Hector Barbera (8) – Pramac Racing Team +35.103
Ben Spies (11) – Yamaha Factory Racing +38.041
Aleix Espargaro (41) – Power Electronics Aspar +1.12.728
Danilo Petrucci (9) – Came IodaRacing Project +1.18.669
Mattia Pasini (54) – Speed Master +1.29.142
Ivan Silva (22) – Avintia Blusens +1.32.478
Colin Edwards (5) – NGM Mobile Forward Racing +1.40.577
Karel Abraham (17) – Cardion AB Motoracing +1 lap

;) ;)Some great racing for us Brits cant wait for Silverstone :) :)

wiltshire builders
30-04-12, 02:00 PM
Might want to try sharing your thoughts on the subjects that you post about. Otherwise it just becomes a copy and paste exercise.
Anyone that follows Moto GP would already be aware of the result and anyone who doesn't probably couldn't care.

Gerry
30-04-12, 02:54 PM
... and ??

..actually ... "so what" came to mind .... he's on a good bike !! :-?

Have a Big Hug from me Ade, I'm sure your day will get better ;D

G

PS. dare I say "well done Cal" [smiley=thumbup.gif]

goz1960
30-04-12, 03:20 PM
... and ??

..actually ... "so what" came to mind .... he's on a good bike !! :-?

Have a Big Hug from me Ade, I'm sure your day will get better ;D

G

PS. dare I say "well done Cal" [smiley=thumbup.gif]

I think we should all be saying a well done its great to see a brit up there with the best in moto gp, when was the last time we could really say that?.
As for so what he is on a good bike :o were did Ben Spies end on the factory Yamaha? wake up and smell the roses :P.

Beamer
30-04-12, 04:32 PM
Might want to try sharing your thoughts on the subjects that you post about. Otherwise it just becomes a copy and paste exercise.
Anyone that follows Moto GP would already be aware of the result and anyone who doesn't probably couldn't care.

Didnt realise there was a criteria regarding what people post up on here !!! Silly me !!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Scotty
30-04-12, 05:42 PM
Merely copying and pasting the results sheet with no actual wording from the poster themselves simply results in a heap on un-formatted data. Far better to post a link to the results on Bikesport News or wherever it was found and write a bit about what you thought of his achievements.

Top Tip for Posting: Consider your audience and what they might like to read, what they'd find interesting and informative, and present it in an attractive manner. Look at your original post in an objective manner - in reality it's very poor isn't it? :-?

goz1960
30-04-12, 06:10 PM
All im doing is trying to post and stimulate some response. My thoughts are this is a great forum but underused?. It would also appear that new people like myself and others ie dan seem easy targets for the more established member to take a pot shot at and try to belittle.

R6_Don
30-04-12, 06:29 PM
He done well. Not well enought though as I had £20 on him to finish 1st or 2nd at 40/1 on ladbrokes.

wiltshire builders
30-04-12, 06:34 PM
May I suggest you read some of Redken's posts. They're sometimes controversial, but they always inspire debate.

Your post above claims to be about Cal Crutchlow but could quite easily have been about any other rider on the list of finishing times that you posted.

We want to know what YOU thought about the race and want you to ask us what we thought about it too.

goz1960
30-04-12, 07:21 PM
Here we go then I have been watching bike racing in one form or another since the mid 70s yes I know this makes me old ;D I travel and watch around 4 British super bike rounds plus the World super-bikes and moto gp rounds in this country. For several years we have not had a rider in moto gp that has ridden as well as Cal has in the last 2 rounds of moto gp. This is a massive plus and you watch the crowd swell at this years round in this country (Silverstone). This together with the brits in world super bike and the standard of the riders in this years British super bikes makes for some exiting watching and is making my hairs stand on end. :) :)

newnut
30-04-12, 08:01 PM
I too had some money on Cal, I think it was worth the gamble, especially seein as I covered the bet with Stoner, which I collected today. ****e odds but I ended up not out of pocket on Cal.
Unfortunately on this site Goz there are a lot of bullies, don't worry, they are all harmless. Dont let them put you off the site, there's many a pricks in every bunch of roses. ;D ;D ;D
Cal is doing well, definitely gonna be a front runner the rest of the season me thinks. (unfortunately the odds on him will fall at the bookies tho)

wiltshire builders
30-04-12, 08:30 PM
Here we go then I have been watching bike racing in one form or another since the mid 70s yes I know this makes me old ;D I travel and watch around 4 British super bike rounds plus the World super-bikes and moto gp rounds in this country. For several years we have not had a rider in moto gp that has ridden as well as Cal has in the last 2 rounds of moto gp. This is a massive plus and you watch the crowd swell at this years round in this country (Silverstone). This together with the brits in world super bike and the standard of the riders in this years British super bikes makes for some exiting watching and is making my hairs stand on end. :) :)

Now this is something we can get our teeth into! The standard of racing in the uk is poor compared to the rest of Europe. Even riders with immense talent are forced to hang up their leathers due to lack of support.
Hopefully you're right and Cal will do well this season and give the British racing scene the boost it clearly needs.

Mark_Able
30-04-12, 08:35 PM
He did well, but he's an arrogant little ****. Should fit in nicely with the Casey Stoner crowd. People forget Jeremy McWilliams, but he was probably the best rider from recent years, in my opinion.

Blackandchrome
30-04-12, 08:48 PM
Should fit in well with a few characters on this site too! ;)

Geordie Stu
30-04-12, 08:58 PM
Lets not forget other GBR racers in the Moto 3 Danny Kent had a miserable weekend. On the + Moto 2 Great ride by Scott Redding to get 4th

Beamer
30-04-12, 09:10 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

goz1960
30-04-12, 10:18 PM

Now this is something we can get our teeth into! The standard of racing in the uk is poor compared to the rest of Europe. Even riders with immense talent are forced to hang up their leathers due to lack of support.
Hopefully you're right and Cal will do well this season and give the British racing scene the boost it clearly needs.

