PDA

View Full Version : Hot battery

Wes
27-05-12, 04:18 PM
I popped out for a spin as you do, when i got back the bike was starting to miss a bit, to cut a long one short ive removed the battery and it was proper hot, as in cant hold it, and it looked like a leak from the battery body/seal, the main one not the snap in strip. any ideas?the battery is only 1 month old, and i need to get it fixed before next Saturdays Castle Coombe event. cheers wes

voodoo
27-05-12, 08:35 PM
Have you still got the receipt as would have thought it would still be under guarantee?

Wes
27-05-12, 08:58 PM
Yes mate, still under the 1yr guarantee so i will pop it back for a test, but ive been reliably informed it may be the regulator/rectifier so i will be looking into that too :)

voodoo
27-05-12, 09:01 PM
Ah nice one, sounds like a plan. Hope you get it sorted bud [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
28-05-12, 07:54 AM
That leak sounds like the acid boiling!!!! I'd get the electrics of the bike checked at the same time. Sounds like you have a short circuit somwhere!!! Check the starter motor as well.

NoYou
28-05-12, 10:00 AM
That leak sounds like the acid boiling!!!! I'd get the electrics of the bike checked at the same time. Sounds like you have a short circuit somwhere!!! Check the starter motor as well.
a blown rectifier would have the same effect Jon, when the rec went on mine it was pumping upwards of 17.5V through the battery, had exactly the same happen

Jon_W
28-05-12, 10:26 AM
I know. Have also seen a starter motor go east and do that.

Wes
28-05-12, 06:57 PM
thanks for the advice :) got the new battery (replacement) today, fitted a new solenoid which i had handy and the regulator is on the way, hope that sorts it ;)