PDA

View Full Version : What's the best bit of kit that you have bought?

Rabb
05-10-12, 07:44 PM
I will start it off.

Spada Rainsuit - best £40 I have ever spent.
Now the reasons why.......

1. Waterproof & warm on cold days.
2. Fit is great.
3. Pockets are waterproof too.
4. Protects my leathers - but it is not sweaty to wear.
5. Packable - wear it around your waist (in it's own built in bag) when not in use.
6. Zips are great - no failures after a year of use.

Recommended - Yep, best £40 you'll ever spend!
Especially after the last season....

Swanny
05-10-12, 07:47 PM
I reckon mine has to be my heated grips
Even though I don't use them in the summer they are heaven to turn on on a long chilly ride

Clothing wise my leather jacket is really comfy and I was awarded a good fashion badge by some girls whilst walking around Bath one day ;D

Loops
05-10-12, 07:54 PM
The actually waterproof (instead of apparently waterproof that they replaced) Hein Gerrick jacket and trousers! Being warm and dry makes such a difference...

Gooz
05-10-12, 08:05 PM
On a similar thread to swanny, my arai helmet, had others in the past including freebies from work, but by far the lightest and most comfortable ive tried, no neck ache or strain when being a little indulgent with the throttle and peace of mind too top buy for be. on the flip side the worst i ever bought were sealskins socks............. feckin horrid things, feel too tight in boots and make your feet feel slimey, considering their supposed to be breathable my feet feel strangled.

Nelly
05-10-12, 08:12 PM
Pair of Bone Dry Textiles. Outstanding. (and trust me, they have had some serious testing this week.) >:(

BB
05-10-12, 08:16 PM
Sorry Gooz, one of the best bits of kit I've bought has been my Sealskinz socks. Excellent things, my feet don't sweat in them and they fit my feet perfectly and inside my boots just fine! :)

BB

Gooz
05-10-12, 08:17 PM
do you want a spare set :( :(?

BB
05-10-12, 08:20 PM
I'd have them but I expect your feet are bigger than mine - unless you bought too small a set which is why your feet sweat! lol ;)

BB

Gooz
05-10-12, 08:24 PM
have fookin huge feet lol size 12 which is part of the problem i think, I can see the potential for them but sometimes comforts a little elusive :(

Nikki
05-10-12, 08:52 PM
1. Pinlock visor insert - wish I found that years ago
2. Alpine Star boots SO comfortable
3. Kriega luggage pack - the best

Julie_S
05-10-12, 11:05 PM
Hate to say it, my Triumph textile jacket and trousers bought to get me through the winter - £80 & £60 knock down prices due to being last years style and girlie sizes. Never thought I'd wear textiles but it opened up the winter to me and with the liners out served perfect service over the summer. Went over to Frome one day from work on a Friday and only realised just how bad the rain had been when I took my helmet off felt just how wet the hair outside my helmet was. After that my Merino wool walking socks, always warm dry and comfy (despite wearing out come the spring)

Splash
06-10-12, 12:36 PM
Although I haven't had it long, my Rukka Jacket, Trousers and gloves combined with the Sidi B2 Goretex boots... It's like I'm in my own little world where the weather is felt and enjoyed...soley the reason for riding in the first place...but I'm protected when the worst of it hits. 8-)

Beamer
06-10-12, 02:56 PM
Gotta be my heated grips !!
They saw me through the monsoon we rode through going to Wales, even though my gloves were wringing wet, my hands stayed warm....once my hands are cold then the whole of me gets cold.....those grips were a godsend that day.

And I love my Kevlar jeans...I dont have leathers (hard to find leathers for short chubbies like me so I wont even try any on to save the embarrassment 8-))....but having textiles, and now jeans, Im happy to go out in the cold and warm weather.

;D 8-) ;D 8-)

wiltshire builders
06-10-12, 04:19 PM
Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

I use it on the bike, on the snow and on my mountain bike. Fits perfectly, carries an amazing amount and is water resistant to a pretty high level.

Mitch9128
06-10-12, 05:00 PM
Gore-tex Windstopper, thin enough and warm enough in v low temps, the medics cut it off me last year :( Can't find the same one anymore, and yet to find one i like as much.

BB
06-10-12, 08:04 PM
Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

I use it on the bike, on the snow and on my mountain bike. Fits perfectly, carries an amazing amount and is water resistant to a pretty high level.

Brilliant bit of kit [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Mitch9128
06-10-12, 08:25 PM
Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

BB

I have an R35, but never use it on the bike, i can't help but think of the consequences of an off with it on. Much prefer a tailpack.

BB
06-10-12, 08:31 PM
I've ridden a great many miles with a rucksack over the years without incident or injury but I don't tend to carry great weights in them. If it starts getting weighty it gets fitted to the bike either panniers, tailpack or strapped on.

