PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Airbrush

Grumpy
08-05-12, 04:13 PM
I am looking for a good airbrush artist to airbrush my LID does anyone know anyone any good.

spudgun
09-05-12, 09:42 AM
try this guy

http://www.piersdowell.com/customhome.html

he's VERY good

Swanny
09-05-12, 11:57 AM
Wow he work looks great. I'd like to have something done on my tank. Wonder how much he charges??

Piers Dowell has been Custom Painting since 1992. He started, as most painters did, just doing a few helmets for friends. This didn’t take long to turn into a steady stream and now he’s probably painted in excess of 2700.

Piers has also always painted high end Custom Bikes and it became quickly apparent that Piers’s ability to paint very realistic and accurate murals became a trademark of his work. Something at which he is simply world class. He has moved from the old Barn in which learned his trade, not to mention froze himself half to death, to a purpose built facility at his home in Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire. It is probably the best equipped workshop of it’s kind in the country. It contains a State of the art low bake oven, sanding rooms and separate plush office area.

Some time ago Piers adopted the attitude that it takes as long as it takes to make the job as good as he can possibly make it. Therefore his work is done to a quality not a price. He works on his own and so is in control of all aspects of his business especially quality!

Custom bikes that Piers has painted have taken best paint and best of show awards at just about every major show in Britain and Europe. His work is owned by the likes of Jean Todt of Ferrari and Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United and he has painted helmets for some of the biggest names in Motor sport including Royalty!

Piers was also awarded in 2010 ‘House of Kolor Prestigeous Painter’ a very sort after accolade within the industry and the only British painter to ever do so.

A keen motorcyclist Piers’s project Dreadnought has achieved almost legendary status despite the fact he hasn’t finished it yet! Piers also achievd a life long ambition to win a British Championship when he won the British Classic Scrambles Championship in 2006. He is now retired from racing to concentrate on the restoration of his collection of large piston Aero Engines.

Piers lives with his wife Diann who is a pillar of support and his daughter Phoebe born in 2004.

Looks like he maybe a bit out of my price range ;D

spudgun
09-05-12, 12:32 PM
Wow he work looks great. I'd like to have something done on my tank. Wonder how much he charges??

Looks like he maybe a bit out of my price range ;D

i have done a course with him a few years ago, worth every penny.