PDA

View Full Version : A good bike book

Nikki
11-06-12, 04:48 PM
My RoSPA tutor very kindly let me borrow what I think is one of the best bike books I've read for a while. It's called 'Not the Blue Book' by Dave Jones. Well worth reading and not just for people doing advanced training either - it's a really good well written practical guide by a Police motorcyclist who has worked for Dorset Police for 30 years.

Ducatista
11-06-12, 05:20 PM
Looks like it's hard to get hold of.
I know NW Rospa have some copies that they sell to members for £6.50 (RRP £7.99).

coopmick
11-06-12, 06:10 PM
Glad you like it Nikki ;D

Nikki
11-06-12, 08:51 PM

Thank you - it really was very kind of you to let me borrow it. :)

I finished it by Sunday night...couldn't put it down, and I did recognise some of the places in the photos.

Just got to put it all into practice now :)

Mark_Able
11-06-12, 09:31 PM
My RoSPA tutor very kindly let me borrow what I think is one of the best bike books I've read for a while. It's called 'Not the Blue Book' by Dave Jones. Well worth reading and not just for people doing advanced training either - it's a really good well written practical guide by a Police motorcyclist who has worked for Dorset Police for 30 years.

Dave Jones used to pop into our training centre (CSM) in Poole from time to time, just to quiz our knowledge I think. If nothing else, he inspired me to know my subject inside out. He was always catching us out with questions and senarios.

coopmick
11-06-12, 09:47 PM

Thank you - it really was very kind of you to let me borrow it. :)

I finished it by Sunday night...couldn't put it down, and I did recognise some of the places in the photos.

Just got to put it all into practice now :)

Good luck with this weather >:(