PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Fromeys?!

andycottle87
05-04-12, 07:18 PM
Hi all, 've been on the sight for about a year, but have not yet made it to a Wed eve ride out, as I don't know anyone there.

Is there anyone from Frome who heads over to these meets, or close to Frome?

Andy

Viking
05-04-12, 07:24 PM
Hi Andy, I am sure there are few from Frome, but just turn up and say hello they are all a nice bunch of people, look forward to meeting you 8-)

redken1
05-04-12, 07:24 PM
Hi Andy

I live in Frome and travel over to the H&C quite often. Would be great to ride over with you sometime. Can't make it next week cos I'm working late, but will PM you - perhaps you may be ok for the following week.

voodoo
05-04-12, 07:36 PM
If you come past Trowbridge then let me know and I'll meet you on the way through. Can't make this week but hoping to come meet everyone the week after

andycottle87
05-04-12, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I will be going next week, and will PM you if you have changed circumstances.

Andy

Toph
05-04-12, 09:19 PM
Hi Andy, I am sure there are few from Frome, but just turn up and say hello they are all a nice bunch of people, look forward to meeting you 8-)

Hi Andy, just turn up and introduce yourself mate... you're a wiltshire Biker... you'll get a warm welcome... be good to see ya !! 8-) :)

mick_benson
05-04-12, 10:13 PM

Hi Andy, just turn up and introduce yourself mate... you're a wiltshire Biker... you'll get a warm welcome... be good to see ya !! 8-) :)

+1 great bunch :) :)

ozzie
06-04-12, 07:27 PM
hi andy, im from frome im going over hc week after this, so if you wish we find it together, dont know many myself but thems a good bunch. ps thats not quite true chat to a few on facebook and one or two meet through work ect. alan

JayP
07-04-12, 08:18 AM
I'm a Froomie too. I,ve been to the H&C once. I only know a handful of people. It's true they are a very friendly bunch but a lot of people seem to know each other really well and I found it a bit 'awkward' turning up on my own so would be happy to travel over with others. Please PM me if anyone from Frome is heading over. I think some people meet at a petrol station near Trowbridge before going. I guess we could arrange something similar for those going from Frome?

Bonnielass
07-04-12, 09:27 AM
Now the evenings are lighter, there will be quite a few of us going from Trowbridge which you will be very welcome to join. Keep an eye on the Harp and Crown thread to see where we will be meeting. We'll probably be going this week. 8-)

Jon_W
10-04-12, 09:25 AM
Swing through the Trow and I'll meet up with yer.

ozzie
11-04-12, 08:11 PM
hi all im going over to bike meet next week 18th so what say we decide on here next tuesday eve where to meet, im easy. alan ;)

JayP
11-04-12, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a plan. Will keep an eye on this thread.

8_ball
11-04-12, 08:43 PM
Hi there, Ive been over the once and found it a bit awkward but they are a friendly bunch, I mit head over too so I will keep an eye on thread, Im in trow

We could make a newbie corner ....lol

Beamer
11-04-12, 09:12 PM
Hi there, Ive been over the once and found it a bit awkward but they are a friendly bunch, I mit head over too so I will keep an eye on thread, Im in trow

We could make a newbie corner ....lol

This is not something we try to do (making people feel uncomfy)......We were all the newbie once and I still remember how horrid it was turning up not knowing a soul.....but it is extremely hard to recognise new people as they come in......take tonight for instance, there were loads of people at the H+C and loads we did not recognise......we do try to approach new people but occasionally we've had some very odd reactions from people who are not there for the bike meet but wearing bike gear lol.
Please please please can I urge you to just say 'Hi I'm so and so' and we will introduce you. Alot of us wear our hoodies with our names on so you just have to look and you will know who we are.
If you do know you are coming over, a quick mention either on here or on the FB Harp and Crown Bike Meet page, to let us know you are going to be there and we will make sure someone is there to greet you.

