PDA

View Full Version : MOTO GP

Roxy
19-03-11, 11:19 PM
Go Rossi Go!

yes I know he is still struggling with the shoulder but I still have to shout it.

Looking forward to seeing the pack unravel this season!

Its gunna be a good one I think!

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

jaagsxr
19-03-11, 11:39 PM
lorenzooooo no 1 for a reason !!!!

Green Man
19-03-11, 11:49 PM

+ 1 Jaa that’s who’s my money on this year

Roxy
20-03-11, 12:00 AM
ha ha ha he may be number one...but would he have got that number if my boy hadn't fallen off and broke his leg?? he also needs to keep that Yam developed and up to speed...I think he just reaped the benefits of years of Rossi/Burgess work last year, he now needs to fill those boots and prove he is as good!! He is very talented but I love my boy too much to switch my loyalty.

I think this year Lorenzo will have his work cut out with Team Honda up his chuff!! :o :o also Spies will be keen to prove his postion and Simoncelli is in my eyes the one to keep an eye on, maybe not for the title but he will mix it up with them all!

It's going to be a great season I think......

Green Man
20-03-11, 12:02 AM
18 Hours and counting !!!

Roxy
20-03-11, 12:11 AM
whoo hoooooooo!

the little fella and I will be shouting at the TV!!! lol

smellygerm
20-03-11, 07:22 AM

Don't like him any more he Nudged me out the way at the NEC and just as I was about to give him the vulcan death grip his 12' body guard stood in the way ,so being the bigger man I strode back and forgave him , any way what time dose it start :D

whizz
20-03-11, 07:29 AM
Go Rossi !!!! wipe the smile off Lorenzo face ! :)

coopmick
20-03-11, 07:52 AM
What about Cal Crutchlow he was faster than Rossi and with beginners luck you never know!!!

silly_simon
20-03-11, 09:18 AM
What about Cal Crutchlow he was faster than Rossi and with beginners luck you never know!!!

Yup I reckon he could well be a dark horse this season :) He has nowt to prove really being a novice in the class and besides hes a Brit [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
20-03-11, 09:55 AM

Don't like him any more he Nudged me out the way at the NEC and just as I was about to give him the vulcan death grip his 12' body guard stood in the way ,so being the bigger man I strode back and forgave him , any way what time dose it start :D

LOL I remember you saying that Stace. I'm not a Lorenzo an or a Stoner fan either, when Stoner crashed out at Le Mans last year he came past us pillion on a scooter en route back to the pits, as we had spots right next to the track I couldn't help say 'suits you sir' when he went past! lol

Roxy

Roxy
20-03-11, 09:56 AM

Yup I reckon he could well be a dark horse this season :) He has nowt to prove really being a novice in the class and besides hes a Brit [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yes he did really well yesterday and starting 8th is fab! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
20-03-11, 11:26 AM
As much as I would like Crutchlow to do well I'd like to see Spies disrupt the status quo but those Honda's do look good early doors.

Squashed_Fly
20-03-11, 11:50 AM
Go Rossi Go!

yes I know he is still struggling with the shoulder but I still have to shout it.

Looking forward to seeing the pack unravel this season!

Its gunna be a good one I think!

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

At least we agree on something! Can't wait to get back from lincolnshire and watch the race!! 8-)

Nooj
20-03-11, 05:07 PM
It's on the Red Button, Moto2 is about to start in a few minutes.

Chappers
20-03-11, 05:13 PM
looks like another 1 horse season for the 125's

Jacde
20-03-11, 05:13 PM
I'm all settled, ready for an evening of wall to wall bikes ;D

Roxy
20-03-11, 05:19 PM
Go Bradders!!!!!!!!!!!

Chappers
20-03-11, 05:23 PM
k - at least moto2 gets you used to watching honda's win before the motogp ;)

1 - stoner
2 - pedrosa
3 - side show bob

;D

Roxy
20-03-11, 05:35 PM
pppftttt!

Go Team 46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Gixxer_Tom
20-03-11, 06:44 PM
Although i don't expect him to go for a title position or anything crazy... i'd just like to make it known that Cal Crutchlow is a frickin awsome rider and uber talented on the track!!

I've followed him for a while and some of his riding techniques and the way he can ride a bike at speed when the tyres are on their last legs is quite simply amazing!!

Lorenzo is in a prime position to dominate this year, stoner cud if he can 'man's up' and focus properly...

But I'll never doubt Rossi as quite simply the greatest motorcycle racer the world has ever seen!

His riding is sheer genius and you'd be amazed how much even a minor injury can effect your lap times!

By the time he irons out the kinks on the ducati and gets 100% better he's gonna destroy all i think! ;)

Just my 2p's worth!

Thomas :)

Roxy
20-03-11, 06:59 PM
WHOO HOOOOOOO LET'S GO!!

I'm now busy for the next 45mins!!! ;)

Honda_Star
20-03-11, 07:58 PM
Well done on stoner - great race :-)

Roxy
20-03-11, 08:35 PM
Great first round.. congrats to Stoner (pfft), lovely little battle between Pip Squeak and Jorge...man can that honda fly down the straight!

I'm happy with 7th for my boy, Spies did very well!

...and of course great result for the homeboy Crutchlow..I think I'm gunna enjoy watching him! ;)

A good opening round!

Roxy :)

Nelly
20-03-11, 08:41 PM
Great first round.. congrats to Stoner (pfft), lovely little battle between Pip Squeak and Jorge...man can that honda fly down the straight!

I'm happy with 7th for my boy, Spies did very well!

...and of course great result for the homeboy Crutchlow..I think I'm gunna enjoy watching him! ;)

A good opening round!

Agreed! :)

StreetHippo
20-03-11, 08:51 PM
How did Rossi save that!!!!! :o

Stu

Roxy
20-03-11, 08:57 PM

Stu

COS HE IS THE KIDDIE!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Green Man
20-03-11, 09:01 PM

Stu

He was so lucky :) :) :)

Gerry
20-03-11, 09:55 PM
Stu

It's easy... haven't you followed me on a ride-out, I do it all the time :-/

G :)

Kevinb
21-03-11, 01:16 PM

I can't stand him. Are you sure it wasn't his boyfriend?
Maybe thats why he moves around on his seat so much. Still sore from the night before ::)

Kevinb
21-03-11, 01:19 PM

Stu

Amazing how he did it & not surprising as the man is a legend in his own lifetime.

Harry87
21-03-11, 02:52 PM
Anyone know how I can watch the highlights? On the website it has some sort of subsription rubbish.

Squashed_Fly
21-03-11, 03:23 PM
go on BBC Iplayer

Harry87
21-03-11, 03:59 PM
Good thinking!! Might watch comic relief highlights while I'm there haha. Thanks Ade

StreetHippo
21-03-11, 05:43 PM
If you have a Wii you can get iPlayer through that, then you can watch on a bigger screen 8-)

Stu

Jacde
21-03-11, 05:57 PM
If you have a Wii you can get iPlayer through that, then you can watch on a bigger screen 8-)

Stu

Oooooh didn't know that! Top tip of the year so far ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Harry87
21-03-11, 06:11 PM
That was fun. Tense battle for 2nd place :P I like Lorenzo, he seems a nice boy.

StreetHippo
21-03-11, 06:55 PM
I'll find the idiots guide that someone sent to me, it worked too!! ;D

Stu 8-)

Caz
21-03-11, 07:15 PM
Its very confusing with them all on new bike :-/ I miss JT :'(

bobf279
21-03-11, 09:24 PM
Cool to see Rossi promoting bike safety in his Hi Vis leathers

Bornagain
22-03-11, 09:40 AM
Me and T watched on Sunday. Good stuff. Tash was amazed how they weren't falling off on the corners!! ;)

Good start to the season, this is the first time i've watched...and i think i'm hooked.

I'm all for Rossi, just love the story of it all (new untamed bike, injury, expectation.......)

Why are there no Suzuki's? And why no Kawasaki's?

Dabz
22-03-11, 11:09 AM
Must say I liked Stoner's style, also very impressed with Lorenzo but I'm going to back Rossi..not only because if he can tame that Ducati and overcome the injury he's likely to dominate, but I've had "rossi is the kiddie" rammed down my throat by Miss FussyPants for the last few years :P :-*

jpssantos
22-03-11, 11:22 AM
I reckon Rossi wont be doing anything spectacular this season on the Ducati.... but next season, that will be a different story.

he has just go on the Ducati, so he'll need time to work his magic.

the same he did with yamaha....

"He'll be back" lol

For now, Im quite enjoying the moto2. All the same bikes, same engines and tyres, its all down to the rider and there's a lot more dog fights! :)

Dabz
22-03-11, 12:20 PM
really? I found the moto2 a bit boring..

pob06
22-03-11, 12:57 PM
Enjoyed the first outings :-)

Well done Bradders, thought Rossi did well considering (late season/next year for a post injury/getting to sort bike resurgence I reckon).

Moto2 was a bit tame compared to the axe murdering from last year I thought ;) ;D

Be interesting when they get onto the *ahem* proper circuits ie Europe hehehe

jpssantos
22-03-11, 01:38 PM
pob06, exactly my views on Moto2

StreetHippo
22-03-11, 02:39 PM
Basil, there is no factory support from Kawasaki in MotoGP and Suzuki are only fielding one bike, and he fired himself into the scenery during qualifying, shattering his leg for good measure :o
They are going to use the test rider next outing I think?

