PDA

View Full Version : Blue GS500 Stolen in Bristol

lolliver
28-05-12, 10:21 AM
Morning guys,

Can't believe I'm having to write this but last night my motorbike was stolen from the Fishponds area of Bristol.

It's a blue GS500, with a topbox on the back of it.

If anyone happens to spot it in the Bristol area please could you let me know?

Freshly taxed and MOT'd this weekend, with brand new chain and sprockets.. Little b**tards >:(

Cheers,

Ollie

Jon_W
28-05-12, 10:24 AM
AR5EHOLES!!!! >:(

Any pictures? What's the registration???

lolliver
28-05-12, 10:30 AM
Yep I'll get a couple of pictures up later when I finish work. Reg is 'Y484 OVL'

Can't believe it! It's been Alpha.Dot'd so hopefully that'll help with something though..

Jon_W
28-05-12, 10:36 AM
For WB note:

My GS is blue and has a top box, but is an 05 registration!

Splash
28-05-12, 10:38 AM
For WB note:

My GS is blue and has a top box, but is an 05 registration! ;D

I'll keep my eyes open in Swindon! Ya never know!

Swanny
28-05-12, 11:48 AM
Sorry to hear this
Thieves are the lowest form of life >:(

lolliver
28-05-12, 12:22 PM
Cheers guys, it's appreciated.

Still, on the plus side I did fancy test riding a Fazer 600 at some point ;) Every cloud has a silver lining and all that stuff!

Dan505
28-05-12, 12:33 PM
wankers, i'll keep them peeled >:(

Goldie
28-05-12, 02:19 PM
bastards! I'd have proper cried, me, and I'm not girly either. I'll keep 'em peeled in the Nam too.

lolliver
28-05-12, 02:59 PM
Thanks Goldie =)

I didn't cry, but I felt sick and had to sit on the doorstep for a few minutes lol

I'll go door knocking this evening to see if anyone saw anything I guess!

Dan505
28-05-12, 03:08 PM
any shops either end of your street with outdoor CCTV?

get the pics up soon as and we can start looking.

lolliver
28-05-12, 06:12 PM
Here're a couple of pics of the bike:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/sdc10812n.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/sdc10815s.jpg/

Cheers guys.

@Dan nope, we're in a weird little horseshoe shaped road here! Thanks for the thought though =)

Mark_Able
28-05-12, 10:17 PM
Oh man, that sucks. Fishponds, what a sh*thole. I go through there on a regular basis, and can't help but think, there's a lot of places in the world I'd rather be... :(

voodoo
28-05-12, 11:13 PM
Gutted for you. Hope they find it safe and sound and deal with the thieving scumbag appropriately >:(

lolliver
29-05-12, 08:50 AM
Oh man, that sucks. Fishponds, what a sh*thole. I go through there on a regular basis, and can't help but think, there's a lot of places in the world I'd rather be... :(

I've thought that a lot over the last 2 years! ;D Moving on to a slightly nicer student accommodation next month (Horfield.. I did say slightly nicer :P)

pilninggas
30-05-12, 06:06 PM
Hope it gets recovered, but that your insurance replace it (thieves don't tend to care quite as much).

it's probably lying in a ditch in Hillfields.......

Wes
30-05-12, 08:58 PM
I will keep a look out for your bike mate >:(

lolliver
30-05-12, 09:20 PM
I will keep a look out for your bike mate >:(

Cheers mate. Sounds like quite a few bikes go missing in the Fishponds area!

lolliver
31-05-12, 09:33 AM
Hello all, bit of happy news for you!

Bike was spotted being ridden around by someone that didn't have any keys for the vehicle!

So they've recovered it now and the piece of s**t that stole it/was riding it is going into the police station this morning of his own free will to make a statement (yeah, right..)

Don't know what kind of state the bike's in yet, I shall keep you all posted.

:) :) Big thanks to the UK Police force though!! :) :)

Swanny
31-05-12, 09:39 AM
Nice one :)

lolliver
31-05-12, 09:44 AM
Nice one :)

Chuffed to bits! Just hope that he hasn't knackered it too badly :o At the very least I'll have to do some work to the ignition/steering lock I guess; but that's better than buying a new bike :D

Jon_W
31-05-12, 09:48 AM
Great news.

Hope they throw the book (or any other heavy object) at the scum.

:)

Dan505
31-05-12, 10:08 AM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] good to hear, so is the lil twoccer gonna pay for the repairs?

lolliver
31-05-12, 10:11 AM
Great news.

Hope they throw the book (or any other heavy object) at the scum.

:)

Cheers! With a bit of luck they'll be able to prove that he nicked it, then I'll get him prosecuted. (with a big smile on my face ;D)

Dan505
31-05-12, 10:17 AM
only proof needed was he did not have your permission to ride your bike, whether he physically stole it or not he was in possesion of (reported) stolen goods and was not permitted to be riding it at that point in time when he was caught.

only the most dumbest of magistrates or those afraid of some bizairre PC ruling would go against you for this.

Glad you got it back tho :)

spudgun
31-05-12, 10:18 AM
Cheers! With a bit of luck they'll be able to prove that he nicked it, then I'll get him prosecuted. (with a big smile on my face ;D)

It should be a Riding with no Insurance and handling stolen property at the very least - if he manages to get away with the theft charge

lolliver
31-05-12, 10:38 AM
only proof needed was he did not have your permission to ride your bike, whether he physically stole it or not he was in possesion of (reported) stolen goods and was not permitted to be riding it at that point in time when he was caught.

It should be a Riding with no Insurance and handling stolen property at the very least - if he manages to get away with the theft charge

That's great news! At least he'll get some kind of comeuppance then.

Goldie
31-05-12, 03:58 PM
FINALLY, some good news! really happy they found it, I hope the little runt get's what he deserves. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/mom2cait_bhm/smileys/th_smiley-angry-rant.gif

voodoo
31-05-12, 08:50 PM
nice one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]