PDA

View Full Version : Good luck at the ARD

Squashed_Fly
29-04-12, 07:31 AM
Looking outside now and it looks like you might be just as well to take kayaks!

Scotty
29-04-12, 10:42 AM
Star and I are at the ARD, no riding happening yet (10.40) pissing down and very windy - she's riding and I'm marshalling, assuming anything actually happens... Currently we're sitting in the back of the van with a blanket over our knees like a pair of pensioners on Eastbourne seafront haha! 8-)

Squashed_Fly
29-04-12, 03:48 PM
Looks like its cleared up this afternoon. Hope it was ok in the end

Scotty
29-04-12, 08:46 PM
They made the call just after 2 when it finally stopped raining, there were only about 25 riders left so they ran open pitlane for two hours. Star had a headache and wasn't keen on riding in iffy conditions so came marshalling instead. Our spot was the best one, seeing about the only real action with a guy on a gold BMW S1000RR sliding off in front of us - I think he was the guy that Don and SF commented on last year, squealing his front tyre on the brakes. He was doing that today too according to a couple of other marshals, seems like he's too reliant on the electronic rider aids and doesn't spend enough time working on his own skills, there's more to riding fast than simply hauling on the front brake and trusting the ABS to sort it out. He came to grief chasing a guy on an old R1 who was on full wets... All the traction control in the world won't save it when coming out of a damp corner on road tyres with the throttle too far open. He was ok, mostly cosmetic damage to the bike.

Swanny
30-04-12, 12:29 AM
Looks like its cleared up this afternoon. Hope it was ok in the end
Is the rain ever going to stop??
Took Dave the dog out for a walk earlier, clear blue sky above me and it was still raining on me :-/

Honda_Star
30-04-12, 07:46 AM
Can I just say MUCH RESPECT to the Bike Experience for continuing throughout the day regardless of the weather. Well done Talan :) :) :)