Stu

Sean.C
22-03-11, 05:09 PM
Basil, there is no factory support from Kawasaki in MotoGP and Suzuki are only fielding one bike, and he fired himself into the scenery during qualifying, shattering his leg for good measure :o
They are going to use the test rider next outing I think?Stu

Hopkins is the stand in rider for suzuki this season .

Scotty
22-03-11, 06:12 PM
Come on Basil, get with it.... ::) ::) ::)

When the banks f*cked the world economy two years ago, Kawasaki withdrew their factory team and supported a kind of satellite team run by Hyate, painted the bikes black and Melandri tried his hardest on it all season (they were contractually obliged to supply at least one bike to the grid so they just gave what they had to Hyate) - I think he may have got it on the podium at Le Mans that year when it rained and Rossi fell off, pitted twice (or three times) and finished last, but it gradually fell behind throughout the season as the other bikes were developed and they weren't as they no longer had factory support, just a dwindling stock of the spares that they began the season with...

Suzuki are only fielding a single bike this season, but after Bautista lobbed it and broke his left femur on Friday, they didn't have time to bring Hopper over. Expect him on it for Jerez 8-)

jpssantos
22-03-11, 07:36 PM
I cant remember exactly what they were saying, but didnt they say that Honda might struggle due to having factories in the area struck by the tsunami?

something like they still have parts in stock, but might struggle later in the season?

Roxy
23-03-11, 08:32 AM
Must say I liked Stoner's style, also very impressed with Lorenzo but I'm going to back Rossi..not only because if he can tame that Ducati and overcome the injury he's likely to dominate, but I've had "rossi is the kiddie" rammed down my throat by Miss FussyPants for the last few years :P :-*

'Miss FussyPants' ??? oooh you're in trouble CL ;) ;D

I must admit I was a little disappointed by the first moto2 race, maybe because last season was such a bun fight (not good for the fallers but it did make great viewing with the constant jamming for places! ;D)

I think my Boy will come into his own a little later in the season, let them do that magic **** on the ducati like only Rossi/Burgess can (just like when they appeared at yamaha all those years ago) and when his fitness levels are back to 100% I think he will improve :)

Those Hondas were flying and the gear boxes are super quick now but like with a lot of it, different tracks suit different bikes and I want to see a good mix of them all, if the Hondas run away with it it will get very boring :( :(

Roll on Jerez and.......

Go Rossi Go!!!

Roxy x
ps....Come on Basil keep up with the programme...'where are the crappyzakis??' ::) ::) ::)

Green Man
23-03-11, 08:41 AM
crappyzakis?? We will have words!! They don’t need to be on the race track they sell them self’s he he ;D ;D

Roxy
23-03-11, 11:12 AM
oops sorry col ;D ;D ;D...love ya hun! :-* :-*

Roxy

Harry87
23-03-11, 11:27 AM
Another proud owned of a Kwak. No qualms over my bike.

I liked the moment they focussed on Stoner and his rev counter. When he accelerated through those gears... :o

Scotty
23-03-11, 01:23 PM
Crappyzakis? Exqueeze me? :-?

Yamaha Shamaha, Ms FussyPants will be selling that R6 and buying some POS Ducati next and covering it in yellow stickers... ::) ::) ::)

Got the excuses for not doing the 9th July ARD sorted yet love? ;) :-* :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D

Chappers
23-03-11, 02:14 PM
I think he may have got it on the podium at Le Mans that year when it rained and Rossi fell off, pitted twice (or three times) and finished last

bringing back fond memories of le mans 2009 there - despite it raining and being f'ing cold >:(

it was a wet race but drying out, so (in theory) first in to pop on dry tyres won. rossi pitted first then immediately lowsided the 'dry' bike so had to pit again to get back onto the 'wet' bike. he then forgot to use the pit lane speed limiter, was flagged and had to do a ride through. the ducati stand next to me was about to implode at this point. he had to do a few slow laps on the 'wet' bike on a now dry circuit while the 'dry' bike was repaired, pitted yet again to swap bikes and struggled on to finish ... last.

goes to show, everyone can have a sh1t day, even legends.

I will always have massive respect for him struggling on to finish the race in those circumstances, when lesser people would have hidden in the pits.

Chappers
23-03-11, 02:17 PM
Its very confusing with them all on new bike :-/ I miss JT :'(

surely (after the first race at Qatar when he tried to duff up vale briefly) we 'missed JT' throughout his motogp journey. he was usually at the back or sulking in the pits. great talented rider, but not suited to motogp at all.

Roxy
23-03-11, 06:49 PM
Crappyzakis? Exqueeze me? :-?

Yamaha Shamaha, Ms FussyPants will be selling that R6 and buying some POS Ducati next and covering it in yellow stickers... ::) ::) ::)

Got the excuses for not doing the 9th July ARD sorted yet love? ;) :-* :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D

The r6 is here to stay thanks but that said nothing wrong with having 2 bikes is there ;)

Working on the July date so leave it with me, I am sure I can come up with something HUN, can't have you feeling like you're right all the time can we??? ;) lol

Roxy

Scotty
23-03-11, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately JT was afflicted with the curse that most British riders have to carry - spent ALL his racing career on f*cking production bikes so when it comes to setting up a full-on GP bike with a bewildering array of options (steering head angle, fork offset, fork type, all the different spring and damping rates you could ask for, engine position, swingarm pivot point, swingarm length, wheel widths, tyres, brake pad compounds, engine mapping, gearbox ratios, slipper clutch settings, electronic rider "aids" etc, etc.) compared with production bikes they don't know where to start ::) Fortunately the Bradley Smiths and Scott Reddings have managed to escape the stagnation of the British racing scene and got away to Spain where they get kids on proper racing bikes from the word go, not make them spend their formative years (and the rest of their careers) racing sodding 600s round Mallory Park FFS! >:( >:( >:(

I really hope that Cal Crutchlow does well, he's got the talent, but then again so did JT, Shakey Byrne, Neil Hodgson, James Ellison and so on.... The only rider whom I can recall going from Superbikes to GP and actually winning was Troy Bayliss with the one-off nothing-to-lose ride for Ducati at Valencia in 2006, after a relatively undistinguished time in GPs before returning to WSB.
The UK's most talented riders outside GPs are probably Leon Haslam, Leon Camier and Eugene Laverty (OK, he's Irish) - they should at least be in Moto2 this year, getting a feel for GP bikes ahead of maybe an entry into MotoGP next year when the engine rules are relaxed and the grids might hopefully have more than 16 bikes on them.... instead, they're riding proddy bikes for yet another year.... ::) ::) ::)

Roxy
01-04-11, 03:23 PM
GO ROSSI GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to this round!

jaagsxr
01-04-11, 05:28 PM
go errr home ???

Roxy
04-04-11, 07:21 PM
Watched the race today...

My boy made a mistake, a big one but that's racing. He did well to finish 5th after the spill. Not quite sure about Stoners outburst tbh, harsh in my opinion and not really deserved but the guy was probably mad as hell! I genuinely think Rossi knew he had ****ed up and wanted to say sorry in person and to have it thrown back in his face by that jumped up little tit was out of order. Stoner did the same thing when Rossi had him on the corkscrew at Leguna Seca - he flipped his lid about Rossi being too aggressive and un gentlemanly???? wtf?? that's racing kiddo, you want to ride with the big boys expect to get bashed about a little. He hasn't won 9 world titles by sitting on his arse and whinging about the boys not playing fair....GROW UP!

I did enjoy it though!

Go Rossi Go!!!!

Roxy x

jacob030802
04-04-11, 09:47 PM
Rossi is still the man!! If I woz a girl, I think I would!!!

NoYou
04-04-11, 09:54 PM
just watched the race... jesus that was intense! Rossi cocked up big time and he knows it, musta taken one hell of a lot to go and apologize like that. Good on him! great race though just hope the rest of the season is as good!
Geo

wiltshire builders
04-04-11, 10:13 PM
Rossi is still the man!! If I woz a girl, I think I would!!!
Uh...yeah, if you were a girl, i'm not sure he'd be that interested. If you know what I mean........

StreetHippo
05-04-11, 12:32 AM
Oh my god!!!! Just watched it, amazing!!!
Rossi was in the wrong but tried to do the right thing, that's racing!
Ambition outweighed your talent? Bit strong.

Stu

Roxy
30-04-11, 12:43 AM
GO ROSSI GO!!!!!

Looking forward to Estoril this weekend.

Roxy
16-05-11, 08:23 PM
Yet another awesome trip to Le Mans!

Back now from 5 cracking days. My boy did good....Go Rossi Go!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Gotta feel sorry for Pip Squeak with the injury but Simoncelli was hard done by with the ride through, happened right in front of us and I know others have their own opinion but I feel it was just racing, you win some you lose some, you want to play with the big boys you got to expect a bit of jostling every now and again.

Lorenzo's crash happened feet away from us too...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a few photos....I've not cheered that loudly since Stoner fell off in front of me last year!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gutted for Crutchlow :( and as for Whinging Stoner punching de Puniet......MAN UP and get a grip pissy pants! lol

Here's to next year!

Team 46 forever!

Gerry
16-05-11, 08:56 PM
Just finished watching it on iPlayer - great race.

