PDA

View Full Version : Roof Helmets

Jon_W
04-05-12, 08:08 AM
Am royaly niffed....

.... my second Roof helmet has fallen apart after two years.... it seems these thing have a self desctuct timer built in as the previous one lasted the same lenght of time before dropping apart.

The lining is worn out, one chin bar retainer has rotted and the chin bar lining is falling out....

Am now faced with trying to make one good lid out of two.....

Am sorelt tempted to go back to either Shoei or Arai full face lids.

>:(

Dabz
04-05-12, 08:30 AM
hmm that didn't last long then! Either that or you're wearing it too much! Do you take it off to sleep?

Scotty
04-05-12, 10:31 AM

...you know it makes sense..... 8-)

Jon_W
04-05-12, 10:41 AM

...you know it makes sense..... 8-)

Yep. They cost similar and I had the last Shoei for five years.

Swanny
04-05-12, 12:23 PM
I would only trust wearing a full face. Don't like the idea of those flip front helmets :-/

Have a look here http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/ and search for 5 star helmets. They start at £70 so no need to spend a fortune for a safe hat :)
Some of the Shoei's only rate at 3 stars

Rabb
04-05-12, 06:43 PM
I have a HJC and it's comfortable, reasonably priced (£150) and so far long lasting (I commute every day - through some interesting weather) and it still looks brand new inside & out.

8_ball
04-05-12, 06:46 PM
I had one of roof boxer helmets, and mine started to fall apart I managed to get in touch with the roof themselves. they sent me new clips for the sides. really helpful, once you get intouch with someone.
did it through there website.
I ll try and find the guys email address, you never know he may still be working there ???
:-*