PDA

View Full Version : RSV for a BMW?

garvey2003
01-05-12, 01:24 PM
The type of riding im doing these days is not enjoyable on my RSV. Been looking around and fancy a BMW GS, so if you know someone who has one and is in the market for a sportsbike, please let me know.

Cheers
Garv

wiltshire builders
01-05-12, 03:16 PM
You've been trail riding on a Mille? I'm not surprised you've not been enjoying it. ;D

Got a mate selling a yam Tenere. Fully prepared with crash bars, bash plate and hand guards. It's pearlescent white with red speed block.

Snowy
01-05-12, 04:50 PM
Plenty of stories of peeps going from sportsbike's to a GS, although not many go back again. Good luck looking but you may be better off selling privately and then going to a dealer as a cash buyer.

garvey2003
01-05-12, 04:57 PM
Wash and polish this weekend and I will be taking some pictures for my advert.

Been in two minds as im off to castlecombe on the 2 june for the bike safe track try day :)
always liked the BMW but love the sportsbikes.

I can alway go back to a sports bike :)

Snowy
01-05-12, 05:03 PM
Wash and polish this weekend and I will be taking some pictures for my advert.

Been in two minds as im off to castlecombe on the 2 june for the bike safe track try day :)
always liked the BMW but love the sportsbikes.

I can alway go back to a sports bike :)

I was 50/50 about the GS as I originally went to test ride a K1300GT which was what I thought I wanted. The dealer gave me a 1200 Adventure to try while I was there and that ride sold me on it. So much fun to ride, they really are a "B road King". Don't get caught up too much with the Adventure thing, they really are terrific roadbikes and all day comfy. Sure, the sportsbike's will get you on the straights but anyone can ride fast in a straight line ;D ;)

Demonbaker
01-05-12, 07:48 PM
Wasn't sure about the Gs first time i rode one, but then it was only for about 10 mins on the M5 on a windy afternoon. A few months later i decided to test ride one properly and after taking a Demo bike out from North Oxford garage i was hooked now on my second one. They are amazingly good off road as well but not for the faint hearted.

Paul_H
03-05-12, 10:57 AM
I love my 06 GS Adventure and wouldn't be without it :)

garvey2003
03-05-12, 11:32 AM
I'm putting mine up for sale this weekend. Hopfully it will sell and then the GS for me :)
MPG will be better Im guessing too

Nooj
04-05-12, 03:47 PM
Why not go for a Tuono? All the fun of the RSVR, but comfortable with it.

SBQE2
04-05-12, 05:27 PM
Assuming you are successful selling yours then I would recommend joining the UK GS forum as a means of tracking down a good GS for sale.

Snowy put me on to the site a couple of years ago and I was successful in finding my 05 plate nearly £1500 cheaper than a dealer, never looked back since, great fun bike.

Demonbaker
04-05-12, 07:20 PM
Assuming you are successful selling yours then I would recommend joining the UK GS forum as a means of tracking down a good GS for sale.

Snowy put me on to the site a couple of years ago and I was successful in finding my 05 plate nearly £1500 cheaper than a dealer, never looked back since, great fun bike.

I'll second that. You will be a tosser before you know it. (go to the site to find out)

Snowy
04-05-12, 07:49 PM

I'll second that. You will be a tosser before you know it. (go to the site to find out)

I got mine of that site as well. 11 months old, 2K on the clock and a £4K saving over new. So yes, I'm a Tosser to!

Paul_H
06-05-12, 07:26 PM
This site is full of Tossers ;D