Agreed Simoncelli was hard done by, but that's what happens when you have big hair (OK, I'm jealous I admit it) :-/

Nice to have you back Special K xxx ;)

G

Roxy
17-05-11, 07:01 PM
Just finished watching it on iPlayer - great race.

Agreed Simoncelli was hard done by, but that's what happens when you have big hair (OK, I'm jealous I admit it) :-/

Nice to have you back Special K xxx ;)

G

Nice to be back G, so who's coming to Silverstone?

Roxy xxx

jack930
17-05-11, 08:24 PM
I might be their,working again for the full week befor the race..

whizz
17-05-11, 08:50 PM
Im there for the weekend cheering on The Doctor!!! :)

Chappers
17-05-11, 08:57 PM
What an amazing trip, company and racing! Even the rain stayed away for all 5 days 8-) I just need a week of sleep now!

The off-roaders would have loved the enforced detours through the campsites - very brave of you somersetz :-?

Roxy
17-05-11, 09:11 PM
Frankie shuffle, Uphill satnav, No F*CK OFF you're not coming through and **** in a sock...just about sums up the weekend!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chappers
17-05-11, 09:15 PM
Frankie shuffle, Uphill satnav, No F*CK OFF you're not coming through and **** in a sock...just about sums up the weekend!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

oh, and this...

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/briz_zed/Le%20Mans%202011/bbbecdd7.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/briz_zed/Le%20Mans%202011/031f91ad.jpg

Roxy
17-05-11, 09:20 PM
Yes last year I watched and laughed when Stoner dumped it, this year it was Lorenzo!!! oh and let's not forget Pip Squeak Pedrosa too!!!! Must have something to do with where I sit! ;D ;D ;D

Muchos Cheers from the Uphill's! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Last Train
11-06-11, 08:16 PM
Hot off the press....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2hmti8z_Bk

StreetHippo
11-06-11, 08:36 PM
Tee hee, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke!! ;D

Stu

Squashed_Fly
11-06-11, 09:10 PM
Just been given a free, access all areas pass for this tomorrow!

My first ever Moto GP

Dabz
12-06-11, 09:13 AM
Very jealous SF! That video is awesome last train :p love it

Scotty
12-06-11, 11:10 AM
Has Rossi ever started a GP from the back row before? He was strangely anonymous during qualifying, we hardly saw anything of him...

Top work by Scott Redding to qualify 2nd, hopefully he'll be back at the front again :) Shame about the electrical woes that Bradley Smith was suffering, but at least he got a couple of laps in at the end to get on the grid.

The Rossi factor should bring a few more people through the gates, but how many the weather will keep away this year?

When the riders were on stage being interviewed last night I wonder if Colin Edwards made another reference to returning to "Paradise Island" once again.... :-?

Geordie Stu
12-06-11, 02:50 PM
Ride of the day Colin Edwards. Brave man, Hospital last week Podium this week. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

silly_simon
12-06-11, 02:54 PM
Attendance at Silverstone only 74,000 ish :o :o

And in that weather too, How many went by car then ?? :D :D

Taylor911
12-06-11, 06:19 PM
I was there.
Was at Copse, Saw Spies crash and flip his bike over the wall.

Did they show his crash on TV or did i just miss it..

Some shots i took -
Lorenzo
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/ataylor0/Loren.jpg

Rossi
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/ataylor0/Rossi.jpg

Stoner and Edwards on the celebration lap
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/ataylor0/Edwards.jpg

NoYou
12-06-11, 06:27 PM
Very good races in all classes, Moto 2 was the most intense though, thought Bradley Smith was the star of the race though! 28th-2nd... just an amazing bit of riding from him. Hope to see him on the top step soon though :p
Geo

Scotty
12-06-11, 06:30 PM
Eurosport didn't see Ben Spies' crash, just showed the wreck following it, no sign of the rider, and then within half a lap Lorenzo got spat off too... Shame Simoncelli couldn't stay on, another podium opportunity ends in the gravel, but top ride by Edwards and what a turnaround for Tech III eh? Yesterday both their MotoGP riders are fairly crocked and Smith qualified in 28th, and they end up with two podiums - bit of a result really :)

Nokesy
12-06-11, 06:31 PM
Tee hee, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke!! ;D

Stu

Very, very funny but who was it?! Couldn't tell despite watching today's race :(

Scotty
12-06-11, 06:43 PM
Es Jorge Lorenzo, Campeón del Mundo ;) ;) ;)

Do pay attention at the back.... ::) ;)

Nokesy
12-06-11, 06:48 PM
Gracias oh sabio ;D

Nokesy
12-06-11, 06:52 PM
Maybe it's because he wasn't in it long enough!! ;D

Loops
12-06-11, 07:34 PM
I was watching the BBC coverage - pretty wet out there. :o Several crashes in the GP, then about half the field went off from the 125s!

whizz
12-06-11, 07:41 PM
just got back from silverstone .... awesome ! colin edwards,top man today..... :)

Squashed_Fly
12-06-11, 11:00 PM
Awsome to be there! Sh1tter about the 4.5 hour delay getting out of the circuit :(

Still, even the ques and the rain didn't put a dampener on it though!

Roxy
13-06-11, 11:37 AM
ABSOLUTE CRACKING DAY!!!

The rain was crap but I had a fab day. My boy managed to stay upright and finish [smiley=laugh.gif] so I am a happy girl. Was at Copse when Spies dumped it and the bike went over the wall....incredible to watch and it made the bike look like a toy :( Glad he is ok though.. gutted Marco fell and as for Lorenzo ;D ;D ;D the old Uphill curse seems to still be strong within us ::) Stoner was on fire, all credit to the guy...he had an amazing race even in the wet he was throwing that Honda over. Go Edwards Go! really chuffed to see him on the podium.

All in all a fantastic day, Mahoosive thanks to Snotty (Si) for the company, the tickets, the access, the lift and for getting me home in time despite the traffic and the monsoon. Awesome dude!! :-* I'll be the camera brolly bitch anyday LMFAO ;D

Pic's to follow... when the man servant has sorted and uploaded them!

Roxy xx

Col
13-06-11, 01:57 PM
yep Stoner did the pass on Dovizioso ,who held up Lorenzo n Big Hair, then stayed in front.......basically a dull race providing little to comment on but fair do's to Stoner and crooked Edwards.

Only to add that after watching the Big Hair off it seems he shifted his weight just as he hit that puddle before the bend which, almost unbelievably, in a split second caused the bike to slip out from under him.

I'd expect to see something more interesting next time.

Si
13-06-11, 02:15 PM
Great day but not great for taking pictures! Need to sort out what I have taken but here is a few

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0841.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0842.jpg

Si
13-06-11, 02:15 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0895.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0905.jpg

Si
13-06-11, 02:16 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0922.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0940.jpg

Si
13-06-11, 02:16 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0959.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0943.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/sashnrv/MotoGP%20Silverstone%20June%202011/IMG_0951.jpg

Roxy
13-06-11, 02:51 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!

my constant nagging paid off, loving the VR ones ;) ;)

Roxy xx

Dabz
13-06-11, 03:08 PM
Absolutely awesome pics Si!

Si
13-06-11, 03:11 PM
Cheers. Im happy given the conditions! :)

Roxy
13-06-11, 03:34 PM
quote of the day 'I don't care if your arms are killing you, take more photos of my boy!!' ;D

next time you will remember the neck strap for the camera won't you! ;)

Roxy xx

Si
13-06-11, 03:36 PM
LOL yes I will! ;) xx

wiltshire builders
13-06-11, 04:19 PM
and as for Lorenzo ;D ;D ;D
Roxy xx
Seriously? Words fail me.

Squashed_Fly
13-06-11, 04:36 PM
and as for Lorenzo ;D ;D ;D
Roxy xx
Seriously? Words fail me.

+1. I think it's disgusting how people were cheering when he fell off, and booing Stoner on the Podium. Thought we were all bikers on here. I wouldn't wish anyone a crash, let alone be laughing or smiling at one. Let's hope it never happens to you, then maybe Lorenzo can have a laugh at your expense.

Besides which, the more people fall off, the less interesting the racing is. I want Rossi back at number 1 as much as anyone else, but not the expense of other riders.

Gerry
13-06-11, 06:30 PM
Think you two ought to either cool it (cos it's not going anywhere) or get a room ;D

Si, nice pics mate, especially wot with the rain the Roxy bugging you ;)

SF, thought you said were going to take a "low profile" - good plan !

G

Geordie Stu
13-06-11, 06:38 PM
errr hmmmm getting back to the race... ::)

Love him or not Casey is a bloody good rider of a motorcycle. He's the only 1 so far that can ride that Ducati & get the best out of it. He made the best of the conditions.

Dabz
13-06-11, 06:41 PM
Casey's awesome, getting me loads of points on the fantasy road race :D great rider, looking forward to the rest of the races

This is my 1st season watching motogp and Rossi hasn't shown anything 'special' at all - if I didn't know he was a multiple world champion I'd neve have guessed. Granted the bike needs more development but to compare to f1 (which is all I know), a great driver in a poor car will still look like a great driver. Schuey for example..not getting podiums but his driving style is the same as it was in a Ferrari

Geordie Stu
13-06-11, 06:49 PM
Casey "In my Opinion" is potentially Rossi in the making. Won his 1st on the Ducati my tip for this year Stoner on the Honda.

