PDA

View Full Version : My L plate fell off...

maikeru83
13-08-12, 07:41 AM
... and I've only had my bike three weeks! Is this normal? I haven't hit anything with it, so was it a piss-poor fitting job by Blade Honda? Should I go back there and stick my size 9 boot up their ass?

Kevinb
13-08-12, 08:40 AM
Could be worse I had my number plate fall off a few years back on the M4. The V twin does tend to vibrate a bit

Conehead
13-08-12, 08:58 AM
Great way of avoiding a ticket Kevinb :D :D :D

maikeru83
13-08-12, 09:13 AM
Think I might try and do a DIY screw-on job if I've got time. Or just make 100 photocopies of an L-plate and laminate them at work! Stockpile them in the garage! :)

Swanny
13-08-12, 11:19 AM
My solution to the L plate problem was to take my test and throw them in the bin :)

maikeru83
13-08-12, 11:33 AM
My solution to the L plate problem was to take my test and throw them in the bin :)

Do you think it would be wise to take the test 3 weeks after passing my CBT?

Swanny
13-08-12, 11:47 AM
Why not? I took mine 4 weeks after my 17th birthday.
There are plenty of people here who just took their tests in one go.
Go for it :)

Bikes look naff with L-plates anyway

NoYou
13-08-12, 12:40 PM
if you can, do your test. it really isn't difficult with a bit of decent training. :)

cerruti
13-08-12, 12:58 PM
if you can, do your test. it really isn't difficult with a bit of decent training. :)

Thats so true - I mean, I did it... If I can do it, anyone can do it ;D

Nikki
13-08-12, 02:36 PM
... and I've only had my bike three weeks! Is this normal? I haven't hit anything with it, so was it a piss-poor fitting job by Blade Honda? Should I go back there and stick my size 9 boot up their ass?

Why not call back in and ask them nicely - probably work a bit better that your idea :o ;) :)

Splash
13-08-12, 02:51 PM

Sure you can, I took my Full A2 test two weeks after passing my CBT having had no previous experience with bikes then jumped on a restricted CBR600F two years ago... :) Passed first time

maikeru83
13-08-12, 03:46 PM

Sure you can, I took my Full A2 test two weeks after passing my CBT having had no previous experience with bikes then jumped on a restricted CBR600F two years ago... :) Passed first time

That's certainly impressive! It took me two weeks to stop soiling my underwear every time I went round a roundabout in the wet! ;D

I feel I definitely need to work on my low-speed manoeuvres before I start thinking about doing the full test. I'm humble enough to admit that I'm not very good yet!

Splash
13-08-12, 05:34 PM

That's certainly impressive! It took me two weeks to stop soiling my underwear every time I went round a roundabout in the wet! ;D

I feel I definitely need to work on my low-speed manoeuvres before I start thinking about doing the full test. I'm humble enough to admit that I'm not very good yet!

Then get out and practice what you hate the most, just be sure to take your test this year if you feel ready enough and before the winter kicks in! ::)

Swanny
13-08-12, 06:12 PM
I noticed how good I am at slow speed U turns the other day, I was quite proud of myself 8-)

voodoo
13-08-12, 06:53 PM
just be sure to take your test this year if you feel ready enough and before the winter kicks in!
and before johnny foreigner takes over the test rules in january :D

Goldie
13-08-12, 08:10 PM
just be sure to take your test this year if you feel ready enough and before the winter kicks in!
and before johnny foreigner takes over the test rules in january :D
Aye, that too :( *cough* Able training are good *cough*

Dan505
13-08-12, 08:31 PM
Did my tests 5 days after the CBT, can be done. As said its easiest way to sort the plate out. Failing that, politely ask blade to have a look at it

Geordie Stu
15-08-12, 09:00 AM

If your instructor thinks your ready & your confident why not ? Do it before the winter & before the changes :)

Jonesy94
16-08-12, 05:40 PM
i agree about doing your bike test, im 18 and passed my A2 license in June this year, best thing i ever done, ditched my '09 RS125 for an '06 Z750. but i was very confident, and thats the key to passing your test ,confidence. get out and practice the stuff you dislike, then get it booked up :D

but in reply to your question, just pop in and tell them the bolts worked loose, (im assuming this is swindons "blade honda" if so) mike shouldnt have a problem with fitting a new one

maikeru83
17-08-12, 07:57 AM
It's ok now, I managed to stick on another L plate using some cable ties I "borrowed" from work. Got to dust off the power drill too! Probably a bit overkill for putting two little holes in the number plate, but it was a man moment nonetheless! ;D

Scotty
17-08-12, 08:26 AM
Top Tip: When drilling through number plates or fairing screens, put the drill in reverse (so it's cutting backwards in effect) otherwise when the tip of the bit breaks through the material it will snatch and crack it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

maikeru83
17-08-12, 08:36 AM
hmmmm.... *runs off to check number plate* :P

voodoo
17-08-12, 11:19 PM
Top Tip: When drilling through number plates or fairing screens, put the drill in reverse (so it's cutting backwards in effect) otherwise when the tip of the bit breaks through the material it will snatch and crack it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Agreed. Not that I've done it myself of course ::)