PDA

View Full Version : New security device released

Senna(Dan)
18-09-12, 09:58 AM
I have just ordered myself a RoadLok.

These things are better than a disc lock because they don't let you forget that they are on there! The bike wont move anywhere near as far as a disc lock and is fixed to the bike so you don't have to carry that bulky lock about!

They aren't cheap but are well worth the money IMO.

Geordie Stu
18-09-12, 10:06 AM
Dan, On another topic did you get your Headlight issue sorted ?

Senna(Dan)
18-09-12, 10:15 AM
Still awaiting feedback from Blade, I know I am out of the country but they have got my email address so there is no excuse. Really don't want to be chasing it over Christmas.

I have also been emailing MOTOGB to find out what is happening, don't think I am going to get very far with it.
A guy on the MV forum is willing to sell me the whole unit from a bike he is breaking so I might just bite the bullet and hope that if they do come back to me then I can flog both units.

Dan505
18-09-12, 10:15 AM
road Lok (http://www.roadlok.co.uk/how-it-works.html) looks interesting but i'd be concerned with it activating due to the lovely state of our roads with potholes :-/

Mitch9128
18-09-12, 10:28 AM
As useless as a disc lock, but no visual detterent, useless against pikeys with vans. Saw them in FB and thought overpriced tat.

wiltshire builders
18-09-12, 02:21 PM
road Lok (http://www.roadlok.co.uk/how-it-works.html) looks interesting but i'd be concerned with it activating due to the lovely state of our roads with potholes :-/
There's nothing to activate as you carry the locking pin with you.

Looks like a good idea.

wheelers
18-09-12, 02:46 PM
£200 :o

Dan505
18-09-12, 03:12 PM
thought it said you remove the plug rotate the wheel and the spring locks into the disc? whats the stop the plug coming out?

wiltshire builders
18-09-12, 06:03 PM
thought it said you remove the plug rotate the wheel and the spring locks into the disc? whats the stop the plug coming out?
No you remove the plug, insert the locking barrel, rotate the wheel and the locking pin springs into place.

Dan505
18-09-12, 06:10 PM
furry muff, i can't read then :-[

looks like a good idea then if a bit steep in price :)

Swanny
18-09-12, 06:13 PM
Looks good but very expensive

Nooj
18-09-12, 07:48 PM
I was thinking of stocking these as they look like a great idea, impossible to ride away with it on and you don't have to find anywhere to carry it. Very pricey though, most bikers who can afford the bikes these are designed for would still only buy a crappy disk lock just because they're cheap :-/

Mitch9128
18-09-12, 08:01 PM
BUT, they're no more effective than a 'crappy' disc lock, so why would you fork out so much more for an equally **** security device?

Rabb
18-09-12, 08:08 PM
Not for me - I dont like the idea of it locking into the holes in a floating disc. Why has knowone thought of a device to lock into, or around the drive train - makes more sense to me.

voodoo
18-09-12, 08:12 PM
BUT, they're no more effective than a 'crappy' disc lock, so why would you fork out so much more for an equally **** security device?
agreed. good idea but just too pricey

silly_simon
18-09-12, 09:04 PM
Thought as much they are bike specific thats why there expensive :o

goz1960
18-09-12, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a very good idea only drawback looks to be the price.

Swanny
18-09-12, 11:14 PM
Not a problem for me to have my disc lock under my saddle so I'll stick to that

Senna(Dan)
19-09-12, 10:48 AM
It only works on radial brakes, so my order has now been cancelled as they don't make it for either of my bikes >:(

wiltshire builders
19-09-12, 12:05 PM
It only works on radial brakes, so my order has now been cancelled as they don't make it for either of my bikes >:(
Hahahaha! ;D

If you have anymore posts about things that are of no benifit to you, please feel free to share.

Senna(Dan)
19-09-12, 12:54 PM
Well it was frustrating after they told me when I ordered that it definetley would fit.
Think I might look for a ninja next though. :D

wiltshire builders
19-09-12, 12:57 PM
Well it was frustrating after they told me when I ordered that it definetley would fit.
Why I oughta! >:(

Dan505
19-09-12, 12:59 PM

no such bike as a Ninja next! its ninja 250, ninja 600, ninj.....etc etc.... ;D

wiltshire builders
19-09-12, 02:56 PM

no such bike as a Ninja next! its ninja 250, ninja 600, ninj.....etc etc.... ;D
My bug bear with that is my legendary zx10r being tarred with the same brush as a gpz 500 >:(

Anyway, you stick to your all show and no go Italian exotica. Leave the proper bikes for us real men ;)

Dan505
19-09-12, 03:09 PM
i don't ride italian either (neither do the owners half the time)

on a serious note, is the GPZ500 got the ninja 'graphic/badge'?

wiltshire builders
19-09-12, 03:28 PM
i don't ride italian either (neither do the owners half the time)

on a serious note, is the GPZ500 got the ninja 'graphic/badge'?
From 1994 onwards they did.

vinny
21-09-12, 10:21 AM
saw them at the bmf begining of year and they do look pretty good. the thing i liked most was if you forget its on and try to ride of there is a lot less chance of damage, a mate had a normal disc lock which he hardly uses cos dosent go far enough away from his bike, one day we stopped somewhere put his disc lock on several hours later when came back forgot about it got on bike seen a gap in trafic to pull out set of fast for his disc lock to do a full lap of the wheel and make a mess of his caliper and mudguard, wouldnt have happend with a roadlok
but as said by others pretty expensive although my mate did spend more repairing his bike >:(

Nooj
21-09-12, 02:49 PM

A Ninja would be a great theft deterrent. Wouldn't fit under your seat easily though.

Senna(Dan)
21-09-12, 10:02 PM
Nooj,
You got my meaning to a tea, I have discovered that Shinobi is available on the cheap. He has been out of work since the early 90s.