PDA

View Full Version : BMW v Kwaka - Opinions pls

cerruti
18-06-12, 09:24 PM
The other half seemed quite content with his BMW k1300s until he came with me to the Kawasaki dealer recently...

He spent a lot of time at Pegasus sitting on the ZZR1400 and was clucking like a mother hen. ::)

Ever since that visit to the Kwaka dealer, he's been talking more and more about the ZZR...

Does anyone have any opinions on either of these bikes? Good or bad welcome.

Mitch9128
18-06-12, 09:33 PM
Fast Bikes have them up against each other in the latest mag, BMW 7/10, Kwak 10/10.

Ade
19-06-12, 12:44 AM
Gotta be the new ZZR1400 :)

Swanny
19-06-12, 12:58 AM
Both??? ;)

cerruti
19-06-12, 02:49 AM
Both??? ;)

Nooooooooooo, Im putting my foot down on this one - theres no more room in the garage, so its either the beamer or the kwaka but def not both.

BB
19-06-12, 07:30 AM
Bigger garage? :D :D

BB

DC
19-06-12, 09:48 AM
If you really love him youll get rid of one of yours to allow him to have both !!! ;D ;D ;D

Swanny
19-06-12, 10:06 AM
Yea DC is right.
It's only right that the man should have more bikes :P
;)

Snowy
19-06-12, 10:48 AM
They're both great bikes, more than enough power than you'll ever need, both go around corners reasonably well and will see off 300+ mile days as well as each other. Let the heart and soul make the decision but I would say the Beemer will have the edge on sophistication and dealer back up, the Kwacker though has more street appeal and higher power figures if thats important to you. I would also guess the Beemer would retain higher residuals as thats fairly common when comparing them to most Jap bikes but the Kwacker is cheaper to buy initially. All IMHO of course!

Nothing wrong with having more than one bike though........... ;D

oldfatboy
19-06-12, 10:55 AM
If you really love him youll get rid of one of yours to allow him to have both !!! ;D ;D ;D

Now you are talking sense to me! ;D

Maybe you could come around our house and explain it to her in person ;D

DC
19-06-12, 11:03 AM

Think I'll pass on that one,Good luck !!! ;D ::) ;D

oldfatboy
19-06-12, 11:03 AM
Her indoors didnt give the full picture with her inital question by the way....

I have had ZZRs in the past (long distant past) and always liked them. The beamer is an awesome machine and I like it lots

but.....

My head says stick with the BMW - like Snowy says.. dealer backup and sophistication second to none...

My heart says go the ZZR - always liked them in the past, but they dont have the same aura as a beamer... plus it would be in Kawasaki green (is that a good point or bad point.. lol ;D )

I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions, ultimately it is my decision, but you cant beat the wisdom of the crowd - most of the time anyway :)

I already have 2 bikes so 3 would really be living outside the envelope! I suppose I could always sell one of my pinball machines to make room in the garage... but 6 is such a nice number ;D

cerruti
19-06-12, 12:20 PM

Which bit of NO didn't you get? :P

Why do men automatically think that No means Yes? :D :D :D

DC
19-06-12, 01:37 PM
Its a mental block that we have when it comes to motorbikes !!! :D Could also be something to with the fact that we're all still 8 years old !!! ;D

Swanny
19-06-12, 01:48 PM
You two should be out riding all these bikes instead of talking about them ;D

Swanny
19-06-12, 01:51 PM
Personally I'd sell the lot and buy the new Triumph Tiger Explorer 8-)

RedSoul
19-06-12, 03:49 PM
BMW wins on build quality

Geordie Stu
19-06-12, 05:18 PM
KWAK, KWAK wins ;D

If you let him have another bike..... You could buy a New pair of shoes to go with all the other pairs of shoes you have....!!!

redken1
19-06-12, 05:30 PM
Kwak for me - Awesome. It's the "Daddy" (200bhp) and in green. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)

redken1
19-06-12, 05:32 PM
KWAK, KWAK wins ;D

If you let him have another bike..... You could buy a New pair of shoes to go with all the other pairs of shoes you have....!!!

Dodgy ground and a new leather handbag ;D ;D ;D

cerruti
19-06-12, 06:38 PM
KWAK, KWAK wins ;D

Wait... how do u guys know about my handbag and shoe fetish? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Ade
19-06-12, 07:05 PM
..... plus it would be in Kawasaki green (is that a good point or bad point.. lol ;D )

They do the new 2012 ZZR1400 in BLACK too .... looks great !! ;)

nick14
19-06-12, 08:03 PM
i have just traded my 09 zzr 14 in for the2012 zzr 14 I've done about 360 miles on it so far and imho it is amazing to ride if you think the earlier ones were quick this is in another league much smoother more low down grunt, and the finish is pretty good to 10/10 for me ;D

Senna(Dan)
20-06-12, 01:43 AM
I'd say get rid of the pinball machine, they surely can't give you as much entertainment as the bike and you could always both agree the 3 is the magic number and you need that many bikes each.
:D ;D :D

Geordie Stu
20-06-12, 05:47 AM
KWAK, KWAK wins ;D

Wait... how do u guys know about my handbag and shoe fetish? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

:D your a woman. It's built into your DNA ;D ;D

goz1960
20-06-12, 07:37 AM
What a great position to be in but I would go for the Kawasaki option.

Kevinb
20-06-12, 08:45 AM
Has to be the Kawasaki

oldfatboy
20-06-12, 06:06 PM
The kwaka has been ordered... from Robinsons Kawasaki in Rochdale!

They were £900 cheaper with the "cost to change" than any other dealer! A rediculous amount!!!!

Fingers crossed it should be delivered next week :) Let the running in begin ;D

YMFB
20-06-12, 09:28 PM
I really like my K1300S but the luggage is crap. If tourings your thing then ZZR would probably be the way to go as thy have great hard luggage.

Geordie Stu
20-06-12, 09:32 PM

They were £900 cheaper with the "cost to change" than any other dealer! A rediculous amount!!!!

What did you order? a Z1000 ? ::)

oldfatboy
20-06-12, 11:11 PM

What did you order? a Z1000 ? ::)

Afraid not ;D A ZZR1400

nick14
21-06-12, 11:12 AM
you will be well pleased with it, mines just going to have first service they are awesome machines have fun mate

cerruti
21-06-12, 12:49 PM
Afraid not ;D A ZZR1400

You just had to copy me didnt you! ;D

I buy a Harley, you buy a Harley
You buy a Beamer, youre on youre own there....
I buy a Kwaka, you buy a Kwaka....

See a pattern emerging? :D :D :D

oldfatboy
21-06-12, 02:41 PM
You just had to copy me didnt you! ;D

I buy a Harley, you buy a Harley
You buy a Beamer, youre on youre own there....
I buy a Kwaka, you buy a Kwaka....

See a pattern emerging? :D :D :D

I'm thinking you might need to stop taking those hallucinogenic love drugs petal... you memory seems to be corrupted..... ;D:D

Geordie Stu
21-06-12, 05:00 PM
fight, fight, fight. Now Now No domestics on the forum please :P