PDA

View Full Version : Diesel warning

Nelly
29-08-12, 05:44 PM
There is a huge amount of diesel on the A4 off the top of Derry hill all the way down to Pewsham Village by the lysley. Take care if you're on that road tonight.

Geordie Stu
29-08-12, 06:04 PM
You'd think there'd be no fuel spills due to the rising cost of fuel.
Q Redken ;D

redken1
29-08-12, 06:29 PM
You'd think there'd be no fuel spills due to the rising cost of fuel.
Q Redken ;D

Who cares Stu? Probably down to benefit scroungers?

wiltshire builders
29-08-12, 07:49 PM
It goes all the way through Pewsham estate and down Avenue lafleche too

Red Zed 1
29-08-12, 09:19 PM
there was also a load spilled in corsham from cross keys junction all the way down to the 1st roundabout..also in melksham,large roundabout just past asda,that one nearly caught me out(strong right leg saved the day)..

Swanny
30-08-12, 10:04 AM
The police should do something about it. Their job is to serve and protect us.

Taylor911
30-08-12, 10:07 AM
The police should do something about it. Their job is to serve and protect us.

Road spillages are a job for the local council not the police.
The police don't have things to deal with spillages, or not the force I work for anyway...

Swanny
30-08-12, 12:45 PM
Ok so what do the police do then when they spot a diesel spill??
Do they inform the council??

Traffic police..... Surely their job is to make sure the roads are safe??

Geordie Stu
30-08-12, 01:33 PM
Could well have been a council lorry or Bus that spilt the Diesel. Seems Ironic that they'd come out to clean there own mess....

Taylor911
30-08-12, 08:57 PM
Ok so what do the police do then when they spot a diesel spill??
Do they inform the council??

Traffic police..... Surely their job is to make sure the roads are safe??

Well, I'd like to think that it would get relayed to the control room whom will contact the council. But there isn't really anything carried in the pandas to deal with the spillages except cones which i guess can be used to temporarily divert traffic. :)

Splash
31-08-12, 12:46 PM
There's a long spillage on Kingsdown Road in Swindon, Upper Stratton...

Stretches from the Bridge over the A419 right down to the traffic lights...covering the entire carriageway... I slipped on it :(

Just called Highways to get it looked at.. or more like ticketed but never actioned!!! :@

Dan505
31-08-12, 03:13 PM
cheers for the heads up Ash, slip off or just slip & slide?

Splash
31-08-12, 05:50 PM
No problem Dan, there is always a lot about on Kingsdown Road, Beechcroft Road and down on Cricklade Road from experience.

No a 'good' wobble thankfully the oil slick stopped, I just don't want anyone else to have a wobble there if I can help it!

Dan505
31-08-12, 07:47 PM
Good man for holding it, yeah i find the wickes roundabout tricky in the mornings

Swanny
31-08-12, 07:56 PM
The bend at Rode is always dodgy, there is a builders yard there, I've slide a couple of times on diesel spilt there >:(

Splash
01-09-12, 12:45 AM
Good man for holding it, yeah i find the wickes roundabout tricky in the mornings

+1 that and the roundabout by the old George Whites building... I was chatting to Paul from Blade Honda in there Honda bit last week, raining at the time and me and him witnessed a Porsche lose its back end there!! Just goes to show!