PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP

Wes
25-07-12, 09:11 PM
Its been reported that Ben Spies will be leaving Yamaha at the end of the 2012 season, leaving the door open for a Rossi return? could get interesting :)

redken1
25-07-12, 10:16 PM
Or Cal? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
25-07-12, 10:39 PM
I doubt that Rossi would return to Yamaha whilst Lorenzo is the biggest rooster in the hen-run, rumours are that he's all cosied-up with Ducati once more, perhaps Audi have convinced him that their money will get the bike rideable at last... Most folk reckon that Dovi will get the Works Yamaha ride. Since Cal's early season form, he's got the hang of the bike and regularly beats him now - Cal's still chasing that first podium whilst Dovi's managed four I think, including in the last three races. Cal's been talking about the Ducati ride, probably Hayden's, though he spent enough time following Valentino at Mugello to have seen how much he was fighting the recalcitrant piece of junk round corners, yet he reckons he can ride it ok? Hmmm... :-? I hope he's right, as many before him have tried, and even the GOAT has been nowhere near winning a race on it in a season and a half so far...

Col
30-07-12, 12:56 AM
Well that Rossi off was something else wasn't it ? This Ducati front end problem Rossi has been on about all season now makes the bike unpredictable doesn't it :-?

Spies had some metal failure or somat weird and wonderful happen at the Corkscrew.

MotoGP will really miss Stoner no matter what people say about him--- unless new riders are really capable the sight of Lorenzo winning everything for next few years with the odd Pedrosa win will not be that interesting to watch :(

Geordie Stu
30-07-12, 03:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18976946

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19011545

Going to be interesting. Cal may go to Ducati if Rossi goes to back to Yamaha, Dovi may even go to Ducati "Unlikely" ::)

Scotty
30-07-12, 05:13 PM
Did anyone watch the Qualifying and see the look of resignation on Rossi's face as he went out for the final attempt to get further forward than row 3? He really isn't a happy bunny and getting spat off the thing at speed won't have made him like it any more. I'm sure that Yamaha would love to have him back, along with all the sponsorship money that he'd bring with him. He's quoted on BikeSportNews as saying that he didn't have a problem with Lorenzo per se but with Yamaha themselves in giving him a really competitive team mate who just reaped the results of all the development that had been done on the bike by Rossi and Burgess previously.
At least if he does return to a competitive bike there'll be someone to challenge Lorenzo because as Col says, aside from the odd showing from Pedrosa there'll be nobody who can even keep Lorenzo in sight let alone beat him. I don't expect Marquez to be a front runner immediately on the Repsol bike, though he's quite capable of surprising us, look how quickly he learnt the Moto2 bike, and at Catalunya this season his pole time using a tuned CBR600 engine was actually faster than the last 500cc pole time from 2001. The kid is pretty impressive.
Say what you like about Stoner, but he is outrageously talented, and nobody can throw shapes on a MotoGP bike like he can. The racing will be worse off for his absence, let's hope it won't be even more processional than it already is :-/

Geordie Stu
30-07-12, 07:24 PM
Did anyone watch the Qualifying and see the look of resignation on Rossi's face as he went out for the final attempt to get further forward than row 3? He really isn't a happy bunny and getting spat off the thing at speed won't have made him like it any more. I'm sure that Yamaha would love to have him back, along with all the sponsorship money that he'd bring with him. He's quoted on BikeSportNews as saying that he didn't have a problem with Lorenzo per se but with Yamaha themselves in giving him a really competitive team mate who just reaped the results of all the development that had been done on the bike by Rossi and Burgess previously.
At least if he does return to a competitive bike there'll be someone to challenge Lorenzo because as Col says, aside from the odd showing from Pedrosa there'll be nobody who can even keep Lorenzo in sight let alone beat him. I don't expect Marquez to be a front runner immediately on the Repsol bike, though he's quite capable of surprising us, look how quickly he learnt the Moto2 bike, and at Catalunya this season his pole time using a tuned CBR600 engine was actually faster than the last 500cc pole time from 2001. The kid is pretty impressive.
Say what you like about Stoner, but he is outrageously talented, and nobody can throw shapes on a MotoGP bike like he can. The racing will be worse off for his absence, let's hope it won't be even more processional than it already is

Agree! Stoner, only bloke able to ride the Ducati, would like to see him win it on the Honda & bow out as World Champion

Jon_W
31-07-12, 08:05 AM
Ok then, ignoramus question.......

Watching the last race, when entering a left turn the riders were removing their inside foot from the peg and seemed to be toughing the ground with it before putting it back on the peg and putting the knee down. Is there a reason for this???

Mitch9128
31-07-12, 08:36 AM
To get a bit of breeze on their clackers.

wiltshire builders
31-07-12, 10:51 AM
Ok then, ignoramus question.......

Watching the last race, when entering a left turn the riders were removing their inside foot from the peg and seemed to be toughing the ground with it before putting it back on the peg and putting the knee down. Is there a reason for this???
Rossi started this a few years ago and it's now been adopted by other riders in WSB, BSB and mopeds in Tesco car park.
It helps the rider set the bike up for the corner by distributing their weight and making the bike more stable. Some also claim it adds to the air braking they use when they sit up.

What were the brackets on the right clip-on?

njl
31-07-12, 11:12 AM
What were the brackets on the right clip-on?

The brake lever guard?

New for 2012

Scotty
31-07-12, 12:51 PM
Nick is correct, the bracket is to guard against a collision activating the front brake. It's been a long time coming really, considering that the main reason for it was the massive pile-up at the first corner of the Cataluña GP in 2006 I think when Gibernau's Ducati ran into the back of Capirossi's bike, jamming his front brake on fully which made Gibernau's bike cartwheel and took out Loris, Pedrosa, Melandri, Hopper and De Puniet as well.

Had a quick search on YouTube and found THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShXSxVUzNw) - It isn't great footage but I'm at work and can't spend all afternoon searching for it. I think you'll get the picture though...

wiltshire builders
31-07-12, 03:33 PM
Didn't Gibernau's thambulance crash on the way to the hospital too? Bad day for him.

Wes
31-07-12, 09:06 PM
Seems to be building to an announcement by the doctor this week, looking like yamaha for next season ;) its a bit of a role reversal, usually its riders who get the bump, not the factory teams..... unless it seems your names Vale

Last Train
03-08-12, 08:27 PM
Hmmmm....

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/valentino-rossi-spotted-yamaha-europe-hq-motogp/

Wes
03-08-12, 08:44 PM
Apparently he will be the #2 rider to George, ;D on paper maybe

Geordie Stu
04-08-12, 05:49 PM
Speculation is all over the web that Vale is going back to Yamaha, only issue seems to be Gerry Burgess, Yamaha not keen to have him back, Reports say Rossi will do all in his power to have Burgess by his side.

Last Train
07-08-12, 09:10 PM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/valentino-rossi-yamaha-contract/

Geordie Stu
08-08-12, 10:07 AM
I've also read that after his two years are complete with Yamaha in MotoGP, Rossi will join World Superbike in 2015 aboard the newest Yamaha YZF-R1, Rossi allegedly hoping to become a champion of all classes before he calls it quit.