PDA

View Full Version : 60000 miles...

Mark_Able
09-10-12, 08:48 PM
Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. New rear shock from Hagon, new fork oil, new rear disc, ditched the tank bag in favour of a Givi top box, new belly pan, and the old girl is as good as new. Top box much better for keeping my kit dry, and I don't notice it's there (unlike the tank bag that kept pressing my four-way flashers everytime I went full-lock left). Also got a taller screen from Powerbronze, which does a good job of wind protection, but also creates a lot of wind noise around my helmet. So I'll be keeping that just for long journeys. I'm getting a reet ole git... ::)

BB
09-10-12, 08:50 PM
I do still sorta miss my FZ1 :P Great bike

BB

Goldie
09-10-12, 09:09 PM
Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. New rear shock from Hagon, new fork oil, new rear disc, ditched the tank bag in favour of a Givi top box, new belly pan, and the old girl is as good as new. Top box much better for keeping my kit dry, and I don't notice it's there (unlike the tank bag that kept pressing my four-way flashers everytime I went full-lock left). Also got a taller screen from Powerbronze, which does a good job of wind protection, but also creates a lot of wind noise around my helmet. So I'll be keeping that just for long journeys. I'm getting a reet ole git... ::)
do your flies up then ;D ;D

SORRY! :P

voodoo
09-10-12, 09:22 PM
Good going, haven't even done that many miles in my car :D

Jon_W
10-10-12, 08:05 AM
Great stuff.... on to the 100k!!

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 08:42 AM
Why am I not surprised. Very much a work horse [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dan505
10-10-12, 10:07 AM
thats some serious miles

Senna(Dan)
10-10-12, 10:35 AM
You are going to be replacing the clocks as well then.

Great to see some proper reliability from a machine.

Nikki
10-10-12, 11:42 AM
Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. ........

Sorry but still a baby compared to my car - 145,000 no problems (it is diesel mind you :-[ :)).

Jon_W
10-10-12, 01:08 PM
Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. ........

Sorry but still a baby compared to my car - 145,000 no problems (it is diesel mind you :-[ :)).

Here's the world record.... :o

A 1966 Volvo P-1800S owned by Irvin Gordon of East Patchogue, New York, USA, had covered in excess of 4,586,630 km (2,850,000 miles) by December 2010. The car is still driven on a daily basis and covers over 160,000 km (100,000 miles) per year, thanks in part to being driven to numerous car shows and events in Europe and the USA

Nooj
10-10-12, 05:35 PM
Yamaha's build quality has come on a long way in the last few years, very nearly rivaling Honda if it wasn't for a few not-very-stainless bolts still being used here and there.

Debz' FZ6 Fazer is creeping up to 103,000 miles now after 7 years from new. Although working from home this year has seen it's use drop to a minuscule fraction of what it was doing before.

Good quality oil that's changed on time every time is the key, she's only ever used Castrol in it and as a result it's engine internals have virtually no wear at all!

Shame the outside hasn't weathered as well, but it's only had me working my magic on it for the last half of it's life and it's been used in all weathers, even snow. I have seen bikes come in to me in worse condition with less than half that mileage though, so it's made some difference.

I'd definitely be tempted by another Yam. Maybe if a cross-plane crank Fazer comes out in a couple of years....

Mark_Able
10-10-12, 10:04 PM
do your flies up then ;D ;D

SORRY! :P

At least I don't whistle... :P ;D

Mark_Able
10-10-12, 10:06 PM

Here's the world record.... :o

A 1966 Volvo P-1800S owned by Irvin Gordon of East Patchogue, New York, USA, had covered in excess of 4,586,630 km (2,850,000 miles) by December 2010. The car is still driven on a daily basis and covers over 160,000 km (100,000 miles) per year, thanks in part to being driven to numerous car shows and events in Europe and the USA

Needs to get a life... ::)

redken1
10-10-12, 10:09 PM
Not far behind you Mark on my Fazer 15,000 K now. ;) ;D

Selling my house so will not have to work weekends next year - more time to get out on the bike. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And the government won't get their greasy mits on it to pay for my care when the time comes. :-* my ar*e [smiley=thumbsup.gif]