PDA

View Full Version : Strange request

silly_simon
26-08-12, 07:58 PM
As many of you know i have some serious issues with my back :( :(

I recently sold the fazer 1000 and as much as I resist I will need another bike in the not too distant future,

So could any of the larger capacity cruiser riders give me their thoughts on the riding position
Comfy
Relaxed etc etc
Or even perhaps let me swing a leg over so to speak :-[ :-[
I'm too old now for batting about like a loon and was thinking of something more laid back
IE XVS650 or similar
Would prefer a Yamaha But quite like the look of the Suzuki's aswell :o

Over to you lot ;) ;)

Mitch9128
26-08-12, 08:28 PM
Rocket 3

Dabz
26-08-12, 08:36 PM
Rocket 3

Now that would be awesome, love them

cerruti
26-08-12, 08:48 PM
Im probably going to get shouted down for this but.....

Have you considered a Harley? ;D

Mitch9128
26-08-12, 08:54 PM
Rocket 3

Now that would be awesome, love them

Anything else is ghey.

Dabz
26-08-12, 09:19 PM
The new triumph thunderbird looks nice tho, and a more manageable size

Snowy
26-08-12, 10:06 PM
The new triumph thunderbird looks nice tho, and a more manageable size

Quite like the look of that one myself :)

redken1
27-08-12, 10:12 AM
Was in the Triumph dealers in Carlisle last week on our way to Scotland (Andy, Daddy Cool needed a new rear bulb) when they had an open day.

Have to agree with the above – Triumph has really got their act together across the range. I sat on the Bonny and must admit it felt really comfy Simon.
Agree with you James, the Rocket is just amazing and for me like when Cheryl Cole walks in the room – steals the party. Glad you are feeling a bit better mate and hopefully see you soon.

Senna(Dan)
27-08-12, 10:23 AM
Si have you considered a Victory 8 ball?

Senna(Dan)
27-08-12, 10:33 AM
Si,
How about a victory 8 ball?

Mitch9128
27-08-12, 11:29 AM
Echo echo

These sit up bikes are no better for your back than a fazer, i think you should look at sportsbikes, all your weight is on your wrists then :)

Nikki
27-08-12, 04:19 PM
As many of you know i have some serious issues with my back :( :(

I recently sold the fazer 1000 and as much as I resist I will need another bike in the not too distant future,

So could any of the larger capacity cruiser riders give me their thoughts on the riding position
Comfy
Relaxed etc etc
Or even perhaps let me swing a leg over so to speak :-[ :-[
I'm too old now for batting about like a loon and was thinking of something more laid back
IE XVS650 or similar
Would prefer a Yamaha But quite like the look of the Suzuki's aswell :o

Over to you lot ;) ;)

How much do you want to spend on a bike?

Nikki
27-08-12, 04:35 PM
I'd certainly see if you can test a cruiser before buying one. I love the look of them but they are very different to ride (well I think they are), a very different riding style. I personally dont like the way they handle especially cornering.

Depending on what you want to spend what about something like a Triumph ST...maybe not too much difference to your Fazer though?

Snowy
27-08-12, 05:49 PM
Simon, what number(s) are the vertabrae you have the problem with?

silly_simon
27-08-12, 07:05 PM
Graham
I have a crushed L4 following a full prolapse and a partcial prolapse of L5 :o

Hence all the pain radiating up my spinal column into my neck :( Which in turn causes some pretty unwanted headaches at times.

Thanks all for your input, But I think realistically I will have to wait until the Neuro/Ortho surgeons have seen my results of a discogram I had done to decide wether there is anything that can be done to eradicate the constant pain, Then I might have a better idea of what to do ::) ::)

Nikki
i wouldn't dream of buying without a test first :)

Snowy
27-08-12, 08:01 PM
I'm no expert Simon, but that sounds quite a problem with regards to riding any motorcycle, so as you say, getting some professional advice would be well worth it.

cerruti
27-08-12, 08:32 PM
Simon I can relate and share your pain and frustration.

I had a riding accident years ago which resulted in 3 spinal fractures and compression injuries. I had surgery to fuse L4/L5 and L5/S1 and I am now literally bolted together with titanium. I have very limited movement in my spine/waist and still have significant pain at times but I don't let it deter me.

I have found that any bike that enduces me to lean forward even the slightest, is excruciating to ride... Even the Suzuki Bandit hurt me a lot and Im sure that most would say it was a "sit up and beg" ride :D. The ER6 I can sit bolt upright on and its extremely comfortable even on a longish ride.

The Harley is also very comfortable for me, the forward pegs allow me to stay upright and still relax.

Everybody is different, and every bike is different. Try every bike, thats what I did before I bought anything, I sat on everything in every bike shop I could find. If you can test ride them even better.

