PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Bike fairing

SBQE2
14-04-12, 06:35 PM
As some of you may already know my daughter Rachael (Anatomiss) had an off last week in Liverpool. The great news for me as her dad is that she only suffered bumps and bruises but the same can't be said for her Kawasaki ER6F which now bears a lot more resemblance to a ER6N :'( To make matters worse as a young novice rider she obviously didn't have comp insurance.

It is interesting to see how well the bike itself survived in comparison to the fairing panels which were trashed, the only damage to the bike itself was to the headlight frame which got badly bent. The headlight and windscreen survived intact.

My reason for posting is to request advice about the possibility of getting an alternative source to OEM Kawasaki parts as even the obvious bits that would need to be replaced come to a grand and that's before all the other bits that are bound to be needed that I dont know about like little brackets etc.

As a wild shot I also wanted to know whether it might be possible to modify the bike to a ER6N from a ER6F as obviously that would be an awful lot less of panels to buy.

Another possibility might be to use universal replacement parts and convert the bike to a more naked appearance.

At the moment the main thing is to figure out the most economical way to get it back on the road and safe even if it doesn't look too pretty, for the moment.

Any links to sites or suggestions would be gratefully received as I'm not having much luck myself in trying to help her out as this level of knowledge is well outside of my experience zone

Cheers

Steve

Dabz
14-04-12, 07:32 PM
Is there an er6 owners club perhaps? I know the bandit owners forum was handy when I was converting my old bandit from unfaired to faired

redken1
14-04-12, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve - I'm glad she is ok and hope you get the bike sorted

Nikki
14-04-12, 08:22 PM
I know Skidmarx do some replacement fairings might be worth a look.

SBQE2
14-04-12, 08:42 PM
Thanks Nikki but skidmarkx and a lot of the other similar type of companies don't do the ER6. Thanx for the suggestion though.

Basher sent some links for ebay one of which looks quite good and I am hoping may provide several of the bits i need. Its interesting that I didn't find it when i searched for fairing or cowling as they are described as panel ::)

Senna(Dan)
14-04-12, 09:02 PM
Steve
I know these aren't genuine kawasaki but they do every colour:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-Aftermarket-Blue-Fairing-ER-6F-2006-2008-2006-2007-2008-ER6F-LK64H-3-/280861648445?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash =item4164a8a63d
I bought a set similar to this when I dropped the gs500.
Hope this helps

NiteW4tcher
14-04-12, 09:36 PM
not knowing alot about the er6

i would assume the bikes r identical......except the amount of body work.

would all the panels etc from a er6n not just fit?

works in my head ;D :D

RachaelEllen
08-05-12, 01:30 PM
Just wanted to share what a fantastic job dad has done of the repair work to my bike. Hopefully i'll be back on it soon!

A before and after photo can be seen here:

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a477/rachaelellen1/repair2.png?t=1336480080

Thanks dad! :)

Jon_W
08-05-12, 02:03 PM
Ebay is best for these things.

As to conversion.... Prehaps these can help...

http://www.bikersoracle.com/er5/forum/

Senna(Dan)
08-05-12, 02:23 PM
Great repair job.
Where did you eventually get the fairings from?

Dan505
08-05-12, 03:11 PM
looking good again, top job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
08-05-12, 03:52 PM
Steve if you need any further parts there used to be a Kawasaki breakers in Bath :) :)

I think they were called Barton motors or something ??