PDA

View Full Version : I.O.M

wiltshire builders
03-06-12, 03:08 PM
Hi from the Tt. Having lunch in the palace with Adrian Archibald (well he's on the next table) Mcguiness was on fire yesterday
Haven't bumped into Smelly yet though.

Wes
03-06-12, 05:23 PM
Hi mate looked really good yesterday, following the action on itv4 :) Cam Donald is going well

redken1
03-06-12, 06:42 PM
Hi from the Tt. Having lunch in the palace with Adrian Archibald (well he's on the next table) Mcguiness was on fire yesterday
Haven't bumped into Smelly yet though.
8-) 8-) 8-)

Col
05-06-12, 10:15 AM
Mcguiness is after Dunlop record.

wiltshire builders
05-06-12, 03:56 PM
Only managed to do the course twice. They keep closing it due to crashes. 5 killed already including the Manx golf champion. :'( It's scary up on the mountain.

Wes
05-06-12, 04:11 PM
:o B-hell haven't heard much about that

Col
05-06-12, 04:33 PM
Ain't it called 'Mad Sunday' the Sunday of the race when plenty of wannabes attempt self termination

Scotty
05-06-12, 05:33 PM
Were the TT to have been held on the mainland, the fun and safety nazis would be jumping up and down to get it banned on account of the fatalities that accompany it, both of racers and the public. Fortunately the Manx government have a mind of their own and the high cost is seen as coming with the territory. Doesn't help with people getting carried away though, and of course they're emulating McGuinness, Dunlop and co when the roads aren't closed. It's one of the main reasons that I prefer going to the Manx GP rather than the TT, way fewer people there so the roads, pubs and restaurants aren't rammed, and there are fewer card-carrying idiots on the roads.

Mad Sunday's over-rated anyway, far too busy and dangerous. WB - if you want to get a relatively clear lap in, go easy on the pop the night before and get out early in the morning, do a lap and be back in time for breakfast, the roads are much quieter at 06.30 8-) 8-) 8-)

wiltshire builders
05-06-12, 05:38 PM
Did just that Scotty, they're much clearer but much colder too! I have not illusions of my place on the island but some of the riding i've see beggers belief.

SupeRDel
05-06-12, 10:33 PM
Always amazed me how people called Sheene, Roberts, etc cowards for not riding the TT races.

Road circuits will never ever be safe - the fatality figures at the TT over the years have proven it.
Every year riders/racers die - I always feel sorry for the families they leave behind.

The event has a higher death rate than afghanistan.

Last year a couple of the RD club were up on the mountain doing 90 when a Ford Transit van past them... :o

Having said all that I will be there next year with the RD400. We have already booked 3 houses for a club visit

SupeRDel
05-06-12, 10:37 PM
Island news here..

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news

Senna(Dan)
06-06-12, 03:22 AM
When top circuit racers turn round and say these guys are out of this world and they wouldn't want to race it kind of proves the point.
To go round that circuit at the speeds they do is mesmerizing.

wiltshire builders
07-06-12, 04:15 PM
Bumped into Stacy in a bar in Douglas. Don't envy that lot camping in this ****e weather. Managed another lap today albeit in fog. One of the scariest things I've ever done.

Check out Dan Kneen's crash on YouTube. One lucky boy.

Everyone here is really friendly,a mate lost his wallet and it was handed in complete with the £300 that was in it.
It's just when they get on their bikes. Waiting at quarter bridge we must've seen 20 near misses due to inconsiderate/arrogant riding. It's this kind of thing that pisses off the locals and puts the TT in jeopardy.

Weather not looking good for the senior tomorrow :'( think tonight may be a boozy one ;)

BB
07-06-12, 06:49 PM
That fog on the mountain can be scarey - a few years back I had a meal with pals in Ramsey and then headed back over the mountain quite late as digs were in Douglas. (Was on my own in van as my man was in Nobles) Extremly foggy that night and it felt like three days before I crossed the tramlines at the bungalow! :o :o Seemed like forever before I made it back to Douglas! :P

BB

wiltshire builders
07-06-12, 07:59 PM
A pickup truck was caught going the wrong way over the mountain the other day. Imagine meeting that in the fog!

DC
07-06-12, 11:09 PM
As Jackie Stewart said The other night " Its Mans Country" !!!