PDA

View Full Version : anyone know....

Squashed_Fly
30-05-12, 06:06 PM
a relatively safe way of removing my front wheel without a front paddock stand? It's only for half hour while i nip it down to get the tyre changed over...

Gerry
30-05-12, 06:18 PM
Do you know anyone who's really strong ? ;D

Scotty
30-05-12, 06:20 PM
Where are you getting it changed, BikeTreads? Why not ride it down there and let them do it all? Aside from that, without removing the fairing and trying to find a suitable point to jack the front up (whilst securely on a rear stand), you're better off using a proper front stand (never try to use one without a rear stand, the bike will fall off it)

silly_simon
30-05-12, 06:21 PM
I wouldnt recommend it mate, which reminds me I have front & rears to sell :)

Squashed_Fly
30-05-12, 06:44 PM
The front tyre has a split in the rubber but carcass still intact. It might do me just to get to BTs. Will just ride very slow and in the bus lane!

Jon_W
31-05-12, 08:59 AM
Is a fun operation, especially if you don't have a main stand. I'd either borrow a front stand or ride over to Bike treads very slowly.

mick_benson
31-05-12, 12:16 PM
Strap from bars to garage roof :)

Rabb
31-05-12, 12:23 PM
Strap from bars to garage roof :)

+ 1

Squashed_Fly
31-05-12, 01:46 PM
Rode it over in the end, very slowly! Never seen a tyre do that before. The rubber had kind of blistered away from the tyre carcass and then split. Plenty of tread on it so not sure why that's happened. Possibly where it's been stood on a cold garage floor?

silly_simon
31-05-12, 03:34 PM
Just put an old piece of carpet down mate, or put it up on stands is the best bet :)

My Fazer was stood all winter on its main stand and a pair of axle stands under the fork's with a cloth between the mating surfaces [smiley=thumbsup.gif]