PDA

View Full Version : Bike buying sites

Conehead
13-08-12, 01:42 PM
Which sites would be best for buying a bike, looking for 1000/1100. The cheaper the better.

Using fleabay at the moment. Gumtree and I dont get along.

;)

Dabz
13-08-12, 02:00 PM
biketrader?

Nikki
13-08-12, 02:02 PM
Which sites would be best for buying a bike, looking for 1000/1100. The cheaper the better.

Using fleabay at the moment. Gumtree and I dont get along.

;)

I tend to use good ole Ebay - how about Tradeit?

Nikki
13-08-12, 02:24 PM
You could also try Motorcycle News online -

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/_/N-191/

Wes
13-08-12, 04:33 PM
pistonheads is a good site, or trade it, mcn, biketrader, and one of those pre owned type sites also run bike ads :)

NoYou
13-08-12, 04:35 PM
If you have a specific bike in mind, the owners forum for that bike is usually a good place to look. Most of the people who frequent such sites have a keen interest in the bike and look after it better because of that. Not always the cheapest route but normally a good call for quality :]

Maz
13-08-12, 06:01 PM
EBay, auto trader, trade it, bikes 543 ect...

goz1960
13-08-12, 06:11 PM
Bought a few bargains on pistonheads.

Conehead
13-08-12, 07:09 PM
Cheers all. Will give them all a go. Hopefully be joining you all in a few months on a rideout.
:D :D :D

Goldie
13-08-12, 08:12 PM
gumtree is an eBay company. As others have said, biketrader, pistonheads, and the other two (gumtree & fleabay) trade-it and MCN - I used them all when I was bike buying. Got mine on Gumtree. :D

Senna(Dan)
14-08-12, 06:54 AM
Forums is always a good way to go, you can often pick up better examples for a similar price to that of a dealer.
I bought the Senna off a forum and looking at prices now I robbed the guy blind with how much I paid for it!

Snowy
14-08-12, 09:50 AM
Forums is always a good way to go, you can often pick up better examples for a similar price to that of a dealer.
I bought the Senna off a forum and looking at prices now I robbed the guy blind with how much I paid for it!

Yes, agreed. I bought my GS from a forum member and what was really useful for me is that I could review his previous posts on the forum. This gave me an idea of the sort of rider he was and how he treated his bike. There had been no mention of any accidents or incidents with the bike and that really does help with the confidence factor. When I bought mine it was 11 months old with 2K on the clock and I got it for £3.5K less that the list price with 13 months BMW warranty and Roadside Assist still left to run. I was lucky to be first in the queue as he was offered £600 more than his asking price by someone without looking at it. Because it was on the forum I think this also helped with the owner staying with me as the buyer rather than go with a higher bidder.

Senna(Dan)
14-08-12, 10:05 AM
Yes, agreed. I bought my GS from a forum member and what was really useful for me is that I could review his previous posts on the forum. This gave me an idea of the sort of rider he was and how he treated his bike. There had been no mention of any accidents or incidents with the bike and that really does help with the confidence factor.
Conehead, just be wary of new forum members. I don't want to blanket all newbies but if they have only recently joined and are selling the bike ask the question why? My mate almost learnt this the hard way when he was looking for a ktm rc8, the bike looked good and sounded good but was thrashed within an inch of its life with no service history. Nothing like the guy had put on the forum, usual fsh low mileage v good condition. I cracked up when we took the oil cap off and it was that milky it could have passed semi skimmed. 3 years and no oil change, scary to say the least.

Bikermouse
17-08-12, 10:38 PM
Also try Preloved.

kj

Jon_W
21-08-12, 01:22 PM
Trade it or Ebay.

Conehead
21-08-12, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all the advice, got one now and picking her up on Sat. Cant wait. 8-) 8-) 8-)