PDA

View Full Version : Come on, own up, who's done what then ?

Last Train
25-04-12, 06:36 PM
Motorcycle fashion faux-pa's (http://www.visordown.com/features/every-motorcycle-fashion-faux-pas-ever/20460.html)

;D ;D

Bonnielass
25-04-12, 06:44 PM
I have to admit, I have done/do a couple of those!! ::) Love the scooter blanket though!! :o

Wes
25-04-12, 06:44 PM
Very good ;D

Last Train
25-04-12, 06:49 PM
I'm guilty of the shades and clear visor look :-[

and scooter blankets rock !! :D

BB
25-04-12, 07:43 PM
Hmm, I wear photochromatic prescription specs that tint quite dark under my clear visor - does that make me a dweeb? Don't answer that! :D

BB

Nikki
25-04-12, 07:49 PM
Guilty - sunglasses! (and I'll carry on too...much better than a dark visor ;D)

Toph
25-04-12, 07:50 PM
I was just about to order an Iridium double bubble screen for the Cat... :-[

Don't think I'll bother now!! ;D ;D

Pidge
25-04-12, 08:00 PM
But I like anodized parts! It makes my bike different from the other 3000 bikes that were made. ;D

And my kevlar jeans will be staying in my boots as its comfy!

Dabz
25-04-12, 08:28 PM
Used to wear an iridium visor - I thought it was pretty cool! Also guilty of the fleece over leathers at times, and the hi vis

Beamer
25-04-12, 08:32 PM
We had matching Kawasaki jackets.....dont tend to wear them as much now.....since someone said we looked like Asda employees hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moo
25-04-12, 08:38 PM
I think i'm clear but i'm going to tell tales on Don who has the exact set of comedy L plate sliders :)

Hazel-nut
25-04-12, 08:45 PM
I don't think I've done any of those :)

Nelly
25-04-12, 08:53 PM
Guilty. on several counts! DOH! :(

redken1
25-04-12, 08:58 PM
I used to wear pink leg warmers on my GT suzuki when I was young. :o :-*

Tina, never thought of that before - Kawasaki green riders do look like they are starting or leaving a shift at Asda. ;D ;) :P

Rabb
25-04-12, 09:02 PM
I have to admit that I have done the sunglass thing and also the hi-viz too....

Honda_Star
25-04-12, 09:07 PM
mm my pink furry head?! ;D

Beamer
25-04-12, 09:10 PM
mm my pink furry head?! ;D

That doesnt count.....that looked soooo cool !! :P :P

Honda_Star
25-04-12, 09:21 PM
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/headallfire/Hot%20Cross%20Bun%20Run/012.jpg

Beamer
25-04-12, 09:24 PM
hehehe.....still makes me chuckle....one of the girls from work has invested in one now I believe....but her chap said he wont let her go pillion with it on hehehe

Thats just brill star ;D ;D ;D ;D

Geordie Stu
25-04-12, 09:36 PM
Non of the above I'm just way too cool for any of that 8-)

I am joking of course...!!! ;D ;D

Scotty
25-04-12, 09:44 PM
I'll put my hand up to Fleece Over Leathers at Brands last week for the final session I rode, my excuse being it was cold and wet so bollocks to the Fashion Police :P

Snowy
25-04-12, 10:00 PM
I wear sunglasses a lot of the time plus the internal dark flip down visor in my Schuberth helmet. They are prescription and I have sensitive eyes :P

Dan505
25-04-12, 10:06 PM
Guilty of the rim tape......and the camo! ::) :-[

Jacde
25-04-12, 10:21 PM
I MUST get a blanket ;D
I wear sun glasses, but in my defence often use a dark yellow lense as opposed to black lenses 8-)

CharleyX
25-04-12, 10:58 PM
Only one....... 8-) but I need them ... ::)

@bj
25-04-12, 11:03 PM
Strewth... it's a crime to wear sunglasses..?
8-)

Jon_W
26-04-12, 07:57 AM
Sunglasses only!

I own a "race rep" paintjob bike, but it came like that and is a proper job! And I owned a bike with rim tape fitted!

