PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got or had a Beowolf can?

Nikki
18-06-12, 06:00 PM
My husband is thinking of getting a Beowolf can for his ZX9R and just wondered if anyone on the forum here has one or has had one in the past and if so what you think of them?

Mitch9128
18-06-12, 06:55 PM
Had one on a Bandit, a tri oval job, ok i spose. Neither here nor there, bit like Fuel cans, they don't stand out in any way. I had a Pipewerx on my zx9r, http://www.pipewerx.com/pipewerx_bikes/ loud baffle out and burbles with it in, look good too. Whatever he get's anything other than round looks messy bolted to the collector because of the flange.

Nikki
18-06-12, 07:15 PM
Had one on a Bandit, a tri oval job, ok i spose. Neither here nor there, bit like Fuel cans, they don't stand out in any way. I had a Pipewerx on my zx9r, http://www.pipewerx.com/pipewerx_bikes/ loud baffle out and burbles with it in, look good too. Whatever he get's anything other than round looks messy bolted to the collector because of the flange.

Thanks very much. The Pipewerx certainly looks very nice, I'll think he'll be very interested in that.

davedaytona
18-06-12, 08:11 PM
I've had a Beowulf on the Daytona for a while and been pretty happy with it, looks good without being flashy imo.

Won't comment on sound or any minor performance gains as different bikes but I would say that their customer service was very good and the part seems well made.

Baffle is easy to remove / put back in and I also got a lifetime warranty (which admittedly I probably invalidated by removing the baffle!)

Nikki
18-06-12, 08:50 PM
I've had a Beowulf on the Daytona for a while and been pretty happy with it, looks good without being flashy imo.

Won't comment on sound or any minor performance gains as different bikes but I would say that their customer service was very good and the part seems well made.

Baffle is easy to remove / put back in and I also got a lifetime warranty (which admittedly I probably invalidated by removing the baffle!)

Thank you very much.

Wes
18-06-12, 08:53 PM
I had a beowulf can on my fazer and it was great :) nice with the baffle out, plenty of pops and the odd flame as well ;)

Mitch9128
19-06-12, 11:18 AM
Contacted Pipewerx about a GP3 can for the blade, as the Micron is a bit subtle, the response was

Yes we can do these but they would be very loud! We can do one at 300 mm long.

I'm getting one :D

Nikki
19-06-12, 02:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments - he's now ordered a Pipewerx :)

Mitch9128
19-06-12, 04:13 PM

Hope he got a free t-shirt as well? :)

Nikki
19-06-12, 04:33 PM

Hope he got a free t-shirt as well? :)

He didnt mention that, I think he should donate it to me as it was thanks to me (and the WB forum) he found a great can :)