PDA

View Full Version : Dropped my bike like a plonker

Dan505
06-05-12, 02:16 PM
Went for a blast this morning thru the countryside, hour and a half later returned home with a massive grin on my facd and thought i'd oil my chain..... Didn't bother using the side stand, got off the bike and grapped the paddock stand, went to lift so switched grip and didn't have much strength in my arm cause of the ride and it tipped :-[ so i thought it would be an even better idea to get between it and the floor so thats exactly what i did but the bike thought it would be more to pin my knee under it :'( lot of pushing later and i'm free and luckily only damage is to me and when the pain and swelling goes i'm gonna try for round 2 :-[

Nelly
06-05-12, 02:53 PM
not the best of ideas then :-?
Hope all is ok.
:)

Dan505
06-05-12, 03:02 PM
Not really mate, should have done it properly and not when i'm knackered. Lesson learnt the hard way and won't repeat it ::) now what to do with a melon sized knee....? :o

goz1960
06-05-12, 04:26 PM
You plonker hope you are o/k

Senna(Dan)
06-05-12, 04:44 PM
A knee the size of a melon, a bag of frozen peas might not cut it then! Maybe try a bag of frozen spinach to grow some Popeye arms!

Dan505
06-05-12, 04:51 PM
Cheers Dan! Your sympathy is overwhelming :D

Senna(Dan)
06-05-12, 04:56 PM
Well we all learn from our first. I hope your knee is okay, I know how much it can hurt!
The spinach was to help you build up those arms to catch it next time pmsl

goz1960
06-05-12, 05:06 PM
Well we all learn from our first. I hope your knee is okay, I know how much it can hurt!
The spinach was to help you build up those arms to catch it next time pmsl

Ha Ha Ha :) :) :)
we are full of sympathy ;)

Dan505
06-05-12, 06:38 PM
arse's ;D

Scotty
06-05-12, 06:49 PM
I learnt the hard way nearly a year ago, should have left the bike in gear on an uneven surface and it rolled forward off the stand... I wasn't close enough to catch it on my thigh and hold it, instead it caught my knee side-on and folded it sideways, rupturing my anterior cruciate ligament :'( the pain was unbelievable and ended up with an operation to rebuild it in November. If the bike's going over best just let it go or you risk really hurting yourself trying to catch it... Might be an idea to use the side stand next time, though you've no doubt figured that out for yourself. Get the knee elevated and put an ice pack on it to reduce the swelling. If it still really hurts tomorrow, go to the doctor. If you go to A&E be prepared to wait around for ages and be told "it's soft tissue damage" >:(

goz1960
06-05-12, 06:53 PM
I learnt the hard way nearly a year ago, should have left the bike in gear on an uneven surface and it rolled forward off the stand... I wasn't close enough to catch it on my thigh and hold it, instead it caught my knee side-on and folded it sideways, rupturing my anterior cruciate ligament :'( the pain was unbelievable and ended up with an operation to rebuild it in November. If the bike's going over best just let it go or you risk really hurting yourself trying to catch it... Might be an idea to use the side stand next time, though you've no doubt figured that out for yourself. Get the knee elevated and put an ice pack on it to reduce the swelling. If it still really hurts tomorrow, go to the doctor. If you go to A&E be prepared to wait around for ages and be told "it's soft tissue damage" >:(

Good advice Dan wish I could have come out with you this morning then I might have been there to laugh ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

voodoo
06-05-12, 08:35 PM
full of sympathy on here ;D
GWS bud

Senna(Dan)
06-05-12, 08:42 PM
Don't admit it then :D :D :D
The wife is for sympathy ;D ;D ;D
The mates are for p*$$taking

Dan505
06-05-12, 08:53 PM
I know Senna an i wouldn't want it any other way! You two are still arse's tho! ::)

Yeah it does tickle a bit Scotty and believe me next time a bike goes, i'll let it...... don't have any frozen peas so its resting on a tin of beans, that still works right?

Seriously tho it hurts like a bastard and makes a marvelous click everytime i walk :(

Wes
06-05-12, 08:59 PM
Nice going Rodders, seriously tho, hope u are ok mate

Dan505
06-05-12, 09:44 PM
Eh? Rodders? :-?

Dan505
06-05-12, 09:45 PM
ah you mean Rodney he he he

Wes
07-05-12, 08:32 PM
Thats the one ;)

Beamer
07-05-12, 08:45 PM
Hehehe...I just tip sideways with mine hehe.....I think 80% of people on here have seen me go over at least once....I just chalk it up....double figures now hehe....only thing ive ever suffered is a rather damaged foot last year which occasionally gives me gip even now ...but I have been rather lucky the only thing I hurt is my pride.....but Im so used to it now even that has toughened up hehehe

GWS :D :) ;D

Jon_W
08-05-12, 08:01 AM
Ouch!

Oh well, lesson learned..... the same way the rest of us learned!!!

camera.op76
22-05-12, 08:40 AM
Happened to me in Swansea a couple of weeks ago, my last Match of the Day for the season, I started to ride home, not even left the car park, I couldnt get my foot off the Peg, and over we go... embarressing more than anything. Im glad the rest of the camera crew had gone, or I would have had the piss taken out of me probably til the end of time. ;D

supermancss
24-05-12, 02:12 PM
Happened to me in Swansea a couple of weeks ago, my last Match of the Day for the season, I started to ride home, not even left the car park, I couldnt get my foot off the Peg, and over we go... embarressing more than anything. Im glad the rest of the camera crew had gone, or I would have had the piss taken out of me probably til the end of time. ;D

Ive had similar, I seem to forget that I need to put my foot down and luckily remember last minute haha.

SupeRDel
25-05-12, 11:31 AM
Went for a blast this morning thru the countryside, hour and a half later returned home with a massive grin on my facd and thought i'd oil my chain..... Didn't bother using the side stand, got off the bike and grapped the paddock stand, went to lift so switched grip and didn't have much strength in my arm cause of the ride and it tipped :-[ so i thought it would be an even better idea to get between it and the floor so thats exactly what i did but the bike thought it would be more to pin my knee under it :-[

The shift manager at a place I worked a few years ago did exactly the same moving his R6 just a few feet in the garage. Unfortunately, trying to save the bike ended up with him off work for 6 months with a badly broken leg.