If you are local you are welcome to pop round and sit on the kwakas and Harleys we have here if it helps.

Kevinb
28-08-12, 12:59 PM
I'm also looking for a cruiser. Must be 1500cc plus and about £5.5k

silly_simon
28-08-12, 05:51 PM
Simon I can relate and share your pain and frustration.

I had a riding accident years ago which resulted in 3 spinal fractures and compression injuries. I had surgery to fuse L4/L5 and L5/S1 and I am now literally bolted together with titanium. I have very limited movement in my spine/waist and still have significant pain at times but I don't let it deter me.

I have found that any bike that enduces me to lean forward even the slightest, is excruciating to ride... Even the Suzuki Bandit hurt me a lot and Im sure that most would say it was a "sit up and beg" ride :D. The ER6 I can sit bolt upright on and its extremely comfortable even on a longish ride.

The Harley is also very comfortable for me, the forward pegs allow me to stay upright and still relax.

Everybody is different, and every bike is different. Try every bike, thats what I did before I bought anything, I sat on everything in every bike shop I could find. If you can test ride them even better.

If you are local you are welcome to pop round and sit on the kwakas and Harleys we have here if it helps.

Many thanks for the offer Hun :-*
May just take you up on it next week as i'm on Holiday :) :)

redken1
28-08-12, 07:12 PM
Not sure it’s what you are thinking about Simon. As I’m considering changing the Fazer I went on a reconnaissance mission to Fowlers today and couldn’t help but notice the massive discount price of the Triumph 1050 GT - £8800 on the road with full panniers kit.

A bargain at the same price as the Honda Dullville – I’m only guessing, but Triumph may be clearing the showrooms to make way for the much anticipated arrival of the new Trophy. Interestingly, the Triumph salesman was unable to confirm as to whether or not the GT was being discontinued.

Cheese and onion bargeget was awesome!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ps booked a test ride on the new Honda Integra

silly_simon
28-08-12, 07:29 PM
Crikey Ken
I Haven't won the Lottery ... Yet ;) ;)

redken1
28-08-12, 07:34 PM
Crikey Ken

Sorry mate - nevermind maybe useful info for soeone else. Saw a minted 03 Fazer today - still a bit pricey at £3500 though with 15k.

Snowy
28-08-12, 07:47 PM
Not sure it’s what you are thinking about Simon. As I’m considering changing the Fazer I went on a reconnaissance mission to Fowlers today and couldn’t help but notice the massive discount price of the Triumph 1050 GT - £8800 on the road with full panniers kit.

A bargain at the same price as the Honda Dullville – I’m only guessing, but Triumph may be clearing the showrooms to make way for the much anticipated arrival of the new Trophy. Interestingly, the Triumph salesman was unable to confirm as to whether or not the GT was being discontinued.

Cheese and onion bargeget was awesome!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ps booked a test ride on the new Honda Integra

The days are numbered on the 1050 triple engine. I noticed last year they were really discounting the 1050 Tigers as well. Bargain if you're not looking for the latest incarnation.

silly_simon
28-08-12, 08:23 PM
Crikey Ken

Sorry mate - nevermind maybe useful info for soeone else. Saw a minted 03 Fazer today - still a bit pricey at £3500 though with 15k.

Yikes that is very overpriced mate :o

I sold mine for £2500 with a whisker under 17k but in excellent cond. But obviously there was no warranty or overheads on mine :)

Thorkill_The_Tall
28-08-12, 08:28 PM
There's a chap who lives in the Trowbridge area who has a Guzzi 1100 sport, which always has a tank bag strapped to it.
It turns out that he has a back problem and always has a washing up bowl in the bag, which he uses to lean on and take the weight off his back while he's riding.

10 out of 10 for dedication 8-)

cerruti
28-08-12, 09:54 PM
There's a chap who lives in the Trowbridge area who has a Guzzi 1100 sport, which always has a tank bag strapped to it.
It turns out that he has a back problem and always has a washing up bowl in the bag, which he uses to lean on and take the weight off his back while he's riding.

10 out of 10 for dedication 8-)

That is an awesome idea! Although I think I would pad it with a cushion or something ::)

I do sometimes rest on my tank (on the kwaka) if Im getting tired or my pain is bad

Geordie Stu
30-08-12, 01:40 PM
Have a chat with Mark about a V Max or take a Ducati Diavel for a test ride.

Get yourself up to Fowlers & Kwak Bristol take a couple for test rides

silly_simon
01-09-12, 08:07 PM
Have a chat with Mark about a V Max or take a Ducati Diavel for a test ride.

Get yourself up to Fowlers & Kwak Bristol take a couple for test rides

Hate the Ducati and not overly keen on the V-Max :D

Besides It wont be a New machine as I drive a lorry for a living< I'm not an MP or owt ;D ;D