PDA

View Full Version : Re: Boots - Sidi or AlpineStars

Geordie Stu
02-05-12, 05:30 PM
I've got Sidi Vertigo at moment find them very comfy [smiley=thumbup.gif]

goz1960
02-05-12, 05:30 PM
Never had AlpineStar so cant comment but Sidi have always been up to the job and good quality.

Nikki
02-05-12, 05:35 PM
Oops I just accidently deleted my question :-[ :-[

For anyone reading I was just asking for comments about Sidi and AlpineStar boots as I'm thinking of getting some.

Jimbok4
02-05-12, 06:36 PM
Daytona boots for me :)
Good protection & like slippers once on your feet .

BB
02-05-12, 06:44 PM

For anyone reading I was just asking for comments about Sidi and AlpineStar boots as I'm thinking of getting some.

What are you like ;D ;D ;D

I have a pair of Alpinestars and a pair of Sidi's both are very comfortable on and off the bike. 8-)

BB

SupeRDel
02-05-12, 07:15 PM
I have a pair of Sidi boots. Boots are OK but they say they are size nine

I would really say they are 8 and 3/4 as they fit my feet very firmly

wiltshire builders
02-05-12, 10:32 PM
I have both. Sidis are more comfortable and give better feedback. Alpinestar supatechs have better protection. Try a lot before you buy.

Jon_W
03-05-12, 09:04 AM
I have had Sidi's. Apart from the squeaking they were very good and durable. Found then a little un confortable at first though.

I have TCX boots now and they are very good.

NiteW4tcher
03-05-12, 10:53 AM
i have had alpines for last 2 years great protection and very comfy

oh but they squeak (but some silicone spray sorts that out)

wiltsdan
04-05-12, 09:19 PM
Had Alpinestars for ten years, good quality. :)

Green Man
04-05-12, 09:57 PM
Sidi for me :) :)

Scotty
05-05-12, 08:04 AM
Daytonas for ultimate protection, comfortable too and don't squeak. Teknics are superbly comfortable, don't know where their dealers are nowadays though.

Green Man
05-05-12, 07:44 PM
I’ve always found Sidi boots the most comfortable boot I have ever worn over 30 years of biking but everyone has different feet sizes and profiles yea they do squeak but when cleaning use some leather dubbin and work it into the joints they will never squeak again ;) ;)

Toph
05-05-12, 07:59 PM

I have a pair of Alpinestars and a pair of Sidi's both are very comfortable on and off the bike. 8-)

BB
Where do you wear them off the bike Judy?? :o ;D ;D :-* :-*

BB
05-05-12, 10:05 PM

BB

Well, if you have to ask.... :P ;)

BB

Toph
05-05-12, 10:08 PM

BB

Well, if you have to ask.... :P ;)

BB
:)