PDA

View Full Version : stuck on a garage? creative ideas???

Maz
23-06-12, 10:37 PM
Hi all

Before I get another bike next year I want to prepare if that makes sense.

I do t have a garage but live in a flat with allocated parking which is in a car park.

My main issue will be storing my bike as I dont want it to get rusty quickly.

Can you get some sort of device that folds up that can store a bike (not a rain cover as bike still gets wet). Or due you thibk its easier to pay £20 per week to store it in them self storage containers for when it snows as am getting a cruiser.

Sorry if this sound pritty dumb just dont have any garden I live on a main road not storage anywhere.

Maz xxx

SupeRDel
24-06-12, 09:26 AM
I don't think there is any cover, shed, fold over thingy that will keep that dampness away that forms when the weather conditions are right.

I have a nice water tight shed for the bikes I cannot get in the garage. It keeps things nice and dry 90% of the time but at certain times things get ever so slighly damp in there. You ultimately need it heated or have a dehumidifier in there.

My garage is attached to the house. I draft sealed the door and the warmth from the main house wall keeps the air nice and dry

Jon_W
25-06-12, 08:05 AM
Agreed with Del. No cover will totally protect your bike.

You can get proper steel sheds that hold bikes, but a garage is best.

Geordie Stu
25-06-12, 10:57 AM
Only option seems to be storage away from your house. Do you anyone local who has a garage or a shed to could rent?

Maz
25-06-12, 12:35 PM
No I dont.

However in Westbury there is a self storage company that only charge £5 per week! Over the winter period that will be perfect.

I was given the details by a mate...

Thanks all x

Kevinb
26-06-12, 01:26 PM
I've seen some self storeage and you would be better off leaving it in your parking space. Find someone with a garage over winter if you aren't going to ride it (or maybe at the weekends)
Sometimes it is better not to use a cover so damp parts can dry.

cornishbob
26-06-12, 07:43 PM
the self storage at southwick storage is pretty good.

i might be using them over this winter.

i'd check them out before writing it off