PDA

View Full Version : Running out of bikes to break...

BB
28-05-12, 08:13 PM
Not doing so well these last few weeks...

AJS – clutch playing up. Really had to get that sorted that as the moment you dropped it into gear you have to hang on to the brake or you were off! It's taken us ages to get round to sourcing the parts and I'm not 100% they have sent the right stuff now.

Serow - I did about 80/90 miles on it a couple of Sundays ago and got a puncture from a nail about a mile from home... ::)

Strada - She failed the MOT on Saturday. Persuaded the lights and indicators to work as they should on the day and she fails on the swinging arm bearings. Doh

Triumph – We were enjoying an excellent run with Bath Classic yesterday and she was going well. Just indulging in a bit of bend swinging somewhere over All Cannings way about 60 miles in, when she stopped. And I mean stopped, we just coasted to a halt. We had fuel and sparks in all the right places. Replaced the fuse, checked absolutely everything at least twice and she wouldn’t go so ended up sending Ghost off to get the van. :(

Ah well, wouldn’t want Ghost to have nothing to do down the garage… ;) ;D

BB

redken1
28-05-12, 08:18 PM
Run of bad luck Judy - things can only get better- keep :)

Dabz
28-05-12, 08:58 PM
Sounds like you're having a right time of it! Is the triple back on the road yet? I know of a little Honda benly that's being neglected if you want something to pootle round on :)

BB
28-05-12, 09:46 PM
The Benly! Now there's a thought! Chicken run is coming up!

Ghost has had a quick check of the Triumph and reckons it's something in the valve train so she will have to come apart. rats! :(

Triple is back on the road, Ghost has used it for work a few times as he hasn't got the F800 back yet. Well he had it back & refused delivery :P

Still got the Serow as the puncture has been fixed. :)

BB

Last Train
28-05-12, 09:48 PM
:o That's a tough run of luck BB

good you've got one back :)

BB
28-05-12, 10:05 PM
Yes, or I would have had to start on Ghost's collection! ;D

BB

Toph
28-05-12, 10:29 PM
Anytime you need a lift Judy.... ;) ;D

What's your choice of steed on Sunday? :-?

BB
28-05-12, 10:40 PM
Not sure yet Toph, could be a Strada if it's fixed in time, could be a triple... or a Benly? ::)

BB

Dan505
28-05-12, 10:50 PM
:o do you live in a dealership? sounds like you got a good collection

BB
29-05-12, 07:34 AM
;D ;D I have this problem, I have extreme difficulty, what's the word? selling? Yes that's the word, selling anything. Not even sure what it means :-/ I even passed the illness on to Ghost, he only had one bike when we met...

Actually, I've sold 2 bikes in the last three years, had to have treatment afterwards mind :D :D

BB

Jon_W
29-05-12, 08:26 AM
You seem to have my midas touch for bikes..... ;D

The cub is on strike at the moment. Refusing to carburate at all.... hoefully new shiney things will appease it!!!!

The joys of motorcycles.

Dabz
29-05-12, 10:02 AM
Not sure yet Toph, could be a Strada if it's fixed in time, could be a triple... or a Benly? ::)

BB

You're more than welcome to use the Benly - it's now all fixed and ready to go...probably could do with a shakedown ride first if you fancy it - I'm at Castle Combe all day Sat for the bikesafe day :/

BB
29-05-12, 09:47 PM
Hmm, a Triple, a Gilera Arcore or a Benly - or a Serow with knobblies... :-/

BB

Jon_W
30-05-12, 07:46 AM
How about a Benly with Knobblies..... ;D

Such choices BB....

BB
30-05-12, 08:12 AM
How about a Benly with Knobblies..... ;D

Such choices BB....

Interesting thought! :D

BB
31-05-12, 09:03 PM
Now the bleeding Triple has a puncture! >:(

BB

Dabz
31-05-12, 09:09 PM
The benly may be sold too now - guy coming from Manchester tomorrow to look at it..your options are running out!

Goldie
31-05-12, 09:20 PM
have you broken a mirror or six lately? :-? crappy luck :-/

ps, please stay away from my bike, it's just been fixed ;D

BB
01-06-12, 08:17 AM
The benly may be sold too now - guy coming from Manchester tomorrow to look at it..your options are running out!

Didn't know you were selling it! Bet it's because you just don't ride it :D You need to get out more Dabz! ;D

So, a Serow with knobblies or a Gilera... :-/

BB

Dabz
01-06-12, 10:53 AM
I stuck it in MCN to see if there would be any interest - suffering from a complete lack of time at the mo...the triple barely gets ridden let alone the benly too :(

BB
01-06-12, 12:36 PM
have you broken a mirror or six lately? :-? crappy luck :-/

ps, please stay away from my bike, it's just been fixed ;D

I won't even look at it! ;D ;D ;D

BB
01-06-12, 12:38 PM
I stuck it in MCN to see if there would be any interest - suffering from a complete lack of time at the mo...the triple barely gets ridden let alone the benly too :(

Hmm, the triple needs a canter? ;)

BB

Jon_W
01-06-12, 01:43 PM

Didn't know you were selling it! Bet it's because you just don't ride it :D You need to get out more Dabz! ;D

So, a Serow with knobblies or a Gilera... :-/

BB

Go for the interesting option.... take the Gilera. What could possibly go wrong!

Jon_W
01-06-12, 01:48 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm borrowing a Velo on monday as I won't have the cub running by then.

BB
01-06-12, 07:07 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm borrowing a Velo on monday as I won't have the cub running by then.

Monday? The Lifeboat run is Sunday! ;)

BB

Dabz
01-06-12, 07:49 PM
The benly is now sold so that's one option gone I'm afraid!

BB
01-06-12, 08:04 PM
Looks like a Gilera then! Discovered the knobbly Serow's MOT expired 2 weeks ago - it's booked in for tomorrow.
We have a list on the wall with all the MOT's listed and we still forgot! :-[ ;D

BB

BB
02-06-12, 01:03 PM
Woohoo, Serow passed mot, Strada fixed & passed mot. Choice of three bikes now. 8-)

All we need is some dry weather for the Lifeboat tomorrow now ;D

BB

Jon_W
11-06-12, 08:09 AM

Monday? The Lifeboat run is Sunday! ;)

BB

Velocette owners club meet at Crofton. Was a great morning. Glad the Lifeboat run was dryer that last year... 8-)