How can you say that we have (in WSB)

Tom Sykes
Leon Haslam
Jonathan Ray
Leon Camier
and stretching it
Eugene Laverty

And I cant help it I totally love British Super-bikes

redken1
30-04-12, 10:57 PM
Merely copying and pasting the results sheet with no actual wording from the poster themselves simply results in a heap on un-formatted data. Far better to post a link to the results on Bikesport News or wherever it was found and write a bit about what you thought of his achievements.

Top Tip for Posting: Consider your audience and what they might like to read, what they'd find interesting and informative, and present it in an attractive manner. Look at your original post in an objective manner - in reality it's very poor isn't it? :-?

Scotty, Have you been listening to Simon Cowell on BGT? ;) ;D

Scotty
30-04-12, 11:00 PM
Cowell? Taught him everything he knows... :) :) :)

wiltshire builders
30-04-12, 11:05 PM
I didn't there weren't any British riders, I said they weren't supported like they are on the continent.
I buy Victor Cox's old tyres to help him pay his £20,000 a year tyre bill. He's a sponsored superstock rider yet still works as a painter and decorator to enable him to keep racing.
Gone are the days where WSB was a stepping stone to MOTO GP. They're getting 'kids' from the smaller GP class that've been riding fully race prepared bikes since they could walk.

How often do you open the paper and read about anything bike related in the sports section and where is the coverage for Moto 2 and GP on tv these days? Sky or the Red button.

Dan505
30-04-12, 11:13 PM
How often do you open the paper and read about anything bike related in the sports section and where is the coverage for Moto 2 and GP on tv these days? Sky or the Red button.

not often enough sadly, like you say its either Sky or i used to catch it on Transworld sport at ridiculous o'clock on C4

Geordie Stu
01-05-12, 11:38 AM
If you have Sky you can watch all the Bikes on British Eurosport. As they say "The home of Motorbikes"
BSB, WSB, All Moto 3, 2 & GP. Channel 410, 411 & 412 in HD

evil_daddy
01-05-12, 12:31 PM
he beat his team mate again, that is what he should be aiming for in every race, a podium would be a bonus

Col
01-05-12, 01:04 PM
Only to say CC did excellent to get within 2.4 secs of Stoner especially after the early laps where he apparently had inoperative brakes ??? nearly knocking Hayden off...wonder how it would have panned out otherwise? If he is to progress then that is clearly an issue that needs sorting before this weekend as he could easily get penalised. Have to see if there is any consistency to challenge leaders.

Anyway here's hoping :D

Mark_Able
01-05-12, 09:29 PM
I didn't there weren't any British riders, I said they weren't supported like they are on the continent.
I buy Victor Cox's old tyres to help him pay his £20,000 a year tyre bill. He's a sponsored superstock rider yet still works as a painter and decorator to enable him to keep racing.
Gone are the days where WSB was a stepping stone to MOTO GP. They're getting 'kids' from the smaller GP class that've been riding fully race prepared bikes since they could walk.

Victor's beaten Cal in the Virgin Mobile R6 Cup at Brands... ;)

goz1960
05-05-12, 10:09 PM
How about that for front row of the grid lets hope he can turn that in to a podium. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

silly_simon
06-05-12, 09:00 AM

Here Here ::) ::)

redken1
06-05-12, 10:01 AM

What do people expect? We are not flower arrangers at the WI. :-* :D

Many of us ride 100 BHP plus machines on wet congested roads with only a couple of inches of rubber in contact with the tarmac.

I’ve lost count of how many times people from outside the biking community (who don’t understand our passion for two wheels) have said to me, “You must be a sandwich short of a full picnic.” To which I always reply, “No, because we only eat raw meat.” ;D :P

Bikers are Characters, leave the cloning to politicians. ;)
;D

goz1960
06-05-12, 10:04 AM

What do people expect? We are not flower arrangers at the WI. :-* :D

Many of us ride 100 BHP plus machines on wet congested roads with only a couple of inches of rubber in contact with the tarmac.

I’ve lost count of how many times people from outside the biking community (who don’t understand our passion for two wheels) have said to me, “You must be a sandwich short of a full picnic.” To which I always reply, “No, because we only eat raw meat.” ;D :P

Bikers are Characters, leave the cloning to politicians. ;)
;D

And this type of attitude really helps the way people think of bikers ::) ::)

redken1
06-05-12, 10:09 AM
What attitude? Not quite sure what you mean goz? :-/

goz1960
06-05-12, 10:11 AM
“No, because we only eat raw meat.”

And this was said in jest.

goz1960
06-05-12, 06:47 PM
1 25 1 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 154.0 45'37.513
2 20 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 153.9 +1.421
3 16 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 153.8 +3.621
4 13 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 153.2 +13.846
5 11 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 153.1 +16.690
6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 152.8 +21.884
7 9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 152.5 +26.797
8 8 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 152.1 +33.262
9 7 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 152.0 +35.867
10 6 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 151.0 +53.363
11 5 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 150.5 +1'02.630
12 4 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 149.6 +1'20.736
13 3 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 149.4 +1'23.483
14 2 51 Michele PIRRO ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini FTR 148.7 +1'37.905
15 1 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project Ioda 147.2 1 Lap

Not the best race of the season.

Col
07-05-12, 11:47 PM
well there ya go --CC nearly 17 secs adrift this race ---best of the also rans and 3 secs behind team mate ...it isn't good enough at this level