PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Bath

A13X4ND7A
03-09-12, 09:22 AM
I work in an office Bath in Miles's Buildings, George Street and currently commute using the train.
It will be far more cost effective for me to ride my 125 here and not to mention the experience I will get doing it.

Aside from not really knowing my way around bath (or how to get here.. yet) I was wondering if anyone knew where I can park and leave my bike all day while I work that's relatively close?

Thanks.

Dabz
03-09-12, 09:25 AM
There's free bike parking on Queens Square, or just off there in what I believe is called Quiet Street :) Failing that bikes are also free (I think) on most of the on-street parking

Swanny
03-09-12, 09:33 AM
Yea parking in Bath is free, so take your pick 8-)

A13X4ND7A
03-09-12, 09:35 AM
I've seen bikes park by a park which is not far away but I didn't see any signs so I was weary of having to leave it there for 8 or 9 hours every day.

Awesome, if its all free then I will definitely find a route and come in on my bike sooner rather than later. ;D

cerruti
03-09-12, 10:24 AM
Please take a disc lock or something - Im always nervous about parking up in town for any lenght of time, especially if your bike is there regularly.

A13X4ND7A
03-09-12, 10:28 AM
Please take a disc lock or something - Im always nervous about parking up in town for any lenght of time, especially if your bike is there regularly.

Yes I will, for definite, I did get one but it doesn't fit my bike so I'm trying to find one that will. I put a chain around it while its parked outside my flat already. So far this year my car got broken into and my push bike has been nicked so the last thing I need is my bike being stolen. >:(

Marmalade
03-09-12, 10:30 AM
Try to lock it to something, maybe the lock of the bike next to you. (not their actual bike)
Keeps you both a little safer as it causes problems for those that would lift it and throw it in a van.

Col
03-09-12, 10:40 AM
See the goon brigade have got rid of the bike park at bog island and got a lump of tarmac pavement there now which is really nowhere near the bus stop for punters--

--obviously initiated by some paper shuffler looking to create the impression they do somat useful in council :-*

yeah plenty of places to shove yer bike--no probs on most streets. Queen SQ. isn't there a road round to where you'll work?

A13X4ND7A
03-09-12, 10:54 AM
yeah plenty of places to shove yer bike--no probs on most streets. Queen SQ. isn't there a road round to where you'll work?

Ahhh I just Googled and Queen Square is the place I've seen the bikes that seems closest to me as I don't think I can park on milsom street. So it will be ok to leave it there everyday you reckon?

Col
03-09-12, 11:02 AM
Well yes it should be absolutely fine but I was thinking that there might be a road by your place of work--to save a walk really. Have you checked around as it must have some access road ?

A13X4ND7A
03-09-12, 11:46 AM
the road I work on isnt a road where vehicles can go. there is a road behind it I think and there is the main road infront of it which has no parking on.

A13X4ND7A
06-09-12, 08:24 AM
So I rode my bike in yesterday and parked on queen Square. Realised I really don't like parking there because of the tight turn around the corner I can see some car hitting me side on knowing my luck. Anywhoo I have a random question which is probably obvious... The other streets I. E milsom street have free parking but it says max stay of one hour... I see other scooters and bikes parked all day but I guess you can still get a ticket if you go over allotted time?

wiltshire builders
06-09-12, 01:38 PM
Opposite the Pig and Fiddle 'garden' is free and only a stones throw from your work. I sometimes use the podium and ride around the barrier.
I'd be loathed to park on Milsom street, there are some awful parkers in Bath.
Don't use the same car park every day either. You should vary it a little.

Yammy
06-09-12, 06:12 PM
Is the cost of parking in Southgate any different for a bike? Or is it all the same? Only ever parked a car in there.

A13X4ND7A
07-09-12, 09:15 AM
I've never even driven a car into Bath, I don't know the area very well at all as I've always caught the train and walked to where I work. If I have to pay to park well I might aswell leave the bike at home and catch the train.

So does anyone know about the 1 hour parking? even if its free for a motorcycle does the time limit still apply?

Geordie Stu
07-09-12, 01:45 PM
I've a few bikes parked in the Under ground car park by the bus station. Free as you can get passed the barrier

Jon_W
10-09-12, 01:31 PM
Wood Street (near queens square) by Stone King solicitors is a favorite or there is a proper bike park on Bog island.

A13X4ND7A
10-09-12, 02:01 PM
Bog Island is miles away from where I work.

I found that there is motorcycle parking in Charlotte Street Car Park. That looks like my best bet I think?

Dabz
10-09-12, 02:17 PM
ahh yeh of course, didn't think of that one! pretty safe too because there's constant footfall going past because it's such a major carpark :)

A13X4ND7A
10-09-12, 02:24 PM
Happy Days, that will do then. She has locks and stuff on her so hopefully that will be ok. I didnt like queen square, when I was wheeling my bike out and trying to get on there was just too much traffic and I didnt feel safe. At least there I can take my time :)

Thanks folks.