PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Cameras

camera.op76
03-07-12, 04:37 PM
I am toying with the idea of using a reverse camera on the back end of the bike, so I can see whats directly behind me. Anyone here tried it?

Nikki
03-07-12, 04:53 PM
I am toying with the idea of using a reverse camera on the back end of the bike, so I can see whats directly behind me. Anyone here tried it?

Nope never tried it and never even thought of it but I see its been done having taken a look on YouTube.

I wonder if it would be a bit too distracting??

If you're struggling to see much out of your mirrors I can highly recommend these - http://www.motorcycle-road-and-race.co.uk/catalog/mirror-extensions-c-820_226.html
I got some for my Suzuki GSXR and the difference it makes is astounding - I can actually see what's behind me now.

DC
03-07-12, 05:15 PM

Have you checked these out ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFla-d1lKA

Swanny
03-07-12, 06:08 PM
Nelly has one of those

DC
03-07-12, 07:17 PM
Nelly has one of those

I tried it a while ago, could be a reasonable alternative to the camera.

Nelly
03-07-12, 07:19 PM
Yeah i have one, dont tend to use the mirror too much, only when i'm really not sure about what's behind. Fantastic lid though. 8-)

Nooj
03-07-12, 08:45 PM
And if you're wondering who your local Reevu retailer is... it's me :-)

I have a chum who does have a rear-view camera on his bike. I've not seen it working though, so can't say how effective it is.

Col
03-07-12, 11:57 PM
I gotta enough to worry about where I'm going with the comedians about rather than looking where I've been :P ...fairly pointless imo like that reevu helmet and could !!??? possibly distract attention leading to possible grief

do what ya like tho mate

actually if you could zoom in on some hottie you've just passed maybe they are ok for that :D

camera.op76
04-07-12, 09:10 AM
thanks for the input everyone, the mirror extenders are defo a thought... It didnt cross my mind. Although I was hoping to do away with the Mirrors on my RSV. The Mirrored lid is not a bad shout either.

I was thinking of putting the monitor next to my speedo cluster, like I have done with my Sat Nav... its not a blue tooth one, so I have to have a quick butchers - mainly at roundabouts and junctions. Just so I know roughly where I'm going, very handy for riding around town (london).

And the hotties - I have my own personal camera for that! My eyes and memory are pretty useful :)

Nooj
10-07-12, 11:01 AM
fairly pointless imo like that reevu helmet and could !!??? possibly distract attention leading to possible grief

So... you're saying you DON'T need to see what's going on behind you on a bike? That too much information about your surroundings is a bad thing?

Do you get dangerously distracted by rear view mirrors in cars as well? How many crashes have you had caused by such an event?

Hilarious! ;D

Although I was hoping to do away with the Mirrors on my RSV

My mate with the camera on his bike has it on an RSV, Yagman on the Club Aprilia forum, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you what's involved and how well it works.