PDA

View Full Version : I refueled and the attendant was friendly and nice

Nikki
15-05-12, 11:57 AM
I bought some fuel yesterday from the fuel station in Trowbridge near the entrance to Asda and the attendent was so friendly and nice!

It was busy there and took a while to be served but the attendent was still very cheerful.

Whilst waiting for my card to take payment I commented that I hadn't seen a machine they had on the desk to check people were old enough to buy fuel. She looked at me (very carefully of course) and said ''Madam I dont mean to be rude, but I dont think you need it ;D ;D'' We had a laugh and a joke and I said it was a shame but yes, sadly she was right.

(Posted in response to a challenge from a previous post but actually very true)

Mitch9128
15-05-12, 12:17 PM
I used to fill up at Tesco Chippenham, when it was Tesco, not Esso. The fat burd in there always used to make lewd comments, which raised an eyebrow, if nothing else, which was i suppose, nice.

Col
15-05-12, 12:24 PM
Not long ago I wanted fuel but battery was bit knacked so went in and asked,with helmet on, if could fuel with engine running and then move and come into pay. I offered to leave my card but she said that was ok and when I went back she was asking about the bike and if I didn't have a 'phone could use one there if needed the AA and that I could have a free coffee while waiting---wasn't needed but top rate customer service :)

Another time the bloke came rushing out with some sand and paper roll cos had been spillage and he wanted to be sure none was on the bike tyres 8-)..very nice man :)

Nelly
15-05-12, 12:40 PM
Murco on the Roundabout at the end of the 361 in Devizes. Fuel is a couple of pence dearer but the 2 ladies that serve me there on a regular basis always call me darling. I guess it isn't PC these days but i love it. They're both always cheery even when it's peeing down, freezing cold, first thing in the morning. :)

Blackandchrome
15-05-12, 12:41 PM
Col; Wasn't a "fat burd" you spoke to was it?
;D ;D

Nikki
15-05-12, 01:04 PM
[quote author=Mitch9128 link=1337079471/1#1 date=1337080667...fat burd in there.....[/quote]

Do hope she isnt reading this ;D ;D ;D

wiltshire builders
15-05-12, 01:22 PM
(Posted in response to a challenge from a previous post but actually very true)
Brilliant! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I filled up at the London Rd garage in Bath and for got my wallet. The bloke was fine and let me shoot round to my girlfriends to get some cash.
Another time a friend stopped in a taxi to get cash from their machine to pay for the trip. It was out of order so the cashier lent him £10! That was above and beyond in my opinion.

Garage attendants: They're not all miserable b'stards.........

Col
15-05-12, 02:27 PM
Col; Wasn't a "fat burd" you spoke to was it?
;D ;D

No she didn't seem desperate ;D ;D

redken1
15-05-12, 07:45 PM
I usually fill the van and bike at Sainsbury's in Frome. I always have a lovely chat with a lovely lady who works there when it's her shift. A real pleasure :) :) :)