PDA

View Full Version : Speed awarness course

thepetrolhead91
20-07-12, 09:17 PM
Yes sadly after my unfortunate run in with the law (hands up, I was wrong), my course is booked for the 16th of August and being a jammy git, got off without 3 point woohoo!! Funny, since I found out about it, my riding is much more conservative although cant help but blast the odd toss pot in an old Corsa haha. HONDA POWER!!!

redken1
20-07-12, 09:46 PM
Yes sadly after my unfortunate run in with the law (hands up, I was wrong), my course is booked for the 16th of August and being a jammy git, got off without 3 point woohoo!! Funny, since I found out about it, my riding is much more conservative although cant help but blast the odd toss pot in an old Corsa haha. HONDA POWER!!!

Best not mention the corsas on the "Speed awareness course"
Tom ;) ;D

voodoo
20-07-12, 10:50 PM
or indeed start chanting honda power :D

thepetrolhead91
21-07-12, 09:02 AM
Cheers for the tips guys, I shall try my best not to become a dictator in the course :P

camera.op76
21-07-12, 09:47 AM
another way of the Police Inc profiteering. :-/

Swanny
21-07-12, 10:22 AM
Exactly

wiltshire builders
21-07-12, 11:12 AM
Exactly
Yeah but at least they're not killing innocent people in the street, infront of thousands of witnesses and the world's media and getting away with it........oh. :-/

camera.op76
21-07-12, 02:01 PM
oh indeed :/ the conciousness shift is coming! :)

Col
21-07-12, 02:04 PM

Some twaddle we pay for no doubt ::)

There was a liccle plod piddle arsing about in Box yesterday evening with a speed gun---caught some poor sod going what I thought was sensibly the other way and by waving his liccle arms about at his victim from opposite pavement--he was small ;D-- caused the car I was following to virtually stop dead---I was not 'appy >:(

Serving commooniteeee---yeah whatever go an eat a donut or collect some illegal firearms

Hey Tom G. what outrageous speed were ya doin---go on tell us-- then you can go on the 'Speed Wall' a la Top Gear

Wes was doin somat like 38 !!! :o--monstrous disregard for public safety !!! ;D

Think Bike Think throttle :D

Wes
21-07-12, 04:56 PM
A little on the slow side, but it was over by dinner, so after i went for a blast in the sunshine :) And it was 39 to be exact ;D

camera.op76
21-07-12, 06:44 PM
Just be pleased in the knowledge that your money is going to a good cause. By enslaving the masses and keeping United Kingdom PLC in business :)

newnut
22-07-12, 10:29 AM
holy crap! 39!!!! I bet you got a right stern talking to about the dangers of excesive speed! and to boot you have to watch a load of videos Where CARS are speeding and cause fatalities! I bet that copper sped all the way home to tell his wife how many of you he caught that day!

thepetrolhead91
22-07-12, 05:01 PM
Hey there Col, I was doing the totally outrageous speed of a whopping 37, yes 37 mph in Chepstow. To be honest on my rocket ship it felt like 2 million mph :P Im lucky I got away without points :)

Wes
22-07-12, 06:18 PM
37? sheer lunacy ;D

Col
23-07-12, 07:31 AM
:o 37!!!! Sir 37!!!! shocking indeed---I would suggest you exhibit some restraint in future Sir :P

Speed awareness course ;D ;D 37 ;D ;D....you couldn't make it up if you were utterly barking :-?

In your defence it was Chepstow --a place that has nothing to commend it and can understand your desire to vacate the dump although in your case Tom not awfully quickly :P ....

Think Bike !! Think Throttle !!

Whoops Sorry Wes--yeah 39 ...It's not big and it's not clever---you have behaved very norty. Hopefully you have learned your lesson and you is now aware of speed :D

Ducatista
23-07-12, 07:54 AM
Whatever you believe Tom, I would suggest that the day will pass less eventfully if you act a little more contrite on the course ;)

newnut
23-07-12, 02:51 PM
One for enjoying a good banter, I would sit there saying "wow, good job I wasn't going THAT fast" and "ooh I'd never go THAT fast" every time they give an example of a 40 mph accident and above! I'd try and be so anti speeding just to get on their nerves, putting my self down for being so negligent for not calabirating my speedo that morning as unfortunatly thats what I was using as an acurate judge of my speed which aparently was out by 8mph!!!!

thepetrolhead91
23-07-12, 06:07 PM
Oh man that made me chuckle, to be honest, no idea why i was in Chepstow but when I saw the plague of Welsh men, I made a sharp exit but not without a war wound :P Well guess the course will be a laugh hearing what speeds the other people on it have done. I will look a right wimp if my speed was the loest lol

:o 37!!!! Sir 37!!!! shocking indeed---I would suggest you exhibit some restraint in future Sir :P

Speed awareness course ;D ;D 37 ;D ;D....you couldn't make it up if you were utterly barking :-?

In your defence it was Chepstow --a place that has nothing to commend it and can understand your desire to vacate the dump although in your case Tom not awfully quickly :P ....

Think Bike !! Think Throttle !!

Whoops Sorry Wes--yeah 39 ...It's not big and it's not clever---you have behaved very norty. Hopefully you have learned your lesson and you is now aware of speed :D

camera.op76
23-07-12, 08:00 PM
dont tell them your a biker - they will burn you at the stake!

redken1
23-07-12, 08:04 PM
dont tell them your a biker - they will burn you at the stake!

Could be worse - could be a bald biker :'( :'( :'(

Morticia
24-07-12, 12:23 AM

Biggest waste of time I've ever been too. And the instructors are so patronising it's unbelievable... >:( On the plus side it does put you off speeding, just so you don't have to see those two again ;D