PDA

View Full Version : Accident

Firemaster
04-05-12, 09:04 AM
Hi guys hows ya all doing
Last december a nice lady pulled out infront of me which resulted in my poor Thundercat being wrote off :'( , but on a lighter note, i just got off with broken back in 3 places (compound fratures) and 4 broken ribs (ok im being sarcastic) >:(, spent 2 weeks in hospital, 4 months in a brace and im getting better now Slowly, just wish the pain would do one.
Reason i thought i would ask is there anyone who has had a broken back, and how has it affected them since. Just like to know what i got to look forward to.

Mitch9128
04-05-12, 09:09 AM
Oof, well at least you are here to tell the tale :o

A mate broke a couple vertebrae in a parachuting accident, landed fine, then still a bit groggy from previous evenings festivities, just lay there, until the chute was caught by the wind and dragged him all over the DZ. He's usually now got some nagging pain, phys is out, and is as fat as house now...that should cheer you up :D

Dan505
04-05-12, 10:09 AM
Holy F**k!, like Mitch says at least your still here

GWS

goz1960
04-05-12, 11:11 AM
Broken a lot of bones in my time but thank god not my back, hooping you a full recovery mate and best wishes.

BB
04-05-12, 12:55 PM
Good to hear you are still about to complain! ;) Done a few breaks and now have one shoulder lower than the other but luckily no breaks to my back. GWS bud. :)

BB

Gerry
04-05-12, 01:29 PM
I cannot tell a lie, I’m not a real biker as I can’t claim to have broken anything - ever :-[

I did encourage my brother to break his collar bone on my Suzuki TC125 when I was young, but that’s the nearest I’ve come.

I do have a scar on my hand from a tin of beans that wouldn’t open (I tell everybody my ex stabbed me) and a one and a half teeth missing from a wood chopping accident - in fact, two separate wood chopping accidents (I never learn) :-/
If you look really closely, I also have a small red line on my finger where my guinea pig bit me when I was 10, but I suppose this doesn’t sound that bad when compared with broken backs etc

Saying that, the good news is that I’ve still time to catch up ;)

G :)

Mark_Able
04-05-12, 09:15 PM
Gerry, you're a muppet... ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hey Craig, glad to see you back on here. What's the future looking like as regards the doctors opinion? :-?

Mark_Able
04-05-12, 09:21 PM
Oh, and my advice is to keep away from fridge magnets... ;) ;D

SupeRDel
05-05-12, 04:33 PM
I cannot tell a lie, I’m not a real biker as I can’t claim to have broken anything - ever :-[

Never knew doing that made you a real biker

Never broken a bone in my body since I started riding in 1974. Had a good few offs in my novice years on 50's 125's and 250's. Back then age and insurance costs mean't you learned about crashing on small bikes.

I still have the scars on my knees and elbows.
After coming off my RD250 at 17 and tearing the top off my helmet down to the lining I realised that bikes are very dangerous and can be life changing.

Have rode carefully ever since to minimise risks