PDA

View Full Version : Bike needed a rest

Kevinb
28-05-12, 08:46 AM
Walking around Southwick steam rally and what comes over the tannoy 'Could the owner of motorcycle ??? return to their bike as it's on it's side' :o

When we got back the side stand had decided to head South in the soil and lay the bike down. It took three of us to pick it up and luckily nothing damaged but my pride. I then found somewhere a bit more solid.
It was a bugger as we had just dropped the rucksack off at home after being out in the morning and had one of those plastic thingies in it

Dabz
28-05-12, 09:43 AM
Bugger, glad to hear nothing was damaged mate. You'd have thought the ground was rock hard after the last weeks weather!

Jon_W
28-05-12, 10:28 AM
Oopss.

Glad there was no damage (other than pride)

Poor bike, you really shouldn't ride it so hard..... tires it out!

Was the rally good?

Nikki
28-05-12, 11:02 AM
Glad it wasnt damaged.

Have you ever tried this to lift a dropped bike -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MPyX0QCYw&feature=fvwrel

It honestly does work.

I've used it more than once to pick up a dropped bike on my own including a fully loaded 1200 Bandit :-[ and I'm not very strong at all.

Kevinb
28-05-12, 01:17 PM
I thought the ground would have been hard enough & yes I do ride it to hard poor bugger even with just me on it, it must seem like two up with luggage ;D

I'm sure I could have lifted it on my own, but it was easier with my wife and the nice motorcyclist who helped

Geordie Stu
28-05-12, 08:06 PM
Soft landing for the bike. ::) No damage like you said just your pride :)

Maybe carry a small piece of plywood might help...!

BB
28-05-12, 08:18 PM
I didn't see much of the rally as I was late arriving due to a breakdown (bike not me) but what I saw was good and Woods cider was excellent [smiley=beer.gif]

BB

Swanny
28-05-12, 09:50 PM
Glad it wasnt damaged.

Have you ever tried this to lift a dropped bike -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MPyX0QCYw&feature=fvwrel

It honestly does work.

I've used it more than once to pick up a dropped bike on my own including a fully loaded 1200 Bandit :-[ and I'm not very strong at all.

That's great

Jon_W
29-05-12, 02:57 PM
I've seen a guy do that with a goldwing, but never seen it explained before. Will have to remember that.

Mark_Able
29-05-12, 08:56 PM
I nearly 'domino'd' a whole row of bikes at Donington WSB a few years back. Same problem of side stand sinking in. Most embarrassing. But as I've said before, if it's possible to do, I've probably done it at one time or another... :-[