PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle withdraw symptoms

thepetrolhead91
14-07-12, 02:21 PM
It has been two weeks since I last went for a good ol blast on the bike but because of this hellish weather, I refuse to go for a ride. However, wise men say (the weather man) tomorrow is meant to be a hot sunny day!! I know, couldn't believe it either haha. So hoping to get out on the old girl. Wet weather riding is not much fun especially when it come to the cleaning part :P. Ride safe all!

Swanny
14-07-12, 03:11 PM
Get your wet gear on and get out there 8-)

voodoo
14-07-12, 03:12 PM
http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp177/scrappinkym/Smiley%20Emoticons/agree.gif i've given up waiting for good weather :D

Geordie Stu
14-07-12, 03:45 PM
Had a good ride up to Fowlers today, got a bit damp, so bought a waterproof jacket & the rain stopped & dried up... ::)

470four
14-07-12, 03:55 PM
Perhaps I could actually be RIDING said motorcycle instead of making sad visits to the garage to stare out at the rain, before heading inside to:

stroke the saddle

fidget with my new anodised tat

attempt a bench tidy

polish a random bike part that may have got - Heaven forbid - dusty

forget what I actually went in there for, but emerge with something new that needs fixing, accidently increasing your workload

consider the pro's & con's of starting it up for a little bit (maybe a few minutes, just to HEAR it... UUMMMMMMM.....)

look out the garage back door to see if it is raining out the back of the house as well

return to the laptop, a little pissed off and dejected that you waited all fkn year for the Summer so you could get out on some dry sticky roads and HAVE IT - only to find we are now having some sort of monsoon rain-forest conditions causing you to wonder quite why you bothered taxing, mot'ing & insuring the thing in the first place??

Bag of Arse!!

I try to justify it by thinking - if I dont ride it - I can't crash it!

Last Train
14-07-12, 04:19 PM
Perhaps I could actually be RIDING said motorcycle instead of making sad visits to the garage to stare out at the rain, before heading inside to:

stroke the saddle

attempt a bench tidy

forget what I actually went in there for, but emerge with something new that needs fixing, accidently increasing your workload

consider the pro's & con's of starting it up for a little bit (maybe a few minutes, just to HEAR it... UUMMMMMMM.....)

look out the garage back door to see if it is raining out the back of the house as well

return to the laptop, a little pissed off and dejected that you waited all fkn year for the Summer so you could get out on some dry sticky roads and HAVE IT - only to find we are now having some sort of monsoon rain-forest conditions causing you to wonder quite why you bothered taxing, mot'ing & insuring the thing in the first place??

Bag of Arse!!

;D ;D

Red Zed 1
14-07-12, 04:41 PM
this is england..if you wait for a dry sunny day before venturing out,you'll never get a decent ride out..sometimes you just got to put the wet gear on and go for it..
its only 15 miles but my ride to work and back everyday(calne-marlborough)is a great ride with fast road and plenty curves,even better now its been repaired in places and is still great even in the wet..rain or shine i get a buzz every day,and if the bike is well treated it dont take 10 mins to blast off with a pressure washer :) :)

newnut
14-07-12, 04:51 PM

stroke the saddle

attempt a bench tidy

Bag of Arse!!

im not the only one then lol.

SupeRDel
14-07-12, 05:27 PM
it dont take 10 mins to blast off with a pressure washer :) :)

Just find yerself a big puddle - works for me

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/017-1.jpg

Actually to be honest. I did 335 miles on the ACU national road rally 2 weeks ago and knew it would be wet so I covered the bike in ACF50 before the run. Then I left it on and did the aircooled RD rally where it was also wet.

I might clean it before the calne show.. :-?

BB
14-07-12, 07:03 PM
Should have been on the Chicken Run, No rain, just the odd puddle ;D ;D

BB

Dan505
14-07-12, 09:19 PM
Meh rain is only water, its only snow that'll stop me riding.
Get out on, have fun, dry once home rinse and repeat :)

voodoo
14-07-12, 09:46 PM
Meh rain is only water, its only snow that'll stop me riding.
Get out on, have fun, dry once home rinse and repeat :)
couldn't have put it better myself [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rabb
15-07-12, 08:01 PM
Whats up with you man - you're British (We can deal with anything)
Get out there and ride - If you couldnt ride because the bike was off the road - you'd be gutted even if it was raining. The weather gets me down sometimes as well as I have to do a 70 mile commute just get to work. I still enjoy it even if it is raining. I learn something new on every ride!
Get that rainsuit on and ride...........

Dan505
15-07-12, 09:26 PM
Out and about today! Thank you sun :)

goz1960
15-07-12, 10:40 PM
Went out today for about 5 hours great to get out in dry weather. :) :)

Dan505
15-07-12, 10:42 PM
nice long stretch then G :)

goz1960
15-07-12, 10:51 PM
Yep had to be done first ride out on the new bike LOVED it, not what I am used to but a real mile muncher. ;D ;D ;D

Dan505
15-07-12, 11:03 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] cool, you still on for Minehead rideout?

Jon_W
16-07-12, 07:54 AM
Man up, get yer waterproofs on and RIDE!!!!!!!! 8-)