PDA

View Full Version : MOT at short notice

Pipster
20-04-12, 10:22 AM
As title says. Old age is creeping in and i thought i had another month left on my bike, Can anyone recommend a place where i can get it sorted at very short notice ie - tomorrow? TIA

Hazel-nut
20-04-12, 10:32 AM
Don't know where you are based but Phoenix in Trowbridge managed to fit mine in the next day

supermancss
20-04-12, 10:33 AM
start calling round garages. Had mine done at phil stokes westbury. See if he can squeeze you in

Nikki
20-04-12, 10:43 AM
As title says. Old age is creeping in and i thought i had another month left on my bike, Can anyone recommend a place where i can get it sorted at very short notice ie - tomorrow? TIA

I'll second Phil Stokes in Westbury I had great service from him, but no idea whether he'll be able to fit you in at such short notice. Definitely worth a call. http://www.westburyfieldsports.co.uk/Philstokes.htm

Nikki
20-04-12, 10:44 AM
At least you remembered before it was due. ;) ;D

Mitch9128
20-04-12, 11:30 AM
If you are anywhere near Wooton Bassett then Cridge Autos, Paul is a top mechanic and will bend over backwards to fit you in http://www.cridgeautos.co.uk/ i wouldn't use anywhere else.

Snowy
20-04-12, 12:30 PM
Not knowing where you live is'nt a great deal of help....

I use Hopton's MOT Centre in Devizes. Open on Saturdays to.

Ade
20-04-12, 01:04 PM
If in Swindon you could try Bike Treads on Kembrey Park or Steve Lynham Motorcycles on the Kingsdown Ind Estate next to Swindon Crematorium..... Both do bike MOTs.

Kevinb
20-04-12, 01:44 PM

Shouldn't worry not having an MOT it doesn't affect the handling or stops the engine from starting. Carry on riding but book it in.

Kevinb
20-04-12, 01:47 PM
Just had an mot at Pheonix on my Yamaha (mot & service £220 all in) also booked the Triumph and sidecar in for early May (service, mot, tune up and new back tyre for approx £300)

Jon_W
20-04-12, 02:59 PM
Speak to Bike Aid. He'll fit people in at short notice.

BB
20-04-12, 06:22 PM
Where you based? :-?

BB

Nelly
20-04-12, 06:26 PM
I rang Motarc in Melksham. Talesin is a member on here. Rang him thursday, MOT tomorrow :)

Nelly
21-04-12, 11:00 AM
Just got back from Melksham. Many thanks to Trev at Motarc. Great service :)

Ducatista
21-04-12, 01:08 PM
Fill out your location in your profile.
It will help others to help you.

taliesin
21-04-12, 04:49 PM
i run MOTARC in melksham,mot centre for motorbikes,ill fit you in same day if i got space,also fit you in after hours as long as u give me at least half hours notice

goz1960
21-04-12, 04:58 PM
Fill out your location in your profile.
It will help others to help you.
Would certainly help

Dave_R1
24-04-12, 10:08 AM
New road service station in Codford do bikes and bike MOTs, it's owned by a biker and he's always sorted me out :)

Nikki
24-04-12, 01:43 PM
New road service station in Codford do bikes and bike MOTs, it's owned by a biker and he's always sorted me out :)

I think thats the place that Roy Vincent in Warminster recommends and uses as he doesn't do MOT's.

Dave_R1
25-04-12, 11:52 AM

I think thats the place that Roy Vincent in Warminster recommends and uses as he doesn't do MOT's.

Possibly. I've used New Road for years and they're very good. For repairs I use Wayne Ledbury at East Clyffe and he was looking to do MOTs but don't think he ever got round to it.