Sapphire
26-04-12, 08:48 AM
I have tucked my jeans in my boots once, but only when they were brand new and I was admiring them .. someone mentioned to me never to do it again and I haven;t! :-[

DC
26-04-12, 11:06 AM
Sunglasses under a clear visor 8-) Still guilty but i am Daddy Cool !!! ;D

wiltshire builders
26-04-12, 11:33 AM
I have to admit that I have done the sunglass thing and also the hi-viz too....
I think the bike snobs have gone a little too far with that one. It's hardly in the same league as anodized bolts and neon lights.
I would say the general rule of thumb would be: If it improves your ride, fine. If you're trying to look cool/different, you're fair game.
Obviously i've never done any of the above.......well maybe 1 or 2

Geordie Stu
26-04-12, 11:50 AM
Ok I admit. Green LED pilot lights & Green rim tape :D

Snowy
26-04-12, 12:41 PM
Given the bike's I ride, I'm hardly concerned with my image ;D ;D

Trev
26-04-12, 12:51 PM
When I was a carefree yoof on LC's and such - skinny white jeans with baseball boots and 'Anarchy' punk jacket, lime green helmet, girlfriends fluffy jumpers - pretty much anything was fair game, even on the odd occasion actual genuine protective gear ;)

Biggest shock I had when getting back to 'mainstream biking' a few years ago (after finding out how much better tyres were) was how much the dress code and kit were part of the scene. Flash leathers and textile suits, big brand helmets if you want to be a proper biker.

Each to their own and with my general dress sense it's a bit of stone throwing/glass house situation if I comment on other peoples ideas of good taste.

Have to say though fluffy ears on the helmet, just not ever gonna be happening for me

Caz
26-04-12, 01:36 PM
Oh well I think that list covers all of us ;D

Ade
26-04-12, 02:07 PM
Easier for me to name the things i dont' have / do from that list.

Now, must be the time of year to get the red camo "Draggin" jeans out of the wardrobe and get them tucked into my silver Troy Bayliss TCX boots !!! ;D ;D ;)

.... not forgetting my red wheel trim, iridium visor and getting the orange Mohican on the helmet !!!!!!! ........
..... just the scooter blanket to get ;)

Gerry
26-04-12, 02:08 PM
drat... I was doing well and feeling quite smug until i came to wearing a fleece over your leathers - guilty :-[

And I thought it was quite cool too 8-)

I'm sure you did it, but as I was looking down the list, other friends / members were popping into my head - Ade ;D

G :)

Ade
26-04-12, 02:10 PM
Haha Gerry .... we posted at same moment .... beat you to it by 1 minute !!!!! ;D ;D ;D and of course 8-)

Gerry
26-04-12, 02:16 PM
And... before some of my so called perverted friends on here read my post, there's a "slash" in there OK ;D

G :D

Sapphire
26-04-12, 04:00 PM
And... before some of my so called perverted friends on here read my post, there's a "slash" in there OK ;D

G :D

;D ;D ;D

Dabz
26-04-12, 05:00 PM
personally I've always through a WB hoodie over leathers is very cool :P

sometimes it's cool to be uncool..

Swanny
26-04-12, 05:41 PM
Dam I was thinking of getting some rim tape :-/
Only thing I'm guilty of is a cuddly toy but that's there for a good reason and you can't really see it anyway 8-)

Won't be wearing high viz ever. If they make it law I'll just get a trike :P

Trev
26-04-12, 08:57 PM
Will be wearing hi-viz for my IAM test, my observer is going to lend me one. I asked if I would fail if not wearing hi-viz and was told no but likely to be marked down for 'inappropriate clothing', just as well I haven't still got the white skinny jeans ;D

Col
26-04-12, 09:15 PM
more interested watching that 180 mph vid :) ...jeans in boots and prescription shades :-? sometimes furry somat on board

Shorty
27-04-12, 01:36 PM
My most memorable and recent one was - 'Burt the Bandit' got flourescent pink wheels - he got renamed 'Burt the transvestite' It was certainly a talking point ;D

wiltsdan
27-04-12, 02:05 PM
Camo trousers, guilty ;)
Stops the MOD police pulling me over.

wiltshire builders
27-04-12, 02:28 PM
Won't be wearing high viz ever. If they make it law I'll just get a trike :P
Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind ;D

BladeTriple
28-04-12, 09:28 AM
Guilty of 'Brand Clash' but I'm not going to throw away £200 of jacket because it doesnt match the badges on my bike if its still new and still fits ....

