PDA

View Full Version : Calne Bike Show 2013

SupeRDel
06-09-12, 07:02 PM
For some reason I have been contacted by the organisers of the Calne bike show. The committee has the first meeting about it tonight.

They wanna keep the spririt of the event as it is.

Anyone got any ideas how it could be improved?

Personally I think they should ditch the expensive fun fair and use that area for bike parking.

Dabz
06-09-12, 08:06 PM
Yup ditch the gimmicks and concentrate on the bikes. Scrap the bowood bit. Other than that, keep it as it is, great show :)

SupeRDel
07-09-12, 12:49 PM
Bowood bit was too do with Bowood and not the Rotary club.

If his lordship thought he could make money out of bikers he would have a bike event. Don't think that will happen now as the ride to Bowood was a flop.

They are thinking of a celebrity guest (Fogerty was mentioned as an example... :o)

Dabz
07-09-12, 01:12 PM
thing with a celeb guest is that there's too many people at the even so you'd never get chance to meet him unless you wasted time queuing...I'm not sure what value that'd add to the event anyway. Now something like a stunt show (like at the BikeSafe day) or Talan doing demos and letting people try the bikes would be good

Kevinb
07-09-12, 01:15 PM
Needs more trade/dealer stands

Nico_babe
07-09-12, 01:23 PM

Totally agree with Kevinb

Senna(Dan)
07-09-12, 02:45 PM
Could be an idea to get in touch with Honda and see if they will bring down their first ride setup. It means there is fun for all the family

SupeRDel
07-09-12, 04:49 PM

Actually that is one of the ideas they want to improve on

8_ball
07-09-12, 06:03 PM

Actually that is one of the ideas they want to improve on

maybe something for the really small guy how is thinking about running a stall, or a auto jumble ?? that would be a good idea to draw on a crowde that are building bikes... 8-)

Last Train
07-09-12, 07:07 PM
I liked the Bowood jaunt, It's a great way to finish the day off. :)

Not sure what happened to it this year, I never heard departure times over the PA, or seen anyone attempting to lead people in ?. Maybe the organisers never liked the idea and underplayed it ?

Are more trade stands a good idea ?, lots more useless tat to walk by en route to the hog roast ? :D

And the funfair, it makes it more of a family day out I suppose ?

Though more room for bikes is always good.

Tis a crackin day out and right on our doorstep.

Top marks to all who organise it.

8-)

wheelers
07-09-12, 07:55 PM
from our point of view, I was contacted 3 or 4 months before asking if we wanted to advertise in the programme again this year. as the Wiltshire newspapers were ringing up asking for advertising, but nobody contacted us with details of how much, where, how big, what time to be there. etc, maybe there should be someone on the committee in charge of advertising and trade stands. its only the last 2 years that Wilts news has been doing the programme.

gibbo
07-09-12, 08:53 PM
I liked the Bowood Event. Good group playing. Anyone know what they were called?

Col
08-09-12, 08:36 PM
Some pole dancers would be good :P :)

Rabb
08-09-12, 09:23 PM
Some pole dancers would be good :P :)

Yes please!

wheelers
08-09-12, 09:27 PM
yummy

Col
08-09-12, 09:48 PM