PDA

View Full Version : Scooters on motorways???

Nokesy
05-08-12, 10:36 AM
I didn't think scooters were allowed on motorways? There was one on the M4 the other day and he was even breaking the speed limit!!! A steady 85 mph!! ;D

Nelly
05-08-12, 10:46 AM
Over 125cc with no L-plates?
See many Vespas and Lambrettas on the M-ways heading for the coast.

Geordie Stu
05-08-12, 04:51 PM
Yip has been known. Not all scooters are 50cc sewing machines.

BB
05-08-12, 10:49 PM
Yep, seen plenty on there :)

BB

Senna(Dan)
05-08-12, 11:07 PM
I see several about, they even promoting a 650cc scooter a few years ago at the NEC.
Looks weird as hell though when they are alongside you. ;D

Kevinb
06-08-12, 09:41 AM
I didn't think scooters were allowed on motorways? There was one on the M4 the other day and he was even breaking the speed limit!!! A steady 85 mph!! ;D

That's faster than a Harley ;D

Geordie Stu
06-08-12, 09:43 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D

Major Confusion
06-08-12, 09:44 AM

;D ;D ;D

cerruti
06-08-12, 12:22 PM

;D ;D ;D

Oi u lot! :( Youve just made a girl cry :'( :'( :'(

Harley riders care not for speed, they only care for looking the mutts and uber cool chic at all times 8-) 8-) 8-);D

It's a bit like "size doesn't matter" with Harleys, "speed doesnt matter"... its not how fast you go, it's how you look doing it 8-)

B1G
06-08-12, 01:14 PM

Harley riders care not for speed, they only care for looking the mutts and uber cool chic at all times 8-) 8-) 8-);D

It's a bit like "size doesn't matter" with Harleys, "speed doesnt matter"... its not how fast you go, it's how you look doing it 8-)

Do you have tassels and / or leather panniers ?
Just asking. ;)

Kevinb
06-08-12, 01:27 PM

Just asking. ;)

I was thinking of chaps and an 8 track (For those of us old enough to remember a time before cassette tapes) :)
Doesn't the ElectraGlide conme with a fold out record player?

cerruti
06-08-12, 01:35 PM

Just asking. ;)

No tassels here :o :o :o :o :o

I do have leather saddle bags, as I need somewhere to put my clothes, shoes and makeup ;D

Lots of blinging diamante too, on everything 8-) 8-) 8-)

But absolutely NO TASSLES HERE! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kevinb
06-08-12, 01:40 PM

Just asking. ;)

No tassels here :o :o :o :o :o

I do have leather saddle bags, as I need somewhere to put my clothes, shoes and makeup ;D

Lots of blinging diamante too, on everything 8-) 8-) 8-)

But absolutely NO TASSLES HERE! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Can't talk also have leather panniers on the sidecar outfit ::)

B1G
06-08-12, 01:51 PM
No tassels = :(
Chaps maybe (mmmmmmm) = :-?

Sorry for the hijack.

Swanny
06-08-12, 06:34 PM

Oops it's not possible to look the mutts and uber cool on a Harley ;D

;)

cerruti
06-08-12, 06:41 PM

Oops it's not possible to look the mutts and uber cool on a Harley ;D

;)

Wash your mouth out with soap Swanny! :-*

Swanny
06-08-12, 06:43 PM
Hehe sorry but you're easy prey ;D

cerruti
06-08-12, 06:44 PM
Hehe sorry but you're easy prey ;D

Im a girl, I ride a Harley = easy target ;D ;D ;D

Major Confusion
06-08-12, 08:28 PM
No tassels = :(
Chaps maybe (mmmmmmm) = :-?

Sorry for the hijack.

Hello Sailor :-*

cerruti
06-08-12, 08:35 PM
I wear chaps when I ride horses, but not bikes ::)

Oldfatboy wears chaps on his harley though ;D

Jon_W
07-08-12, 07:47 AM
Nothing below 50cc I seem to remember....

But yes scoots can and do. I've seen a Burgman happily doing 90+

I've taken Em's scoot up to 70 and it is surpisingly stable. Suspect the big scoots are good mile munchers.