BB

Wes
06-10-12, 08:42 PM
Time tested, my hein gericke backpack, good small size with chest strap, and it also zips out to allow extra room if required. Also my Richa ratchet waterproof boots, performs well outside of the price tag, would definitely buy again :)

Thorkill_The_Tall
06-10-12, 10:22 PM
The best money I've ever spent on my bike is for the petrol I put in the tank........

redken1
06-10-12, 10:58 PM
The best kit I own has got to be my 1999 treble winning shirt. :D ;) :P

Sorry, sorry, just couldn't resist it. ;)

Seriously though, Kevlar jeans - the only trousers I find that stop me overheating on a hot summer's day and my Lidl waterproof overtrousers - 100 per cent waterproof

Senna(Dan)
07-10-12, 05:34 AM
The bset bit of kit I have bought it defineltey my coldkillerz trousers, top and gloves. Warranted it cost the thick end of £70 but they have been a lifesaver in the winter on the bike and working!

wiltshire builders
07-10-12, 01:20 PM
Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

BB

I have an R35, but never use it on the bike, i can't help but think of the consequences of an off with it on. Much prefer a tailpack.
Obviously you need to plan your packing acordingly. Soft things like clothes go in the R25, bulky shoes,ming vases and wash kit goes in the US20.
I didn't like the R35. I felt it was too big and the strap locking system wasn't as good. It is fully waterproof though [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dan505
07-10-12, 03:00 PM
Mines got to be my Pirellis, improved my confidence massively and let me ride in all weathers, definatley getting the same set again when new boots are needed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Trev
07-10-12, 09:36 PM
Gotta be my first Goretex suit (Hein Gericke). Always been a leathers person and still prefer them if weather in that narrow band of not too warm, not too cold, no rain but the textiles have really extended my riding to all year round - though not an every day biker

Kevinb
08-10-12, 01:36 PM
Triumph touring boots. Bought them discounted at the NEC bike show years a go. Very comfy, totally waterproof and just starting to give up now.
Struggling to find something similar

BB
08-10-12, 02:09 PM
Triumph touring boots. Bought them discounted at the NEC bike show years a go. Very comfy, totally waterproof and just starting to give up now.

Personally, I've never met a pair of waterproof motorcycling boots yet! But that's just in my experience ::) Good to hear others have [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Goldie
08-10-12, 02:12 PM
My Daytona Ladystars. I'd be unable to ride without them :( :-*

Couldn't touch the bloody ground

Mitch9128
08-10-12, 02:43 PM

Personally, I've never met a pair of waterproof motorcycling boots yet! But that's just in my experience ::) Good to hear others have [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

I've some old HG Gore-tex lined ones for winter, not very sporty looking, but dry as a bone still many years later, and nearly worn out.

Geordie Stu
08-10-12, 03:46 PM
Sidi Vertigo boots
RST Stunt Leather Jacket & Troursers

Nooj
08-10-12, 11:38 PM
At the risk of "You're just saying that because you sell them" replies... :-p

My Reevu helmet. With my panniers fitted to my bike all I can see in the mirrors are the panniers, so the mirror in the lid is invaluable for touring. I did 1500 miles around Spain in July, just using the lid's mirror and loved having no blind spots anywhere.

But even without that, it's still the quietest and the most comfy lid I've had in nearly 12 years of riding, better than my previous Shoei XR1000 and Arai Tour-X by a long way and considerably cheaper.

bubblylittleme
09-10-12, 05:21 PM
My heated waistcoat...and gloves...oh and insoles. lol
And heated grips I can flick on in the summer.
Warm as toast!

Mark_Able
09-10-12, 08:14 PM

BB

Took some finding, but my TCX gortex boots (retail £220) are brilliant. I'm on my forth pair. Not only totally waterproof, but comfortable and hard wearing. A lot of instructors use them because they're so good.

Although Kevlar jeans are comfortable in summer temperatures, don't think they give you the same level of protection as leathers, because they don't. No matter what the claims are, we've seen evidence to the contrary. I do wear Kevlar jeans only if the weather is too much to take. And I ride very carefully... :-?

Swanny
28-05-13, 07:32 PM
Just breaking in a pair of TCX Infinity gore-tex boots. No more wet feet for me thanks :cool:

So my best kit is my Shark helmet and my TCX boots
My heated grips are broken so no longer on my good kit list

Birdylegs
02-06-13, 12:23 AM
Lessons and race lessons insurance licence puts me to bottom of group still

napalm
02-06-13, 10:29 AM
For me it has to be stomp grip. Puts me much more secure on the bike, and takes a bunch of pressure off the wrists.

Giz56
03-06-13, 03:26 PM
Hi All

Well the best this in have bought was £1600.

in short the missus a bike. it halved the load of mine instantly. made it lighter and more agile.

well worth the money. !!!

BB
03-06-13, 06:19 PM
Hi All

Well the best this in have bought was £1600.

in short the missus a bike. it halved the load of mine instantly. made it lighter and more agile.

well worth the money. !!!

;);)

mikeapm
07-06-13, 10:25 PM
heated gloves.

fd2526
13-06-13, 08:25 PM
Grip Puppies have made my FJR much more comfortable on my wrists :)