PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here done ROSPA training?

Nikki
25-05-12, 09:20 AM
Well I've finally got around to it and have my first RoSPA session this evening :) Just wondered if anyone else here has completed it or just started it?

big_bird
25-05-12, 09:37 AM
Done a couple of training sessions with the rozzers ;D

And an IAM course a few years ago. Advanced training is great; there's always something to learn...or re-learn. Such as don't overtake a bike that says POLICE on the back. D'oh :(

Nikki
25-05-12, 09:49 AM
Done a couple of training sessions with the rozzers ;D

And an IAM course a few years ago. Advanced training is great; there's always something to learn...or re-learn. Such as don't overtake a bike that says POLICE on the back. D'oh :(

I did BikeSafe last year which was the prompt really to do some further training. I actually really enjoyed it.

I decided on RoSPA having done the IAM car test a while ago but I'm sure they are very similar.

As for overtaking a Police bike...say no more :)

Dan505
25-05-12, 10:10 AM
good luck with it, let us know how you get on

Nikki
25-05-12, 10:33 AM
good luck with it, let us know how you get on

Thank you - will do :)

DaytonaDog
25-05-12, 03:16 PM
Just started my ROSPA training a few weeks ago. Only had one session so far due to the previously crap weather. This had reminded me to get another session sorted so thanks for posting up.

Loops
25-05-12, 06:01 PM
I'm mid-way through IAM training at the moment myself - as you say, I'm sure they're pretty similar.

Loving it so far, really enjoy riding with my observer and always learning and improving 8-)

Nikki
25-05-12, 08:57 PM
Well just come back from my first session and for anyone thinking of doing it - DO IT ;) :)

I really enjoyed it and my observer is lovely :) :)

(Had to say that as he might read this...only joking he is actually very nice)

It was great to ride out with such a good rider and get some really helpful feedback. Going to practice and work on some of the things he mentioned at the weekend and looking forward to next week :)

Trev
26-05-12, 07:00 PM
Done 6 session of IAM training with Solent Advanced Motorcyclists (SAM), completed my 'mock' week before last and waiting date for full test.
Although been riding for 30 years I've definitely picked up some new (better) habits and helped me recognise and work on eliminating a few poor ones. Not the be all and end all but I would definitely recommend to anyone who has never done any form of training, the rideouts are pretty good too if you're into group riding.
Did the level 2 slow riding course last week and even found that enjoyable if at times a little basic, learnt a few new tips though.