But the Camo clothing ARGH ... I hate seeing civvies in combat clothing .... You wouldn't wear a firemans, police officers/ train driver/ McDonalds or any other uniform down the street as casual clothing SO DON'T WEAR MINE YOU SCRUFFY F@@@ERS ;D!

Besides ... Urban Cam makes you look like an East 17 tribute/throwback! ;D

Bonnielass
28-04-12, 11:14 AM
Oh no!! Just bought some pink camo's!! What am I going to do?? ::)

NoYou
28-04-12, 12:05 PM
I am the epitome of cool! I don't do any of those things!!! Well unless you class wearing AS gear while riding a yamaha but as AS don't make bikes i think that excludes it.

Swanny
28-04-12, 01:55 PM
But the Camo clothing ARGH ... I hate seeing civvies in combat clothing .... You wouldn't wear a firemans, police officers/ train driver/ McDonalds or any other uniform down the street as casual clothing SO DON'T WEAR MINE YOU SCRUFFY F@@@ERS ;D!

Besides ... Urban Cam makes you look like an East 17 tribute/throwback! ;D

Not just soldiers that wear camo, some people go hunting or fishing :P

Loops
28-04-12, 03:19 PM
Guilty of a couple of those!

But as Will Smith said "I make this look goooood" 8-) ;D ;D

Last Train
28-04-12, 05:19 PM
Just bought some pink camo's!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php).......

;)

redken1
28-04-12, 07:10 PM
Just bought some pink camo's!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php).......

;)

No one will be able to spot you hiding in a bag of marshmallows Rosie. ;) ;D

Jon_W
30-04-12, 08:15 AM
Oh no!! Just bought some pink camo's!! What am I going to do?? ::)

Put the iridium visor on so no one can recognise you..... ;D ;D ;D

newnut
30-04-12, 09:12 AM
if we all had the same taste wouldn't the world be a boring place! thats my excuse for being guilty of many of the above, and still thinking they look good!!!!

Mark_Able
30-04-12, 08:19 PM
Today I am mostly wearing camo trousers with Hi-Viz jacket.. :-/

In days of old, I would have been seen riding a Yamaha DT175 (like a complete pillock) whilst wearing pixie boots and leg warmers... :-[
It was the early '80's... :(

Jacde
30-04-12, 08:28 PM
In days of old, I would have been seen riding a Yamaha DT175 (like a complete pillock) whilst wearing pixie boots and leg warmers... :-[

;D ;D ;D any pictures?

Beamer
30-04-12, 08:36 PM

leg-warmers ??? :o

Mark_Able
30-04-12, 09:19 PM
I know what you're thinking... :-* :-* :-*

but surprisingly, it didn't make me a hit with the chicks... :(

No pictures fortunately... ::)

Jon_W
01-05-12, 12:31 PM

leg-warmers ??? :o

That was my responce..... :o :o :o

Swanny
03-05-12, 11:19 AM
I did have a fluffy toy being used to block out the light from my screen but that has now gone to my dog so I'm cool again 8-)

Rabb
04-05-12, 06:49 PM
I am guilty of only a couple of these fashion faux pas.
However, I have always said that it's not the clothes you wear - it's always a case of 'how you wear them!!!

Trev
04-05-12, 09:57 PM

aggghhh I'd forgotten the pixie boot period, Duran Duran have a lot to answer for. Mind you marginally better winter gear than the Green Flash tennis shoes they replaced and the leg warmers kept the worst of the mud off............ have to agree a hit with the girls back then, unbelievable but true ;D