PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Farquhar retires

Wes
31-08-12, 09:31 PM
For those who follow the road races, you may know that Ryans uncle,Trevor Furguson died after an accident on Wednesday at the Manx GP riding one of Ryans KMR Kawasaki machines in the supertwin race. Following this event, Ryan, who is the most successful Irish national road racer, has decided to call it a day , saying hes no longer willing to take the risks involved in road racing. A sad day indeed on both accounts, thoughts are with them all.

goz1960
31-08-12, 09:45 PM
Well put and as you say are thoughts are with the family.

wiltshire builders
01-09-12, 12:48 AM
Oh no, that's awful.
Is he still going to prep race twins or is that him out of the game completely?

SupeRDel
01-09-12, 04:55 PM
Ryan's own words......

‘What I have witnessed in the past 24 hours I’ve never seen before. It’s the people who are left behind who suffer the most. This is a sport I love but I can’t risk putting my family through something like that any more – I have to think of them.

Kelpie
02-09-12, 07:28 AM
Understandably this has made big news over here in Ireland where there is a huge following for the road racing. It's an emotive topic. There have been so many tragic losses over the years and I for one, question if road racing can continue to be justified. I stopped going a couple of years back when another tragedy seemed to be almost inevitable.

I've ridden in the funeral and tribute rides and seen and met their families who understand why the lads do what they do, but it does little to lessen their terrible grief.

BB
03-09-12, 02:07 PM
We were in the grandstand when the lights came on but only one bike came home, awful to watch them waiting in the pit lane.

Our sympathies to all concerned.

BB