Nelly
13-06-11, 06:53 PM
I didn't actually care who was going to win yesterday. Quite frankly i think they are all bloody brave to want to do that in those kind of conditions, fair play to the lot of em. 8-)

wiltshire builders
13-06-11, 06:58 PM
Not that I wish to get drawn into an argument, but one does wonder whether or not you (SF) would be making such an issue of things if it had been anyone other than Roxy who had made the post. By your own admission you are a fully paid up member of the 'I don't like Roxy Fan Club'.

If you read the whole post in full you will also mentions other people falling off as well and was glad they weren't injured etc etc.

Just saying like and putting the whole post into context....

It was actually me who brought this whole issue of mocking riders failing to finish. I stand by my earlier posts and ANYONE gloating at a rider's misfortune is a complete idiot and knows nothing about the sport. The grids are small enough as it is. I just want to see some close racing, not "my boy" win.

These people aren't there for our amusement, they've got a job to do. When the flag drops, personallity doesn't come into it. They've put in alot of effort to get where they are and suffered injurys along the way. They all deserve our respect.

Geordie Stu
13-06-11, 07:06 PM
Just a comment about Tyres. I watched it on the BBC & can't remember who said it. But, He said that even the wet tyres can still get up to a temprature of 100°C which still give better grip than a road tyre in dry conditions.

I'd like to know more

wiltshire builders
13-06-11, 07:11 PM
Just a comment about Tyres. I watched it on the BBC & can't remember who said it. But, He said that even the wet tyres can still get up to a temprature of 100°C which still give better grip than a road tyre in dry conditions.

I'd like to know more

When the track starts to dry you'll see riders going off line to hit the puddles to cool the tyres. They break up really fast if they're not kept cool.

Dabz
13-06-11, 07:11 PM
Yeh that comment stuck in my mind too - crazy amount of grip in the wet!

Without choosing a "favourite" then the sport wouldn't be as exciting for the spectators. No different to people choosing their football team. Without favourites the advertisers wouldn't sponsor and there would be no motogp. I don't wish injury on any living thing (as I know roxy doesn't either) but what she was saying was 'sport'. No different to when a football fan relishes in a rival's top striker being injured and out of action

wiltshire builders
13-06-11, 07:17 PM
No different to when a football fan relishes in a rival's top striker being injured and out of action

You're absolutely right. It is no different and it's disgusting.

With riders out of the race, the racing gets boring and REAL fans want to see racing, not the same rider win time and time again.

Geordie Stu
13-06-11, 07:20 PM

I'd like to know more

When the track starts to dry you'll see riders going off line to hit the puddles to cool the tyres. They break up really fast if they're not kept cool.

I've seen them do that. What prompted his comment was when Lorenzo when off. The back end slid out then gripped again causing him the high side.

Dabz
13-06-11, 07:21 PM
I must not be a real fan then as I always want the same football team to win, same f1 drivers and same motogp rider, oh and shakey Byrne in bsb! So yeh, not a real fan

Squashed_Fly
13-06-11, 07:25 PM
The BSB commentators (think one was from Dunlop) at Thruxton were saying, unless there is spray coming off a wet tyre, then it's hardly working at all and is more dangerous.

They also said that on a damp track (no standing water), then you should run slicks and ride it like it's dry. So long as it's up to temp, then it will work just as well. Trouble is, riders, go cautiously over the damp areas, lose the heat and then the cold tyre is even worse on the damp.

Either way, you have to some serious kahunas to ride that fast, wet dry or anything else. Maximum respect to all of the riders!

Looking forward to getting back to a grid with all of the riders racing, and no injuries! I can't imagine how bad Cal felt about not being there for his home fans. Hope he gets well soon

Geordie Stu
13-06-11, 07:27 PM
I must not be a real fan then as I always want the same football team to win, same f1 drivers and same motogp rider, oh and shakey Byrne in bsb! So yeh, not a real fan

We all have favorites in any sport but know one like to see any sports person / athlete injured

Col
14-06-11, 01:24 AM
errr hmmmm getting back to the race... ::)

Love him or not Casey is a bloody good rider of a motorcycle. He's the only 1 so far that can ride that Ducati & get the best out of it. He made the best of the conditions.

Yeah 100% spot on Monster. OK he is somewhat 'divaesque' but absolutely no denying he is on a superior level.

The Rossi saga is very interesting at this stage of the season in that he still says the bike isn't 'right' and is wallowing around 6/7 place which after Lorenzo winning last year must rankle him more than he is letting known I would suspect.

OK he got apparently £10 million but at his age time is not on his side at this level and a less than competitive bike is not going to 'encourage' his continued involvement. If things do not change pdq it is a serious possibility that he could call it a day imo. He most certainly cannot wish to become an also ran/number at the level of Capirossi/di Puniet.

Perhaps the change to litre bikes may infuse some more competitive racing but the way MotoGP is heading is definitely downhill imho.

Simply look at what is presented to race.........Stoner 'n Lorenzo then what ??????? an ageing Italian, a small bloke who has now disappeared, bloke with Big Hair who falls off, some old blokes scratching around in the limelight, and a couple of 'possibles' who aren't really too bothered cos they get a good wedge as being on a factory bike..............it is quite simply dismal :'(

Roxy
24-06-11, 01:20 PM
As I am in Wales this weekend and won't get to see the race on Saturday.....

GO ROSSI GO!!!

Good to see Crutchlow doing well in QP too

Roxy
Rossi fan (but I also like Simoncelli/Edwards/Crutchlow/Spies/Caparossi/Hayden too ;D)

other moto gp thread available at http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300382722

Gerry
24-06-11, 01:24 PM
As I am in Wales this weekend and won't get to see the race on Saturday.....
GO ROSSI GO!!!
Good to see Crutchlow doing well in QP too
Roxy

Rossi fan (but I also like Simoncelli/Edwards/Crutchlow/Spies/Caparossi/Hayden too ;D)
Other Moto GP thread available at [url]http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300382722

Not sure which one he is K, is that the one that trundles around on a Ducati, used to be very good when he was young I think I remember ;D

Great news you are OK for tomorrow [smiley=thumbup.gif]

G xxx

Roxy
24-06-11, 01:28 PM
yes he's the 'old' boy but he's 'my boy'!!! ;D No way am I deserting him just cos his bike is a little slower than the rest!

Roxy xxx

Chappers
24-06-11, 02:17 PM
Ducati's emphasis is clearly on the 2012 bike so I suspect next year will be more competitive / telling. I can't help thinking this weekend's new chassis is really for the 2012 1l bike too.

Cracking effort from Cal. Even pushing his bike back to the pits post-session :-?

Moto2 on now :) Not much work done today... ::)

Moo
24-06-11, 02:35 PM
Dont forget the Assen race is on Saturday if you want to watch it live!!!

Dabz
24-06-11, 02:38 PM
Cal's done well but must admit I've gone right off him after his posts on twitter since the injury -such a moaning bastard, completely unlike the other guys on there!

Snowy
24-06-11, 02:58 PM
Can you not post up who wins as I want to watch it Sunday night. Please, pretty please......

Roxy
24-06-11, 03:04 PM
Can you not post up who wins as I want to watch it Sunday night. Please, pretty please......

+1 please

Thank you

Squashed_Fly
24-06-11, 03:21 PM
Beginning to think picking Rossi for my fantasy team was not such a good idea. That's twice now he's qualified behind Nicky Hayden, who is supposedly on the poorer of the 2 bikes.

So much for the 'radical new' bike that Rossi was supposed to be on this weekend...

Has the goat had his day? I hope not, but considering how he transformed the Yamaha into a winning bike from it's first race, you'd think he would be a little more competitive by now on the Duke... Plenty of time has gone by now and they've ridden it in all conditions so should have found good settings if he can at all.

Scotty
24-06-11, 04:51 PM
I think that Rossi's comparative "troubles" on the Ducati show just what a damn good rider Stoner actually is... Rossi's managed a single podium on a bike that Stoner would win on regularly, and that was gifted to him at Le Mans by Pedrosa crashing and Simoncelli getting a ride-through penalty. I imagine he's finding it a lot more difficult than he expected to, and he's probably developed a new-found respect for Stoner and what he actually achieved on the thing...
I didn't see today's qualifying, was it wet?

Squashed_Fly
24-06-11, 05:14 PM
Looked dry to me, but I was only half watching it as I was working in the background...

NoYou
24-06-11, 05:46 PM
Has the goat had his day? I hope not, but considering how he transformed the Yamaha into a winning bike from it's first race, you'd think he would be a little more competitive by now on the Duke... Plenty of time has gone by now and they've ridden it in all conditions so should have found good settings if he can at all.
The thing with rossi is a lot of his ability is in getting the bike set up properly, yes he's an amazing rider too, you can't get to be a 9 time champ without being, but with the yam, he started with a competative bike and made it amazing whereas with the pukeati he's started with a bike that wasn't working... on any level, it only did what it did last year because Stoner was riding it, look where Hayden was last year on the same bike!
The way I think they're trying to work it is by writing this year off as a flop and getting the 2012 bike tuned to perfection with the info from this year, by the end of this season nobody is going to be taking much notice of the dukes because they're not really a threat and then suddenly next year they'll come back with a suprise attack, while everyone else has been focoused on this season duke have been focoused on next so have a years head start.
Geo

Col
25-06-11, 12:27 PM
;D ;D ;D I very much doubt that is going to be the case G3o ;D ;D

Nooj
25-06-11, 07:10 PM
I think Geo's right, Ducati have realised they stand little chance of any more podiums this year so are starting to concentrate on next year's bike to get a head start.

