PDA

View Full Version : Which gloves?

cerruti
04-07-12, 01:02 PM
In this very changeable weather, what gloves are you wearing?

At the moment I have a pair of Furygan Raindrop Lady Evo gloves which are mean't to be waterproof (but Im finding they aren't :'() and a pair of leather touring gloves.

The leather gloves are great in the dry weather but with this lovely summer we are having I am wearing the Furygan's nearly all the time - apart from the fact they don't seem to be waterproof (they are meant to be), they are quite hot, and I don't like sweaty palms :o

Can anyone recommend a waterproof but not too hot glove for this lovely ( ::))summer we are having? TIA :)

Snowy
04-07-12, 02:49 PM
In this very changeable weather, what gloves are you wearing?

At the moment I have a pair of Furygan Raindrop Lady Evo gloves which are mean't to be waterproof (but Im finding they aren't :'() and a pair of leather touring gloves.

The leather gloves are great in the dry weather but with this lovely summer we are having I am wearing the Furygan's nearly all the time - apart from the fact they don't seem to be waterproof (they are meant to be), they are quite hot, and I don't like sweaty palms :o

Can anyone recommend a waterproof but not too hot glove for this lovely ( ::))summer we are having? TIA :)

I have a pair of Alpinestars 365 Goretex gloves which have been great and 100% waterproof. They can get a bit warm inside on hot days but there's little need to worry about that these days. They're about £160 if I recall. Otherwise I actually use my Powerlet heated gloves (unheated of course) as they are 100% waterproof, lighter than the Alpinestars and have an inbuilt wipe on one of the LH fingers to wipe rain away from the visor.

Dan505
04-07-12, 03:15 PM
i have a pair of frank thomas leather Fury Sport summer gloves that are not marketed as WP but my hands haven't got wet in them yet:)

Nelly
04-07-12, 03:17 PM
I have about 6 pairs that i keep on the shelf at home. I tend to mix it up a bit. Having said that, i just bought some Weiss waterproof overgloves just cos of this bloody rain!
£12 off ebay
Bargain!
8-)

Jacde
04-07-12, 04:04 PM
Gloves are a bit of a personal choice, especially for the smaller biker ::)

I started off buying a pair of Frank Thomas Aquapore Ladies (small) gloves, still a bit on the big side for me, but are waterproof and apart from REALLY cold weather kept my mitts warm-ish. They are a bit on the bulky side so fine when I was just being a pillion but when I first started riding found them too bulky. I get on with them now my confidence has grown.
When I started riding I bought a pair of Alpinestars Stella Tyla (small) gloves, the best fitting gloves, shower proof summer gloves, but they lack hard protection and do wonder how they would stand up to going down the road hands out trying to stop as seams are even doubled stitched!! :-/ don't think these were aimed at lady riders!!
Next purchase were Frank Thomas Ladies (xsmall) gloves, no idea what model that are, no fancy name on label. These fit well, have some hard protection and some double stitched seams. I would say they were shower proof and are a summer glove, hands would freeze in cold weather :(
This year I invested in a pair of Klan waterproof heated gloves (xsmall) fit is good but heat element can be a bit uncomfortable on a couple of my knuckles, they are a bit of a faff to thread cable through clothing, but hands were toasty warm and dry and they are wearable in warmer weather.

Senna(Dan)
04-07-12, 04:20 PM
I have got two sets of Frank Thomas XTI2s as with Dans they aren't marked as waterproof.
I use a bit of nikwax waterproofer 2 a month on them and they haven't leaked once yet, touch wood!
They were £30 a pair from GWs at the bike show last year, but think they are about £60 normally.
Caz has got some Frank Thomas waterproof ones, again from GWs and they were £35 and have held up well so far.

Swanny
04-07-12, 05:42 PM
I borrowed a pair of summer gloves from my mate last year when I bought the Zephyr and as they are the only ones I have I've been using them ever since. When it rains my hands get wet, when it's cold I put glove liners in 8-)

One day I'll buy another pair :)

bobf279
04-07-12, 07:55 PM
marigold's keep your hands dry

redken1
04-07-12, 08:12 PM
And you will be seen :D :P ;D

cerruti
04-07-12, 08:36 PM

Marigolds?

Only 2 types of people wear marigolds, and I dont see any horns..... ;D

Rabb
04-07-12, 08:39 PM
And Marigilds are dual purpose too!

Seriously though I have a pair of Buffalo leather summer gloves and a pair of Richa Arctic winter gloves - both are great; with no problems whatsoever.

Rabb
04-07-12, 08:40 PM

Marigolds?

Only 2 types of people wear marigolds, and I dont see any horns..... ;D

Great film that quote is from!!

cerruti
04-07-12, 09:07 PM
Great film that quote is from!!

I love that film! :-* :-* :-*

Rabb
04-07-12, 09:19 PM
I love that film! :-* :-* :-*

I love that film too - if I remember rightly the quote is
"Only two things come from Oklahoma boy 'steers' and 'queers' - and I can't see no horns boy!"
Great film!

cerruti
04-07-12, 09:28 PM
I love that film too - if I remember rightly the quote is
"Only two things come from Oklahoma boy 'steers' and 'queers' - and I can't see no horns boy!"
Great film!

Thats it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Loops
04-07-12, 10:55 PM
I have a pair of black and white Frank Thomas Lady Rider gloves - £20 from a George Whites bargain bin last year.

For cold winter riding I have another pair of (I think) Frank Thomas mens gloves.

Both are waterproof but still get rather sodden in heavy rain....but as long as the rest of me is dry I cope with wet hands as I normally have cold hands all the time anyway ;D

8_ball
05-07-12, 12:52 AM
ones that fit ::)

Jon_W
05-07-12, 01:13 PM
Spada gloves. Cheap, hard wearing and fit well.

DC
05-07-12, 01:50 PM
Best gloves Ive ever had were made by a company called Bikers they were the Koln goretex full length winter glove bought two pairs about 4 years ago unfortunately you cant get them anymore !!! :(

Swanny
28-05-13, 07:28 PM
I'm on the lookout for some good gore-tex gloves
Had a look in Phoenix today but they didn't have any. He did recommend some Richa WP racing leather gloves http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/33316
They did fit like a glove and were very comfy but I'm worried about how waterproof they are.
I know with Gore-tex you get a 5 year guarantee but you have to pay more unless you're very lucky and get a pair like DC's above from a bargain bucket for £10 ;)

Conehead
28-05-13, 08:40 PM
I have RICHA SUMMIT. Lovely gloves but in anything more than a light storm you have to wear the gloves you get from Shell when filling up. I have a stash in my trouser pocket just in case. The lable does say waterproof and I have complained about this but no one replies to the complaint.

Swanny
29-05-13, 09:29 AM
Cheers Coney I think I'll hang on and find a good pair of goretex

Conehead
29-05-13, 04:26 PM
Wise decision but if you change your mind and want the shell ones let me know. :cool:

Swanny
29-05-13, 05:59 PM
Okey dokey :D