PDA

View Full Version : Sun shield

Nikki
31-08-12, 11:03 PM
Came across this by accident and it looks quite good.

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/SUNAX_Classic_Motorcycle_Helmet_Sun_Guards?sc=22&c ategory=-122

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/sunax-sunshield/

Just wondered if anyone has one or has tried one?

wiltshire builders
01-09-12, 12:46 AM
£25 for something that is tricky to install and might not fit my helmet?
No thanks. I'll stick to my tinted visors.

Dabz
01-09-12, 07:08 AM
Tinted visor for me :)

Wes
01-09-12, 07:55 AM
Even with a tinted visor a low sun can be just as bad, you can buy adhesive strips for the inside of the visor, which would be a cheaper option.

Mitch9128
01-09-12, 08:07 AM
A strip of electricians tape would be considerably cheaper, i personally don't wear anything other than black visors, unless it's dark.

Snowy
01-09-12, 08:08 AM
I would have thought the problem with these would be how they affect your eyeline. It looks like the bottom of the strip would be where you're looking up the road. I have a Schubert helmet with the internal sun visor which works very well IMO.

Geordie Stu
01-09-12, 08:41 AM
Clear visor with a tinted pinlock insert works for me

Swanny
01-09-12, 09:19 AM
The reviews are good. I reckon if you had an old dark tinted visor you could make your own.

bobf279
01-09-12, 02:17 PM
I use a strip of vinyl sunshade that you would normally fit to the inside of a car windscreen. About an inch wide fitted across the top of my visor on the outside doesn't move and because it is graduated you can see through some of it. Oh and it only costs about £3 a roll on ebay which would probably last a lifetime

voodoo
01-09-12, 10:12 PM
a good idea but looks like a right PITA to be honest. think I'll be sticking with my internal visor

Kelpie
02-09-12, 07:35 AM
I occassionally use a tinted visor but not fond of it as my ride outs often run over schedule and tinted visors in anything but bright conditions are a no no for me. God knows bright conditions are a rarity here in Ireland of late!

I bought a photo-sensitive pinlock at the NEC a couple of years ago and while it won't block out low, direct sunlight, neither will a tinted visor. It's still pretty good though.

My next lid will be a Shark with the small flip down tinted visor. I have a Caberg lid with one which works brilliantly, but the rain poors down the inside of the main visor and is a flipping nuisance!

wiltshire builders
02-09-12, 01:59 PM
it won't block out low, direct sunlight, neither will a tinted visor. It's still pretty good though.

My black Arai visor does

flick
02-09-12, 02:44 PM
I occassionally use a tinted visor but not fond of it as my ride outs often run over schedule and tinted visors in anything but bright conditions are a no no for me.

My next lid will be a Shark with the small flip down tinted visor.

I have one of those Shark lids with the small flip down tinted visor.Very good too,saves changing visor's over when it's dark.

Swanny
02-09-12, 06:28 PM
My LS2 has the flip down visor. I was going to get either a Arai or Shoei but the thing that puts me off is no flip down