PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP with electrics Yamaha Dragstar 650

flyingosca
22-07-12, 10:02 AM
Morning all, its been a while since I posted - lots of water under the bridge and all that.. divorce and loads going on.
I have got myself a new (2005) Yamaha Dragstar 650 trike. Built professionally from new. I love it and have clocked up quite a few miles since getting it a month or so ago. Yesterday I noticed one of the small position lights on the rear mud guard was out. I checked it and found nothing wrong with the bulb although the housing & contacts were quite dirty so I cleaned them up and put everything back.
NOW don't have any position lights or indicators working. I have checked the fuses - all ok. What else can it be????? I can't get out to ride my baby in this gorgeous weather with no lights..... BUGGER!

NO probs .... all sorted... Found another fuse hiding under the seat

NiteW4tcher
22-07-12, 10:09 AM
wild guess but corrosion somewhere can you trace the connections back to the loom?

taliesin
22-07-12, 12:28 PM
make sure you got a good earth on the lights

470four
22-07-12, 01:55 PM
make sure you got a good earth on the lights

+1

Run a jump lead from the light block back to the battery neg. or a good earth point on the frame?

If they suddenly start working its possible your custom trike has some custom wiring. ;)

Jon_W
23-07-12, 08:07 AM
As above sounds like a bad earth. The bulbs can act as earths so a bad earth is the most likely option.