PDA

View Full Version : Tyre choices.....

Rabb
03-07-12, 08:42 PM
Who rides or rates which tyre.
Please vote and give indication of all performance criteria

Nooj
03-07-12, 08:51 PM
Storm2 on the Falco and on Debz' Fazer here. Debz got 20,000 miles out of a rear while commuting from Newbury to central London four days a week :o
It was squared off a bit, but still usable and not down to the wear indicators. Great in the wet she says.

Not tried them properly in the wet myself, but they've been fine in damp conditions and I did managed to grind the Falco's side stand on a Chippenham roundabout in the dry ::)

Goldie
03-07-12, 09:40 PM
I've got Conti Motions on my Hornet, fabulous tyre imho. Thanks to Anarchy Motorcycles, I got a set for just over £120 :o

bobf279
03-07-12, 10:40 PM
Avon Storm 2 ultras for me

Stewboy
03-07-12, 11:00 PM
Was on Bridgestone 016's, now trying out Michelin Pilots, early days as I'v just had them fitted & still need to scrub them in.

Geordie Stu
03-07-12, 11:43 PM
Had Battlax on a GSXR good boots. Now on Dunlop sport max better :)

newnut
04-07-12, 10:08 AM
had the avon storm 2s on my blade, (not ultra are they?) great all rounder. knee down action with no slipage and great wheelies evan in the wet so grip is excellent! BRIDGSTONES ... I dont really like them, felt them slip A LOT in the damp. Im now running the avon ultra 3d's which is the last dual compound tire they do before a track only orientated tire. So far I'm sold on them, highly recommended if you want a great nutters tire with a few motorway journeys in it. not sure on what they are like in the wet yet tho, I dont ride in the wet if I can help it, i could do tho if anyone wants a report before they buy some.

Dan505
04-07-12, 10:11 AM
not on your poll but i ride on Pirelli sport demons and the grip in the dry/wet is phenomenal

Ade
04-07-12, 12:45 PM
Dunlop Roadsmart II's. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
04-07-12, 12:49 PM
Bridgestone every time.

Rabb
04-07-12, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone.
I ride loads of commuter miles and have therefore decided to go for the 023's
It's horses for courses with tyres and I think these best suit my needs.
This will be a harder tyre than I am currently on - so should last longer and be good in the wet too.
As it's a 3 compound it should suit my needs - I will revert with results...

Snowy
04-07-12, 02:58 PM
Dunlop Roadsmarts - you will never need more grip, wet or dry on public roads. I have had four sets on two completely different bikes. Just trying out PR3's (Trail version) on the Adventure so will report back on those later.

Rabb
04-07-12, 08:45 PM
New shoes are on now - I'll keep a track on the mileage and revert.

Rabb
04-07-12, 08:51 PM
I managed to get 7000 miles out of my Michelin 2CT - which I gather is really good.
I would have possibly got another fifteen hundred extra miles out of them if I had noticed a slow puncture on them before I squared the tyre off - DOH

Mark_Able
04-07-12, 09:44 PM
I had 7000 miles out of the rear on my FZ1 before it punctured with loads of tread left. Probably would have made 10-12000 miles if it weren't for that bloody screw. Mine are test tyres from Avon, Storm Ultra II's. Loads of feel when leant over, and plenty of grip. However, after about 5000 miles, the harder centre compound didn't perform so well in the wet.

Rabb
04-07-12, 09:53 PM
It must be something about 7000 miles Mark - (it's too close to the dark side) screws, nails and kerbstones (delete as appropriate) are attracted to 7000 milers'.
Gutting isn't it - however, I can thoroughy recommend puncture safe as a product!
(As long as you warn your tyre fitter of it's presence - as I had to Today)

newnut
08-07-12, 01:57 PM
I think it completely depends on how your gonna use your bike and your individual ability.

Rabb
08-07-12, 11:05 PM
I think it completely depends on how your gonna use your bike and your individual ability.

Yeah - completely agree.
I went for the as they are going to be used mainly for high speed commuting on fast 'A Roads - hence my 3 compound choice.