Honestly we do understand how uncomfy it is meeting a group of people for the first time especially if we are all chatting etc......BUT we will welcome you into the group, so please just say hi to one of us.......we don't bite.....honest.......(unless asked hehe) ;D ;D ;D ;D

ozzie
14-04-12, 08:21 PM
thanks tina so i just enter pub stand on the chair and say im SO AND SO is this correct if so could be fun . look forward to meeting you all that i dont know as well. :D ;D

ozzie
14-04-12, 08:23 PM
thanks tina so i just enter pub stand on the chair and say im SO AND SO is this correct if so could be fun . look forward to meeting you all that i dont know as well. :D ;D

Beamer
14-04-12, 10:22 PM

Sounds good to me....better than a woman going up to every bloke that enters the pub saying hi, welcome, whats your name, Im Beamer :) :) .....I dont really fancy that as they may just ask "How Much??"
Its alot easier if we know you are coming etc....The H+C is a working pub and there are often members of the general public popping in and out and just might be offended if some complete 'nutter' walks up and introduces themselves,drags them into a group of bikers etc and they are only there for their Grannies 70th birthday drinkie

As you can see its a bit of a difficult situation and we do try to introduce ourselves but it can be a bit of an uncomfortable situation if the person hasnt even come to the bike meet....and yes this has happened and Ive been left feeling like a complete twit (nowt new there I might add ;D ;D ;D)
We wear named hoodies and just a quiet hello to one of us will ensure you are not left out
Hope that helps !!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Toph
14-04-12, 10:32 PM
As Tina says, we're not ogres, we're just ordinary peeps who love biking , meeting socially and having a giggle!! I'll be happy to meet y'all in Frome on a Wednesday evening and lead you to the H&C. :)
The company is good, the pub is excellent, food and drinks are reasonably priced and superb quality, and there's always loads of bikes, Stacy and Alli are brilliant hosts, and the Wiltshire Bikers are a friendly, happy bunch. It'll be good to see y'all !! ;D

Caz
14-04-12, 11:36 PM
Hi Andy, whats the worst that can happen to you if you come along - maybe being approached by some strange women ;D ;)

Snowy
15-04-12, 08:07 AM
Hi Andy, whats the worst that can happen to you if you come along - maybe being approached by some strange women ;D ;)

Never happened to me when I first came along :(

But happened plenty of times since ;D ;D ;D

Caz
15-04-12, 08:58 AM
So there are some strange women in the club then Snowy ? Present company excepted of course ;D

flick
15-04-12, 09:21 AM
So there are some strange women in the club then Snowy ? Present company excepted of course ;D

Really ;D ;D ;D

Caz
15-04-12, 09:36 AM
Few strange men too ;) ;D ;D ;D

Beamer
15-04-12, 02:13 PM
Few strange men too ;) ;D ;D ;D

Just a few ?????? hehehe :-X :-X :-X :-X

whizz
15-04-12, 02:21 PM
oi u you talking bout me again...lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Beamer
15-04-12, 02:32 PM
oi u you talking bout me again...lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If the cap fits................. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awww feel mean now :-/

andycottle87
16-04-12, 06:22 PM
I can now see the benefits of coming along!

ozzie
18-04-12, 02:00 PM
hi chaps who is going to bike meet tonight from frome area, anyone i am. ;)

JayP
18-04-12, 02:04 PM
I'm giving it a miss tonight in view of forecast and footy on the box! Good idea to try and coordinate though. I'll tag along at some point in the next few weeks.

redken1
18-04-12, 02:04 PM
Was planning it but I've been off work with man -flu. Catch you next week hopefully Ozzie. Looking forward to meeting you

ozzie
18-04-12, 02:11 PM
sure thing mate im off this week so its a good time for me, like wise from cheers. :D

ozzie
19-04-12, 04:17 PM
guess what fromies ventured over to bike meet last eve, took awhile to find lol, but when i did i was welcomed by all and great atmosphere , so hey nothing to worry about get on over there and see what your missing. cant do every week due to work but will do my best. be great on a DRY night.
ps. took the motor, and no grief either. alan :D ;) :) ;D ;D ;D

redken1
19-04-12, 04:20 PM
Ye Alan, it's a great ride back on a dry summer's night - nice road back with no traffic. Going next week if weather fine, will give you a shout. :)

ozzie
19-04-12, 07:02 PM
sure thing mate shift that bug first i dont want to give it backie home with me thanks lol, ;D ;D ;)

Beamer
19-04-12, 09:42 PM
guess what fromies ventured over to bike meet last eve, took awhile to find lol, but when i did i was welcomed by all and great atmosphere , so hey nothing to worry about get on over there and see what your missing. cant do every week due to work but will do my best. be great on a DRY night.
ps. took the motor, and no grief either. alan :D ;) :) ;D ;D ;D

Great stuff Ozzie..glad you had a good time..did they make you stand on the chair ?? hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

ozzie
20-04-12, 08:53 AM
dont take my word for it tina just ask them sure thy will vouch for me and lets just say im now known as so and so. ;) ;)