PDA

View Full Version : Brett McCormick seriously injured

goz1960
23-04-12, 11:32 AM
brett mcCormick seriously injured
http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/178890/1/brett_mccormick_seriously_hurt_in_assen_accident.h tml

i remember seeing this and thought how bad it looked but what first came to my mind whilst watching it was how iirc checa pushed him wide when he really shouldn't of been there,there was no need to make that move and look what happened.i'm all for the "thats racing" and "racing incident" but i felt it was uncalled for.

goz1960
23-04-12, 11:33 AM
here's a vid of the incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2H_P1TF-jk

the vid description sums up my opinion,he's a lap down after pitting for slicks and he ruthlessly pushes brett wide and causes this.

now looking at the vid its hard to tell where he makes the move but he does clearly force him wide.

Dabz
23-04-12, 11:57 AM
ouch! Gutting for only his second race, hope he has a speedy recovery

goz1960
23-04-12, 12:11 PM
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after checks in the circuit medical center, has suffered a trauma to cervical spine, a facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.

The result of more checks carried out showed that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological complications, so Brett has now been transferred to Groningen hospital, where it will be decided how to stabilize the injuries.

wiltshire builders
23-04-12, 01:27 PM
I think it's unfair to blame Checa. He was being aggressive but McCormick stands the bike up. If he held his line he would've been fine. It was a rookie mistake.
Could you imagine Biaggi easing off if he was in the same position?

He has sustained some horrible injuries and I really hope he's ok and riding again soon.

goz1960
28-04-12, 07:56 PM
An update has been given regarding the condition of Effenbert Liberty's Brett McCormick, who suffered serious injuries during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday.

The 20-year-old Canadian, competing in only his second WSBK meeting, was running eleventh when he fell heavily on lap nine in an accident that resulted in spine, face, eye and hand damage.

An update posted by Brett's father Grant on mccormickracing.ca read:

“Thanks for all the well wishes everybody!

“Brett is sleeping comfortably and will be assessed tomorrow, to see if surgery is necessary to stabilize his C5.

“Other than that a broken thumb and assorted bruises etc (two black eyes).

“He was lucky and will be making a full and speedy recovery.

“I would like to thank Shoei and Alpinestars for doing an awesome job and keeping this from being much worse.

“Have to add how unbelievably supportive the Effenbert-Liberty team has been, feels like family. The best.

“And a huge thank you to all the track side & medical centre staff for their time & attention to Brett following his crash.”

Canadian Superbike champion McCormick made his WSBK debut at Imola riding a fourth Effenbert Liberty Ducati 1098R.

LATEST UPDATE :)