Col
26-06-11, 01:35 AM
:-? you can bet your bottom dollar that all the other teams are also 'on the case' for next season with the litre engines not just our Ducati friends

Col
26-06-11, 08:42 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D Assen ;D ;D ;D ;D

Big Hair 'n Lorenzo on 4th corner .... totally roflmfao!!!!!..but superb ride from Lorenzo after. Spies gifted nearly 3 secs and added to advantage throughout for a great 7.7 sec , and overdue, win. With this it'll give him a good boost for rest of races.

Further to comments on Ducati it appears they are now using next years frame anyway :-?

StreetHippo
26-06-11, 08:49 PM
New/old Yam paint scheme is proper lush!!

Stu 8-)

Roxy
27-06-11, 12:01 PM
Pleased with 4th for my boy [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] This year we will mainly be testing next years bike I think Mr Ducati LOL. Gutted for Cal though, I bet he was really pissed off >:( Cracking ride by Spies, having been gifted the 3 second lead after the spill between Marco & Lorenzo (am I allowed to put a smiley on here now??? ;D ;) :) :D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'( LOL...my God, I bet Lorenzo does not shut up about that for weeks!!!) he managed to keep the gap with ease and a bit more! Great Podium for him. Stoner awesome as ever (I still don't like him ;D) but he had a great ride with Dovi for the Hondas, not much is going to stop them this year I fear ::)

Had to laugh at Lorenzo riding straight past his garage in Pit Lane...what a tool!!!!! ;D

Bring on Mugello!!! GO ROSSI GO!

Roxy

Chappers
27-06-11, 01:46 PM

Stu 8-)

+1

For the r1, no paint scheme can cover up that hideous (imo!) front and rear, but putting that colour scheme on the prod bikes wouldn't do any harm.

Roxy
27-06-11, 01:48 PM

Stu 8-)

+2

I like!!!!

Chappers
27-06-11, 01:52 PM
Felt sorry for SSB. Nothing reckless or wrong in what he did, just one of those things, but of all the people he was going to take out, it had to be ... ;D ;D

oh, and after being the only rider to reject the softer Bridgestone!! :-[ :-[ ::)

Fantastic ride from Cal and the picture he posted of Edwards' tyre after the race showed the problem.

For me the Brit of the weekend was certainly Smith. He's looking really solid on that T3 now and yesterday's podium puts him up to 4th in the championship.

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] Go Casey!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Chappers
27-06-11, 01:56 PM
Edwards' tyre:
http://yfrog.com/h4fcrjrj

:o

Roxy
27-06-11, 01:56 PM
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] Go Vale!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

LOL

jaagsxr
27-06-11, 02:23 PM
:exclamation [smiley=beer.gif] GO colins team mate err whats his name [smiley=beer.gif]

oh and vale you need an early [smiley=bath.gif]

Squashed_Fly
27-06-11, 02:25 PM
Edwards' tyre:
http://yfrog.com/h4fcrjrj

:o

Bloody hell! It's in a right mess!

It was a good race for Spies, but imo, quite a boring one to watch. Might have been some good racing if MS & JL hadn't had their offs, but definately the ride of the day was owned by Lorenzo. To come off like that, remount, and still make 6th position, was fantastic. Was surprised to see that Stoner couldn't make more of an inroads into Spies.

Rossi still circulating in or around 6th (he only got 4th because of the crash up ahead). Thought this new chassis was meant to give them some fantastic advantage. But they didn't get too much dry testing time, so fingers crossed it delivers the goods in Mugello. It would be great to see Rossi make the podium, without having to award it to wet weather, or riders crashing out in front.

Bring on next weekends racing!

Roxy
27-06-11, 02:39 PM
:exclamation [smiley=beer.gif] GO colins team mate err whats his name [smiley=beer.gif]

oh and vale you need an early [smiley=bath.gif]

;D ;D ;D

Loved the interview with Edwards on the BBC...classic!

Chappers
27-06-11, 02:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012bwqy/MotoGP_2011_Round_7_Assen/

from 00:09:10

;D

Nooj
28-06-11, 01:00 AM
The state of that tyre is frighting!

Have to say (along with many others) Moto2 is much more interesting and exciting that the 'main' race with only 16 to a grid. I was hoping for some really compelling viewing this year with the new faces in the pack, but so far all the excitement seems to have been caused by the weather rather than the riders. Though it is fun to try and guess how and where SSB will fall off each week.

Roxy
01-07-11, 09:20 PM
Though it is fun to try and guess how and where SSB will fall off each week.

SSB Rules!!!! ;D ;D

Mugello........
GO ROSSI GO!!

Roxy ;)

wiltshire builders
02-07-11, 05:54 PM
If today was anything to go by Lorenzo has got it in the bag. He was noticably quicker in practice and broke the lap record.

Col
03-07-11, 09:45 AM
I can hardly contain my excitement after the last spectacle ::) Wonder if Ladbrokes will take a bet on Big Hair actually finishing ? ;D...that is without falling orf

Last Train
03-07-11, 09:59 AM
I can hardly contain my excitement after the last spectacle ::) .....

;D ;D

NoYou
03-07-11, 02:08 PM
Great races all round, 125s was a bit predictable but moto2 was probably the best race so far this season great, ride by smith and I think things are only going to get better for him. He's keeping pace with what are considered superior bikes in good conditions, he now 3rd in the points and we've finaly got a brit to cheer on again xD
Motogp race was I think as good as we`re going to see with the grid as small as it is t current really good ride from rossi seems like things are improving, all be it slowly! Really bad luck for cal but he's shown he has the pace of the faster half of the grid he just needs the bike to stop chewing up tyres so fast and we may have competative brits in 2 classes come next season! We can only hope :D
Geo

Roxy
17-07-11, 10:39 AM
Go Rossi Go!!

Do what you can Vale, I'll support you whatever!

Roxy x

Geordie Stu
17-07-11, 04:34 PM
For me the ride of the day goes Alvro Bautista on the Suzuki. He was having an epic battle with Rossi & Hayden.

Rossi & Ducati are building for next year don't think he's too concerend about this year. What is it with Stoner & tyres..? I thought all riders had the same tyres from the same supplier. Pedrosa seem to manage his tyres same with Lorenzo is it the way Stoners rides & needs to manage his tyres better..?

Roxy
17-07-11, 10:59 PM
For me the ride of the day goes Alvro Bautista on the Suzuki. He was having an epic battle with Rossi & Hayden.

+1
Just watched the race on iPlayer...cracking battle with Bautista, Hayden and Rossi pretty much the whole race [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Pip Squeak had a great ride [smiley=thumbup.gif] Stoner had that Honda riding more like a dirt track bike around the corners ;D and I didn't think Lorenzo was going to get past him but he did on the last corner!!! :D Gutted for Cal, he was pretty hard on himself after the race - keep going!!!!!

All in all, great race, my boy did good considering it's all about the development (Hurry Back JB!)....bring on Leguna Seca!!

Go Rossi Go!!!!!

Roxy xx

Scotty
18-07-11, 11:38 PM
Madam, as you are normally quite a stickler for correct spelling and grammar I thought it only right to illuminate a couple of faux pas:

...my boy did good well considering.... good is the adjective, well is the adverb.

Bring on Laguna Seca... Tut! Sloppy....

Now write them both out one hundred times.

Forgive me, couldn't resist..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
19-07-11, 07:37 AM
Madam, as you are normally quite a stickler for correct spelling and grammar I thought it only right to illuminate a couple of faux pas:

...my boy did good well considering.... good is the adjective, well is the adverb.

Pedant! :D

Roxy
19-07-11, 08:10 AM

you makes I larf you does!!! ;D ;D

I'll get the pencil and paper out! ;)

Roxy xx
I loves Rossi I do! :-*
must have been having a bumpkin day! :D

Roxy
26-07-11, 10:20 AM
Another cracking ride by the whinging Aussie, hats off to him. Would have liked to see Lorenzo fight back a bit more rather than just let him go but I guess he was hurting quite a bit after his spill. Another podium for Pip Squeak too, seems the break has paid off and he is back fighting again.

Marco Marco Marco.... :( come on dude, sort it out! ;D I want to see you on the podium. Crutchlow off again... ::) serious problems with the front end or just not good enough to cut it with the moto gp boys? :( really want to see him do well this year so disappointed to see him come off again.

My boy finished 6th..WHOOP WHOOP!!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]GO Rossi GO! had to fight to Keep Hayden behind him though and on the GP11 bike too, hmmmmm GP11.1 ;D needs some serious JB/VR fairy dust!! Lets hope with the summer break the fairies get to work on the duke!

Vale 'JB, I neeeed more!!!'
JB 'yes sir of course, I'll get straight on it' lol
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/roxychick72/IneeeedmoreJB.jpg

Love watching Laguna Seca, great circuit and one that I would love to visit...WB trip? ;D

Roxy x

Dabz
26-07-11, 12:31 PM
that corkscrew looks awesome!

Great to see my guy Stoner doing well :D (a good random selection in the fantasy road race I think!)

