PDA

View Full Version : Visor bag

Flying Half-Dutchman
27-06-12, 06:19 PM
While mooching around the old GW's. I noticed some weird items called visor bags. Apparently to allow you to carry your visor around in. Could anyone please explain to me why you'd want to do this??? Mine lives happily on my crash helmet & I've never felt the need to carry a spare. So what's the point of a visor bag?

Mitch9128
27-06-12, 06:28 PM
Dark/clear, if you get caught out...obvs.

NiteW4tcher
27-06-12, 06:34 PM
as above .....i also once heard if you get pulled because of a illegal visor they cannot do you if you are carrying a legal one and swap it over

weather thats true or not i dunno

wiltshire builders
27-06-12, 06:35 PM
What? Is this some kind of joke?
What do you do if you need to ride at night? You wont be able to see through your 'so dark it's only for track day use' visor.

Mitch9128
27-06-12, 06:46 PM
The Babylon are now under orders to use discretion on dark visors Nitew4tcher, so if it's light it's fine, if it's nightime, and you have a dark visor only, it's 50 knees to chest.

Dan505
28-06-12, 12:38 PM
thought dark visors were illegal but a dark tint/film is legal ???

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 12:44 PM
thought dark visors were illegal but a dark tint/film is legal ???

Nope:-

What's the police stance?
This very much depends on the particular force and the officer dealing with the matter. Most will be sensible and will be aware of the guidelines given in the ACPO National Motorcycle Enforcement Strategy (2008).
These state that if tinted visors are used during daylight hours, then a police officer should only give the rider advice on their use. If used during the hours of darkness or in conditions of reduced visibility, an officer should check the tint of the visor using Tintman equipment where available. The guidelines recommend a pragmatic approach, and only in cases where there's an obvious danger should prosecution be considered.
So the general rules that the police follow are that visors should let through 50% of light transmission (dark and iridium visors don't), but if you're stopped during the day and you've less light transmission through your visor, you're likely to get advice from the officer. If you use a tinted visor when it's dark, you may face prosecution.
It's worth taking a sensible approach.

Dan505
28-06-12, 12:46 PM
i use a clear one so i'm not affected, i was merely quoting my instructor. :)

Nikki
28-06-12, 01:05 PM
The Babylon ....

Never heard that expression before :)

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 01:18 PM
The Babylon ....

Wiltshire innit :)

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 01:22 PM
i use a clear one so i'm not affected, i was merely quoting my instructor. :)

Instructors don't know everything :) It pays to carry a clear one, just in case you get pulled by a pillock, i've always got a pinlocked clear under my seat, for such eventualities.

redken1
28-06-12, 01:24 PM
Boney M wanna it? :D

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 01:29 PM
Babylon is an important Rastafari term, referring to human government and institutions that are seen as in rebellion against the rule of Jah (God), beginning with the Tower of Babel. It is further used by some to mean specifically the 'politricksters' who have been oppressing the black race for centuries through economic and physical slavery. In a more general sense, Babylon refers to any system that oppresses or discriminates against all peoples. Rastafari is defiance of Babylon, sometimes also called Rome — in part because of the 1935 Italian invasion of Ethiopia, then ruled by Rastafari's 'Living God,' Haile Selassie I, and partly because as the head of the Roman Catholic church (the Pope) is considered an opponent of Selassie I and Rastafari. Babylon the Great and Whore of Babylon are apocalyptic terms from the book of Revelation that may have been used to describe the pagan Roman Empire, which often persecuted Christianity. Babylon is also sometimes used by some Rastas with the more specific meaning of "police", insofar as they are seen as executive agents of Babylon's will. Most specifically however, "Babylon" is the corruption and perversion of the Word of God. The amalgamation of Pagan holidays and days of the week is but one example of "Mystery Babylon". Major Church feasts were adopted from pagan holidays, e.g. Christmas from Saturnalia. The perversion of truths is "Babylon". Anything that is a lie regarding the truth of Jah, is the actual root of what is considered "Babylon" by Rastafarians.

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 01:32 PM
I'm not a Rasta BTW, my views on ANY religion are well documented on here :-*

Nelly
28-06-12, 01:42 PM
Oddly enough, on my way to work yesterday morning, i passed an officer coming the other way on his shiny liveried BMW. As we approached each other we courteously nodded at each other in a biker stylee. Well, i think he was an officer anyway. I couldn't see him through his dark visor

;)

DC
28-06-12, 02:54 PM
The Babylon ....

BLOODFIRE !!! 8-) or BLUUDFIAH !!!

Dan505
28-06-12, 03:09 PM
The Babylon ....

off topic :D my favourite, 'BEER CAN' how a rasta says Bacon ;D go on, you know you wanna try it.

wiltshire builders
28-06-12, 03:24 PM
The Babylon ....

west indian actually

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 03:30 PM
The Babylon ....

west indian actually

I was referring to the fact she hadn't heard of it before, Wiltshire/sheltered life/Daily Mail etc etc :-*

redken1
28-06-12, 03:39 PM
Does evryone in Wiltshire read the Daily Mail? Ahhhh! that explains alot. :D ;) ;D

Nikki
28-06-12, 03:43 PM
The Babylon ....

west indian actually

I was referring to the fact she hadn't heard of it before, Wiltshire/sheltered life/Daily Mail etc etc :-*

''She'' :(

Cheeky bugger ;D ;D

BTW I dont read the Daily Mail ;)...sheltered life...well maybe ;D

Nikki
28-06-12, 03:44 PM
The Babylon ....

off topic :D my favourite, 'BEER CAN' how a rasta says Bacon ;D go on, you know you wanna try it.

Yes I have ;D ;D ;D

Nikki
28-06-12, 03:53 PM
The Babylon ....

west indian actually

English African Creole I believe ;) :)

Mitch9128
28-06-12, 03:59 PM
The Babylon ....

west indian actually

English African Creole I believe ;) :)

Nope, Jamaican. Rastafari was formed in Jamaica, Babylon is Rastafari in origin.

Flying Half-Dutchman
29-06-12, 12:44 PM
Just to say I don't have to change from my "day" visor, because I use a clear one all the time.

Swanny
29-06-12, 02:04 PM
I have the pop down dark visor inside so no problems at all :P :)

Fancy a Shoei helmet but the thing that puts me off is the lack of the pop down inside visor

Dan505
29-06-12, 03:07 PM
I have the pop down dark visor inside so no problems at all :P :)

Fancy a Shoei helmet but the thing that puts me off is the lack of the pop down inside visor
Sun glasses???

Swanny
29-06-12, 03:10 PM
Yea that's one option but isn't it supposed to be really naff to wear sunnys when wearing a helmet?? ;D 8-)

Dan505
29-06-12, 03:11 PM
not as naff as squinting and the car in front 'disappearing' like i had yesterday!

wiltshire builders
29-06-12, 04:49 PM
Just to say I don't have to change from my "day" visor, because I use a clear one all the time.
GAY! ;D

Nikki
29-06-12, 05:00 PM
GAY! ;D

Me too then ;) ;D ;D ;D

or are they for gays and girlies ;)

Mitch9128
29-06-12, 09:01 PM
Gay girls...now we're talking :)

Nikki
29-06-12, 09:12 PM
Gay girls...now we're talking :)

Perv ;D ;D ;D