PDA

View Full Version : The day the sun came back

thepetrolhead91
16-07-12, 06:36 PM
Funny, I posted not to long ago about hating the weather and not riding in the rain. Well I expect many of you were out on the roads yesterday (Sunday) and my god, the sun came out of hiding finally. Had a fantastic ride, no wait, I went out twice after a pub lunch haha. This meant I could zoom about on a big shiny posey Honda wearing Aviators without being wet and worrying about all the standing water :P Not gonna lie, hate wet riding, it aint fun but man/woman what a joyous day Sunday was. Hope everyone else had a great one too!!!

Wes
16-07-12, 07:04 PM
Didnt manage a ride, but took the family down to Paignton for a day on the beach :)

redken1
16-07-12, 07:28 PM
I went for a bimble through the Cotswolds yesterday. It stayed dry and I discovered some roads I've never used before. Some cracking twisties and not much traffic about. As they say, "Make hay when the sun shines"

Tetbury is a quaint little town. 8-)

thepetrolhead91
16-07-12, 07:28 PM
Pretty sweet Wes, but you could have taken the bike to the beach. Twice as nice haha

Wes
16-07-12, 08:47 PM
Pretty sweet Wes, but you could have taken the bike to the beach. Twice as nice haha
Did that last time, and even on the family holiday 8-)

Swanny
16-07-12, 09:31 PM
Funny, I posted not to long ago about hating the weather and not riding in the rain. Well I expect many of you were out on the roads yesterday (Sunday) and my god, the sun came out of hiding finally. Had a fantastic ride, no wait, I went out twice after a pub lunch haha. This meant I could zoom about on a big shiny posey Honda wearing Aviators without being wet and worrying about all the standing water :P Not gonna lie, hate wet riding, it aint fun but man/woman what a joyous day Sunday was. Hope everyone else had a great one too!!!
Same time next year then?? 8-)

Jon_W
17-07-12, 07:55 AM
rode to work..... got wet!

rode home....... got wet!

Same rain, different day!!

Geordie Stu
17-07-12, 08:00 AM
Weekend I was out Saturday got wet. Bought a waterproof jacket not had the chance to use properly yet ::)

Dan505
17-07-12, 10:05 AM
sunny swindon today! nice and dry here :)

Mitch9128
17-07-12, 10:36 AM
The Jet stream will move north early next week, bringing up some high pressure, and settled and warm conditions...you heard it here first.

Geordie Stu
17-07-12, 10:39 AM
The Jet stream will move north early next week, bringing up some high pressure, and settled and warm conditions...you heard it here first.

I heard it 1st on Radio 2. Read it here 1st ;)

Mitch9128
17-07-12, 11:17 AM
Off to the sarf of France week after, it's been circa 25 all this time there, now moving up to 30+, joy of joys.

Nelly
17-07-12, 05:39 PM
Just home from work. Today was the first time in about 2 months that i got to work and back without being rained on. Summer at last ? 8-)

Dan505
17-07-12, 05:46 PM
Yep, two days of it before winter starts

Wes
17-07-12, 06:03 PM
:)

Beamer
17-07-12, 06:34 PM
:)

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and dont forget these -----> 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Bonnielass
17-07-12, 06:38 PM
Just in time for my new bike!! 8-) Don't want to get it dirty as soon as I've got it! ::)

redken1
17-07-12, 06:55 PM
Just in time for my new bike!! 8-) Don't want to get it dirty as soon as I've got it! ::)

What you getting Rosie? :-*

Bonnielass
18-07-12, 08:08 AM
Newer version of what I have, different colour!! :)

Last Train
18-07-12, 08:10 AM
Newer version of what I have, different colour!! :)

8-) 8-)

470four
18-07-12, 09:54 PM
Riding in the wet is not "enjoyable", it is borderline uncomfortable at best!

To replicate riding a motorcycle in the wet - go for a car drive in the rain.

Wear at least 4 layers of clothes, waterproofs on top so if the wet doesnt make you stink like a dead Alsatian, the humidity will.

Take a headlight bulb out so you can see fk all in the dark.

Take your car door off so every passing lorry soaks you sideways.

Stick your head about an inch from the windscreen, leaving your wipers off.

Leave your heater/blower off so your windscreen fogs badly if you so much as exhale SLIGHTLY.

Stick your head out of the window occasionally until your face is soaked, blinded by the 60mph raindrops.

Wear a pair of damp gloves, trickling water down your neck from time to time?

Snowy
18-07-12, 11:36 PM

Wear at least 4 layers of clothes, waterproofs on top so if the wet doesnt make you stink like a dead Alsatian, the humidity will.

Leave your heater/blower off so your windscreen fogs badly if you so much as exhale SLIGHTLY.

Stick your head out of the window occasionally until your face is soaked, blinded by the 60mph raindrops.

Unless you have the right bike with the right gear :D

Rabb
18-07-12, 11:49 PM
'Sunnies at the ready guys & gals'
I think it's brightening up?!
Watch this space!

470four
19-07-12, 05:13 AM

I do indeed! It's a Renault. :)

Jon_W
19-07-12, 07:40 AM
Don't mind riding in the rain..... but a bit of sunshine is long overdue.... 8-)

Snowy
19-07-12, 07:46 AM

I do indeed! It's a Renault. :)

Not a Deux Chevaux then....

Swanny
19-07-12, 08:51 AM
Invest in a pinlock visor, they never fog up ever

BB
19-07-12, 08:12 PM
Invest in a pinlock visor, they never fog up ever

No? :-?

BB

Swanny
19-07-12, 09:38 PM
Nope they don't :)

Geordie Stu
20-07-12, 10:22 AM
Looks like the Sun is back for the weekend & beyond.... 8-)

Not getting my hopes up too much for Bude weekend :)