Blackandchrome
26-07-11, 12:39 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/pocapora/20080510sicfumetto_G.jpg
Simoncelli meets Vidal Sasoon! ;D

Scotty
26-07-11, 01:10 PM
Love watching Laguna Seca, great circuit and one that I would love to visit...WB trip? ;D

WB Trip? Would that be leaving from the Fart & Clown or Trowbridge McDonalds? :-? :-? :-? ;)

Roxy
26-07-11, 01:12 PM

WB Trip? Would that be leaving from the Fart & Clown or Trowbridge McDonalds? :-? :-? :-? ;)

;D ;D ;D

Snowy
26-07-11, 01:16 PM
I'm in - are we camping? ;D

Roxy
26-07-11, 01:22 PM
leader and back marker needed!

I nominate you Big G! ;)

Roxy xx

Snowy
26-07-11, 01:27 PM

I nominate you Big G! ;)

Roxy xx

No worries....Death Valley here we come..... ;D

Scotty
26-07-11, 01:34 PM
Back to the race, it was pretty dull really, notable for only a few good things like Stoner's bold passes on Pedrosa and Lorenzo, and plenty of less good stuff like being processional for endless laps, having only about thirteen finishers, two of whom got lapped, and too many fallers for a dry race.
I did wonder who allocates the grid passes, seeing all those dopey "celebs" wandering around without a clue what was going on or who they were looking at... ::)

Hopefully Brno will be a bit more exciting, lovely flowing track, and maybe the post-race test session will help the Ducati team make some progress and at elast elevate their riders from mid-pack obscurity, the novelty of which I am sure has worn off for VR... :-?

Roxy
26-07-11, 01:36 PM
Back to the race, it was pretty dull really, notable for only a few good things like Stoner's bold passes on Pedrosa and Lorenzo, and plenty of less good stuff like being processional for endless laps, having only about thirteen finishers, two of whom got lapped, and too many fallers for a dry race.
I did wonder who allocates the grid passes, seeing all those dopey "celebs" wandering around without a clue what was going on or who they were looking at... ::)

Hopefully Brno will be a bit more exciting, lovely flowing track, and maybe the post-race test session will help the Ducati team make some progress and at elast elevate their riders from mid-pack obscurity, the novelty of which I am sure has worn off for VR... :-?

::) tut tut tut

Roxy x ;) ;D

Scotty
26-07-11, 01:47 PM
oh bollocks! >:( >:( >:(

Roxy
26-07-11, 01:49 PM
mmmmwaha ha ha ha ha [smiley=evil.gif]

Roxy x ;)

Squashed_Fly
26-07-11, 04:33 PM
Laguna Seca? Corkscrew?

We can do better than that - we have FISH HILL!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thought Stoners pass was awesome, but I didn't think he was going to get it stopped in time!

Roxy
26-07-11, 04:41 PM

I nominate you Big G! ;)

Roxy xx

No worries....Death Valley here we come..... ;D

would take a bit to get across the pond though, not sure the Ars6 is waterproof :-/ ...but I'm sure the GS has something in the boxes to cater for the wet stuff ;) ;D

Roxy xx

Snowy
26-07-11, 05:34 PM
Nah, lets do it in style, fly to Vegas, hire the Harley's and take a tour round the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite and Bakersfield.

One of my must do's in life.... :D ;D

Roxy
26-07-11, 05:42 PM
I like all of that apart from the Harley bit!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/WildCat69/banners/si-ChopperBike.gif

Snowy
26-07-11, 05:55 PM
I like all of that apart from the Harley bit!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/WildCat69/banners/si-ChopperBike.gif

I know Roxy, but you have to try and keep an open mind with these things. ;D

By the way, after the race we will head up highway 1 (great road) through Carmel and Santa Cruz to drop the bikes off in San Fransisco. Or just keep going north to Lake Tahoe, maybe get some skiing in ;D

Scotty
26-07-11, 06:02 PM
If doing a foreign GP I'd prefer to do Jerez, Catalunya, Mugello or Brno (or Assen, shame they don't go to Spa any more :'()... no septics! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] They're all a bit of a trek to get to, and the weather isn't as predictable as Laguna (don't think I've ever seen a wet race from there, it has to be counted in its favour)... :-?

It'll have to be on the "must do" list sometime...

SF - we have our own proper corkscrew - it's at Anglesey on the Coastal circuit and it's ace!

NoYou
18-09-11, 12:16 PM
Reviving this thread after the first proper race of the season comes out of Moto2, Just WOW! Can we have some more of that please :D we need less people thinking and more people just going at it hammer and tongs!

Scotty
18-09-11, 03:59 PM
Reviving this thread after the first proper race of the season comes out of Moto2.....
This must be the first race you've watched then Geo, aside from the habitual MotoGP procession behind Stoner there have been plenty of good races in the 125 and Moto2 classes this season ::)

NoYou
18-09-11, 04:14 PM
Reviving this thread after the first proper race of the season comes out of Moto2.....
This must be the first race you've watched then Geo, aside from the habitual MotoGP procession behind Stoner there have been plenty of good races in the 125 and Moto2 classes this season ::)
There have been very few that have been memorable tbh, there have been a couple of close races but its always been between the same 3-4 people and have for the most part been quite predictable.

Rabb
18-09-11, 04:25 PM
Moto 2 - what a great race today was!
More interesting than the GP!
Go....go....go... Bautista

wiltshire builders
18-09-11, 04:29 PM
There have been very few that have been memorable tbh, there have been a couple of close races but its always been between the same 3-4 people and have for the most part been quite predictable.
Yeah watching Brad Smith swapping places every lap to grab a podium was boring as f#ck! ;D

NoYou
18-09-11, 04:40 PM
Yeah watching Brad Smith swapping places every lap to grab a podium was boring as f#ck! ;D
I'm not saying the rest of the season has been boring i'm just saying that most of the races have been very slit up and the question has only been which one of those 2 will come out on top not which 3 of those 10 will come out on top! which for me makes it much more fun to watch that just seeing 2 or 3 people slog it out to come out on top

SupeRDel
18-09-11, 05:22 PM
Bradley Smith was offered the Tech3 ride in MotoGP and turned it down.. :-?

Squashed_Fly
18-09-11, 08:45 PM
Bradley Smith was offered the Tech3 ride in MotoGP and turned it down.. :-?

Fairplay to him - it would have been easy to go straight into Moto GP, but opting to get more experience, and hopefully a championship behind him takes a lot of guts and maturity.

Best of luck to him for next season, and hopefully when he does comethrough to the premier class, he'll be much better for it.

Besides, next year will be mostly testing for the teams to get data. Everyone is going into it with no idea what's going to happen, and the claiming rules should make things interesting. I still don't really understand how it works, other than if a team wins, another team can buy the engine and the winning team can't say no.... Something along those lines.... Maybe someone can confirm/explain better?

SupeRDel
19-09-11, 06:30 AM
Most of the teams have been testing 2012 bikes since the start of the year. I have photos of Rossi on the new Ducati back from April

SupeRDel
20-09-11, 06:36 AM
I spoke to Bradleys manager yesterday - they were still negotiating.

New news......

Bradley Smith has signed a new deal with Tech 3, which will see the Englishman remain in Moto2 next year - then move to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 MotoGP team for 2013 and 2014.

The 20-year-old Englishman, a former 125cc title contender, has taken three podiums in his first Moto2 season, including a best of second position in his home race at Silverstone.

Smith has also claimed four other top six finishes and with four rounds of the campaign left, he remains firmly in the hunt for third position in the overall standings.

“I am thrilled to have signed a three-year deal with the Tech 3 Racing Team and I am looking forward to continuing the excellent relationship we've developed in 2011," said Smith.

Roxy
25-10-11, 03:54 PM
Not watched the race from Sepang as I was away at the weekend. I have no desire to watch it now. Felt sick to the core when I heard the news on Sunday, such a tragic way to lose a young rising star.

Marco Simoncelli was a fantastic racer, born with something extra, a talent to ride, a passion for bikes and a pleasure to watch race. I for one will miss him greatly. He was my Rossi in waiting. He made Moto GP a thrill to watch.

A quote from Matt Roberts sums it up - 'Motorcycle racing brought Marco Simoncelli to his death but it also brought him to life and you can rest assured that he would not have lived it any other way'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattroberts/2011/10/memories_of_marco.html

R.I.P Marco, #58 will be missed by all. :(

Roxy xx

Roxy
04-11-11, 10:10 AM
Valencia - Last race of the season is upon us and it's been a very strange one this year.

Congrats to Stoner for taking the title, really wanted to see a bit more of a battle for it but hey ho. The Honda came out of the blocks on fire this year so I was not really that surprised.

Lorenzo, pity he has missed the last few races due to injury, really wanted to see it go down to the wire with Stoner but it was not meant to be.

Have enjoyed watching Crutchlow, when he can stay on the thing! Let's hope he continues to improve next year.

Bautista has impressed me so I hope he continues next year.

My boy was disappointing, one thing after another and to be honest it was over before it started as he never really bonded with the ducati this year - too many issues but I have high hopes for him still and will always remain true to team 46 so look forward to seeing him next year and hope it's a better one!

Capirossi will be retiring after this race, I do love Loris. He has been battered and beaten and he still kept going - but his time has come to stop and enjoy his family...just a shame he never got his 100th Podium (unless he races like a demon this weekend??!). I'm really touched that he wants to ride with #58 for his last race, a lovely tribute.

Valencia will be emotional for everyone and I am sure it will be very hard for those who were close friends with Simoncelli. I am, in a way, glad we only have one race left. His death was a terrible accident and I am sure we will all miss watching him race regardless of whether you liked him or not, he was a great racer and I'm sure his spirit will remain.

For me he had style, he rode with aggression and at times he was hounded for it but to me that's racing, his desire to be the best was obvious and I loved to watch him battle and mix it up with the others. He was a Champion in waiting in my eyes and Moto Gp will be a quiet place without him.

Here's to next year, a few changes with bikes up to 1000cc, teams and riders. I look forward to it but I also hope and pray it's a safe season and that we never have to witness another tragedy like we did at Sepang.

Roxy xxx

Scotty
04-11-11, 06:36 PM
A very eloquent summary of the season Roxy, sadly a season that is memorable for the wrong reason :'(

I do recall predicting a Stoner championship win earlier in the year, but I didn't expect him to dominate it in the way that he did. Nobody could have expected Rossi to have had such a struggle on the Ducati. Just how different it is to the bike that Stoner could regularly win on I suppose we'll never know, but it certainly hasn't appeared to be an improvement. Most of us have a new-found respect for Stoner and what he managed to achieve when he was on it. Hopefully when it's got the 1000cc engine back in it, it will steer more like it should do. There's normally a test session on the Monday following the Valencia races, it'll be interesting to see who goes well in that one when it happens.
It's a shame that even with the new rules and more bikes on the grid there won't be any more British riders in the top class (at least not as far as I'm aware, I'm not sure what Scott Redding's doing next season yet). As usual, most of the British talent in international racing is confined to sodding proddy bikes, and the GP circus continues without being troubled by the likes of Rae, Camier, Laverty, Haslam, Davies... Oh well, fingers crossed for 2013 then.

Fingers also crossed for some good racing this weekend, and nobody getting hurt :)

Scotty
06-11-11, 05:13 PM
Oh well, all over for another season, and considering that the main championships were pretty much all over bar the shouting, there was some pretty decent racing going on.

Top lad, Maverick Viñales in 125s, yet another stellar graduate of the Spanish production line. Personally I've never seen the point of Paris Hilton, but if she's prepared to put money into a GP racing team, then good for her, and it was good to see her on the podium collecting the manufacturer's award on behalf of the team - who knows, her photo up there may even make it to the pages of the vacuous celeb mags, though I dare say that the readership of such trash aren't aware of a Spain beyond bloody Benidorm... ::)

A fitting win for Michele Pirro in Moto2 as well, and Fausto Gresini crying his eyes out on the pit wall was touching to see. A fitting tribute and send-off for SuperSic indeed. Shame that there were so many crashes, including both the Brits, but aside from Takahashi getting a beating in his highside I don't think anyone was too badly hurt.

Andrea Dovisioso is one rider to whom I've never been able to warm. Very much the forgotten rider on the Repsol Honda roster, though it must be said, pretty handy, picking up regular podiums and getting third overall, but never challenging for the top step really, aside from a somewhat fortuitous win at Donington two years ago. Dovi was a vocal critic of Simoncelli's robust riding earlier this year, not waiting for an invitation to wade in with his two penn'orth following the incident with Pedrosa at Le Mans. Had it been SuperSic wandering across his bows and clipping his front wheel, causing a four bike pile-up at the first corner I'm sure he'd have been making a right song and dance about it, but now the boot is metaphorically on the other foot I don't hear anyone making a fuss about his actions this afternoon... Shame that it removed a quarter of the field in one hit, all of whom qualified ahead of Dovi. It was good to see Loris finish, shame that he didn't take the fight to Crutchlow and Abraham when he was catching them up, but with nothing at stake and in his final race, riding with Marco's #58 and with conditions pretty dodgy he took the wise choice of just bringing it home. You have to feel for Ben Spies, catching and passing Stoner and holding him off admirably, to be beaten by 0.015s in a drag to the line must be gutting. I think it was significant that Spies went wide out of the final corner, crossing the painted stripes at either side of the pit-lane entrance, and with the throttle on the stop the bike would have been trying its hardest to spin-up going over the paint, traction control working overtime to stop it doing so. Stoner, on the other hand, stayed tighter and kept it on the tarmac, getting full uninterrupted drive to the line and snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Congratulations to all the worthy champions of 2011, let's hope for a tragedy-free season next year, it's about time we had one.

Correction to previous post; testing next year's bikes starts on Tuesday, there'll be a major piss-up tonight so nobody will be fit for riding and working tomorrow... ;)

Roxy
06-11-11, 07:36 PM
That's it...all over.

Great tribute to Marco. I am sure he would have been smiling down at all of them. To see Schwantz on #58 was great. My first hero on the bike that I thought was going to take me through the next few years of Moto GP when my boy Vale retired but it was not meant to be. :(

Gutted for Rossi, Hayden, R de P and Bautista...they really didn't deserve to all crash out on the first corner. After watching it a few times I don't think it was Bautista's fault but like they say...that's racing ::) Apart from the last lap battle from Spies and Stoner it wasn't that impressive but I really thought Spies had it in the bag....Arghhhhhhhhh! I bet he's gutted.

So pleased Loris made his way to the finish line, a very gingerly ride from him but I think like you said Si he just wanted to bring it home for Marco so you can't blame him for that. :)

Great result for Crutchlow :) and for Dovi to finish 3rd above Pedrosa is sure to rustle some feathers in the garage lol.

Anyway it's all over and in a way I am glad. Here's to 2012!

Roxy x

Roxy
05-04-12, 01:46 PM
The 2012 season is upon us. Looking forward to the new bikes, new riders, new teams and of course not forgetting SuperSic....Let it begin!

Go Rossi Go!
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/guido46/rossi.gif

Roxy x

Mikkie1986
05-04-12, 03:03 PM
The adverts were on the box the other night.... Brought back the ups and downs from last year... :) :(

Cant wait for kick off this weekend though!! :) :) :) :)

Geordie Stu
05-04-12, 05:35 PM
Looking forward to the New season.... ;D ;D

Roxy
09-05-12, 07:21 PM
Stu,

Is that your arse? is that want drinking all that Monster does to you? ;D ;D

Roxy x

flick
09-05-12, 07:33 PM
Stu,

Roxy x

I hope not... ;D

Roxy
09-05-12, 07:35 PM
Stu,

Roxy x

I hope not... ;D

and the thong just isn't his color! ;) ;D ;D

Roxy
23-05-12, 05:27 PM
J and I are just back from Le Mans......

Cracking race and a fantastic 5 days! This was the first race of the season I actually enjoyed, tricky conditions but some great overtaking. :)

...and my boy got 2nd!!!!! Go Rossi Go!

Only 3 weeks to go and I'm off to Silverstone [smiley=laugh.gif]

Roxy x

redken1
08-07-12, 12:00 PM
Could be interesting today with the weather. C'mon Cal!

redken1
08-07-12, 01:58 PM
Stoner must be really gutted with just a few bends to go. Shame Cal overcooked it, he looked like he was challenging for a podium.

Nokesy
08-07-12, 04:25 PM
I don't think 'gutted' comes close Ken!! ;D

NiteW4tcher
08-07-12, 06:47 PM
couldn't believe it nearly fell of sofa

Geordie Stu
09-07-12, 07:07 AM
That was a big suprise. Stoner may be quitting end of the season but he still wants to win & bow out as champion.

spudgun
09-07-12, 10:05 AM
Didn't a Moto GP rider make a comment a few years back about "ambition outweighing talent"?

oh yes, it was Stoner :)

Geordie Stu
09-07-12, 06:07 PM
Didn't a Moto GP rider make a comment a few years back about "ambition outweighing talent"?

oh yes, it was Stoner :)

Rossi made the comment about Stoner after their coming together not sure wear though think Laguna ::)

spudgun
09-07-12, 06:23 PM
It was laguna, but a comment from stoner to rossi

Geordie Stu
09-07-12, 06:28 PM
It was laguna, but a comment from stoner to rossi

I stand corrected [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
09-07-12, 06:30 PM
and it was at Jerez if my memory serves me correct not Laguna Seca when Stoner made the comment. ;)

spudgun
09-07-12, 06:31 PM
and it was at Jerez if my memory serves me correct not Laguna Seca when Stoner made the comment. ;)

And i also stand corrected ;D

Geordie Stu
09-07-12, 06:31 PM
Bugger wrong on both accounts, think I'll shut up ::)

Roxy
09-07-12, 06:38 PM
who's going where for 2013...that's the biggest question!

Cal seems to be dropping very big hints he is off to Ducati, but who's seat is he going to have? Pedrosa has all but signed his next Honda contract, Dovi wants a factory ride but where will he go if Rossi goes back to Yamaha and kicks Spies out, will Honda have Dovi back? will they change both rides and boot Hayden out too? Rookie rule gone so will Marquez move up? so many options...

Personally I think my boy should accept he can't ride or win on the Ducati and go back to Yamaha!!! I hope Mr Audi doesn't change his mind.

Roxy x

Roxy
09-07-12, 06:42 PM
Silverstone was AMAZING, all be it a bit wet and muddy though but not as bad as last weekend for the F1 fans ;D ;D I got to meet my hero Rossi and he signed Alfie's t shirt... [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is just a gorgeous up close as he is on the TV! ;)

Roxy x

Roxy
09-07-12, 06:42 PM
Bugger wrong on both accounts, think I'll shut up ::)

did make me chuckle Stu ;D ;D

x

Scotty
09-07-12, 07:30 PM
Gotta ask myself why Cal would want to ride on a Ducati, especially if the GOAT and Jeremy Burgess can't get the sodding thing rideable. Maybe he should have a test ride before deciding (were that at all possible, sadly not so...) I'd like to be surprised by him being competitive on one but I fear it's more likely he'd go from challenging for a podium to fighting for a top ten finish... :-/

redken1
09-07-12, 07:40 PM
I agree Scotty, it could end up a real backward step for Cal and I hope he doesn't go. Stoner seems to be the ony rider who has been able to tame the Ducati. If Rossi can't manage it after two seasons what makes people think Cal will. Audi may plough extra cash into development, but any positives may take a couple of seasons to relate to the track. It's great to see a British rider knocking-on-the-door - just hope it turns out to be the right decision whatever he decides.

Wes
09-07-12, 08:10 PM
Its a big ask, trying to tame the duke as you say, but its a factory ride over a satellite.

Geordie Stu
10-07-12, 09:05 AM
Rides confirmed for 2013
• Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha)
• Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda)
• Bradley Smith (Tech 3 Yamaha)

Spies looking to extend his contract with Yamaha & Marc Marquez to join LCR Honda.

Col
10-07-12, 02:57 PM
Gotta ask myself why Cal would want to ride on a Ducati, :-/

From what he was saying Sunday there was nowhere for him to go for a factory supported ride and the contracts for 2 years so, perhaps, his idea is to grapple with the Ducati then if it doesn't work out 'be available to listen' to any offers [look for vacancies] at end of contract :-?

Geordie Stu
10-07-12, 05:45 PM
Audi, might but some serious money into developing the bike yet further Audcati...!

lizand
11-07-12, 06:32 PM
Seems that Rossi is on the brink of signing a 2 year Ducati deal. Don't know about you but .................WHY??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roxy
12-07-12, 08:35 AM
Will be interesting if Cal signs for Ducati this weekend (I think that's the dead line for him) whether the media will hot up the rumours as to who's seat he has and whether Vale is leaving. It's a real tricky one. Rossi has said he will make a decision on his future after Laguna Seca and announce at Brno, in interviews he sits firmly on the fence giving nothing concrete away, being attentive and curtious to the Audi bosses who came to see him last weekend but nothing firm from him. He has said that Audi have the money to develop the bike but we all know this will take a long long time and if he only wants to do another 2 seasons in moto gp can they produce a winning bike for him in that time?

As a Rossi fan I would love to see him win another World Championship on the Duke but I really don't think he can do it in the time he has left as that bike is just too far off the pace of the leading pack :( Moving back to Yamaha would give him that chance. Honda have just about closed the door on him now I think with the rookie rule being squashed as Marquez will more than likely step up to take Stoners seat so Yamaha is the only seat left. Media reporting that Ben Spies is about to sign another 2 year deal with Yamaha- hmmm that worries me as he just can't cut the mustard in my opinion and I hope it's just a rumour.

At the end of the day I want to see good racing, my boy on a competitive bike and fighting for the poduim but if Cal signs this weekend it will get the gossips going!!!

Roxy x

Roxy
12-07-12, 09:45 AM
UPDATE:

Marquez has signed for HRC for 2 years as expected so there is one seat left to fight over!!!

If Spies signs his contract it's game over with no more movement, if Cal signs then Hayden is out and Rossi will stay where he is :o,. Tech 3 are left with Smith and Dovi possibily? Hayden can either have Dovi's seat (I doubt it) or go to Honda Gresini. If Redding gets a satalite Duke next year I really hope he does well.

Roxy x

Wes
12-07-12, 06:51 PM
Confirmed Pedrosa and Marquez for the 2013/14 seasons :)

Roxy
16-07-12, 01:51 PM
Happy with 5th :)

Roxy x

Roxy
09-08-12, 01:52 PM
According to the Italian Press today an annoucement will be made shortly!

If my boy heads back to his baby who will take his seat in Ducati...Cal or Dovi???

Roxy x

Roxy
10-08-12, 09:03 AM
It's official...there you have it!!!!!!!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Ducati%20Rossi%20split

Roxy x

Geordie Stu
10-08-12, 09:19 AM
I've also read that after his two years are complete with Yamaha in MotoGP, Rossi will join World Superbike in 2015 aboard the newest Yamaha YZF-R1, Rossi allegedly hoping to become a champion of all classes before he calls it quit.

Roxy
10-08-12, 09:20 AM
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Rossi+back+to+Yamaha

Back with his baby!!!

GO ROSSI GO!!

Roxy x

Moo
10-08-12, 01:28 PM
Hopefully it all works out but this time there can be no blaming the bike, provided of course he gets the same bike as the No1 rider Mr Lorenzo. Did he take the Marlboro cash with him as well?

Snowy
10-08-12, 02:27 PM
Hopefully it all works out but this time there can be no blaming the bike, provided of course he gets the same bike as the No1 rider Mr Lorenzo. Did he take the Marlboro cash with him as well?

To be honest, I just hope whatever happens that the racing gets more interesting to watch than it has been this year. F1 is way ahead in that regard, as least as far as I'm concerned ;)

Roxy
10-08-12, 02:49 PM
With both Lorenzo and now Rossi on Yamaha's I think we will see some great races next year. Tech 3 can't quite get up front but they are close, next year will see Bradley Smith enter the grid...I'm not so sure about that but we will see what he can do. Marquez will take a couple of races to get into the swing of things and then I think it will be all systems go. I agree with you though, it's become pretty boring to watch so I am pleased he has made the decision to give up flogging the Ducati when he just couldn't get to grips with it.

Call it what you want but I think it's the right choice for him. He will bring a main sponsor with him, the races will be a lot more entertaining and exciting and as a brand Yamaha are laughing with them both in the team. Spies was never going to get another ride with them so it was a choice between Rossi, Cal or Dovi....my money was always on Rossi!

I think we will see the rest of the market close up now pretty quickly.

So glad I didn't get Alfie another Rossi Ducati T shirt for next year!! ;D ;D

Roxy x

goz1960
10-08-12, 07:13 PM
Cant wait for next year to see how that pans out.

Senna(Dan)
10-08-12, 08:28 PM
Well I hope Mr Rossi does better next year, the problem he may face is the youg guns knocking at his door!
Dovi and Cal are both class riders but I can't see either going to Ducati as it is not as good as it should be, maybe the Audi money will help them get it more controllable.
I have got to admit that my allegiances have veered to Moto2, Moto 3 and BSB this year as the racing has been some much better.

Geordie Stu
15-08-12, 09:37 AM
Stoner gives it to Rossi for going back to Yamaha & his moaning about the Ducati & has a pop at Burgess for saying he could fix it 80 seconds, its taken 2 years & still not fixed it.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/August/aug1512-stoner-slams-rossi-yamaha-return/

Roxy
15-08-12, 10:25 AM
Stoner has also done his fair share of moaning about things...people in glass houses and all that! Stoner could ride the Ducati and Rossi couldn't...it's old news now!

Roll on 2012 and more exicting racing than we've seen this year!

Roxy x

Snowy
15-08-12, 11:00 AM

Roxy x

You lost a year Roxy? ;D ;D

Oh, and what's with the "exicting racing"?

Roxy
15-08-12, 11:09 AM

Roxy x

You lost a year Roxy? ;D ;D

Oh, and what's with the "exicting racing"?

LOL DOH! ::)

2013 and exciting!!!!! bugger! ;D ;D

Roxy xxx

Geordie Stu
16-08-12, 10:06 AM
They all chuck their toys out their prams once in a while, Just some more than others :P

leecooke1985
19-08-12, 01:31 PM
Cal is doing outstanding this season, he is consistent and I think next year he could be a real contender. Comparing this year to last at least he's finishing races now!! C'mon Cal son.. :)

goz1960
20-08-12, 09:37 AM
Cal is doing outstanding this season, he is consistent and I think next year he could be a real contender. Comparing this year to last at least he's finishing races now!! C'mon Cal son.. :)

What went wrong yesterday? :'(

leecooke1985
20-08-12, 10:06 PM
I'm away and have the race on record so will watch tomorrow. Guessing he didn't do too well.. Lol :(

Geordie Stu
22-08-12, 07:59 PM
It's official: Andrea Dovizioso will join Nicky Hayden to compete for Ducati in the MotoGP World Championship in 2013 and 2014.

Wes
22-08-12, 08:44 PM
Its a good result for dovi, hes had some good finishes and podiums so far this season showing his consistency, just hope he doesnt end up on the long list of decent riders broken by the duke.

leecooke1985
22-08-12, 09:32 PM
Only one guy to tame Ducati and he's retiring end of season. ;)

NiteW4tcher
26-08-12, 01:53 PM
and that ladies and gents was some outstanding racing.....pedrosa stuffed lorenzo awesome

goz1960
26-08-12, 09:01 PM
come on Cal

Geordie Stu
28-08-12, 11:45 AM
Not seen the race's yet. Shall make for good viewing even though I know the results ::)

Wes
28-08-12, 08:31 PM
Good racing, and it looks like Jonny Rea is going to deputize for Stoner if he cant make it to the next race, hes been testing the bike and by all accounts looking good 8-)