PDA

View Full Version : Hein Gericke in Administration

Mitch9128
31-07-12, 11:28 AM
Taken from motorcycle trader:

"Buyers are being sought for motorcycle clothing and accessory retailers, Hein Gericke (UK) Ltd, which was placed into administration on Monday 30th July 2012. "

http://www.motorcycletrader.net/BUYERS-SOUGHT-FOR-MOTORCYCLE-CLOTHING-AND-ACCESSORY-RETAILER-HEIN-GERICKE--UK--.5400167.cms

Buggers, just bought a 2 piece ProSport, and very nice it is too.

wiltshire builders
31-07-12, 12:23 PM
Never used them since the crappy service I got 2 years ago. I'm not saying that the £250 I didn't spend on luggage would've kept them afloat, but it might have made a difference.

Scotty
31-07-12, 12:33 PM
Oh Lordy, another one down the tubes :-/ I wasn't aware that they were in trouble, I'm sure that their business model was more robust than that of George White, but perhaps it was so marginal that several wet months depressing the main selling season was enough to push them over the edge. Hopefully salvation will show up...

Mitch9128
31-07-12, 12:33 PM
Never used them since the crappy service I got 2 years ago. I'm not saying that the £250 I didn't spend on luggage would've kept them afloat, but it might have made a difference.

Varies wildly from store to store, i nearly put one on the manager of the Reading branch the sarky twat, yet the Farnborough branch are great, Brizzle gave me a £130 pair of Jeans free, so i couldn't fault them.

Geordie Stu
31-07-12, 03:12 PM
Let's hope they find a buyer. Doesn't say if the company is going under altogether or just pulling out of the UK market?
We know what crap summer weather we've had & ecconomic climate isn't any better. They may just close certain stores less profitable one's & trade online servicing the uk from certain stores. ::)

Swanny
31-07-12, 03:21 PM
:( My favourite shop

Goldie
31-07-12, 08:20 PM
Gutted, I love their stores & my fave leathers came from there. :-/ :(

Wes
31-07-12, 08:58 PM
Hope they can get it sorted, bought some of their own kit recently and it is excellent quality stuff :-/

fd2526
01-08-12, 12:34 AM
shame - my last pair of bulson boots lasted 5 years, have just got a new pair & a textile suit, quality, price & warranty all fantastic!! :)

goz1960
01-08-12, 09:32 AM
Are the shops still trading or are they shut? I thought they were all franchised out?.

Swanny
01-08-12, 09:36 AM
They are still trading, I phoned the one in Bristol yesterday
The staff don't know much about what happening

goz1960
01-08-12, 09:39 AM
Am I right in thinking they are all franchised?

Mitch9128
01-08-12, 10:09 AM
Yes they are franchised of sorts, but under orders by HQ what they stock, what to push etc etc

BB
01-08-12, 06:51 PM
Bad news, never had any problems with them. Always been great guys & great products.

BB

Mitch9128
01-08-12, 07:30 PM
Well it's all going in a firesale http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

Swanny
02-08-12, 01:44 PM
I wonder who's next???

Shorty
03-08-12, 08:48 AM
I called into the Bournemouth shop last night. 20% off clothing and 10% off helmets. Not sure if the discount will increase over the next couple of days.

470four
03-08-12, 06:48 PM
20% off would only bring their prices down to match other brands... :D

Swanny
03-08-12, 07:00 PM
Yea they had better deals than 20% off before going bust :D

Loops
03-08-12, 09:18 PM
I popped into the Bristol store (as I needed some waterproofing top-up treatment for my stuff) and was also unimpressed by the 'closing down' sale. As you say, they had better discounts when they were trading normally!

However, 20% off is 20% off something I needed anyway 8-)

BB
04-08-12, 02:26 PM
Ghost is looking for a new helmet so we went over to Bristol this morning, came away empty handed. Have seen the helmet he fancies elsewhere cheaper.

BB

Geordie Stu
04-08-12, 02:29 PM
Ghost is looking for a new helmet so we went over to Bristol this morning, came away empty handed. Have seen the helmet he fancies elsewhere cheaper.

BB

Give it a few days when thet foreclose. I think they will just close certain franchise down

Swanny
04-08-12, 04:12 PM
I popped into the Bristol store (as I needed some waterproofing top-up treatment for my stuff) and was also unimpressed by the 'closing down' sale. As you say, they had better discounts when they were trading normally!

However, 20% off is 20% off something I needed anyway 8-)
I hope you have better luck than me, my waterproofs leak and I can't find the receipt to take advantage of the two year guarantee. I guess the guarantee isn't going to be two years now anyway :)

Loops
04-08-12, 09:01 PM
I'm still dry inside it, it's just the fabric outer is beginning to soak up the water which makes it cold and heavy ::)

I believe if it leaks we can take it up with gore-tex themselves as the longest bit of warranty is on their waterproof membrane.

vinny
06-08-12, 09:12 PM
used to rate them few years ago but then some new staff came in at our local branch and they went downhill for services having been thinking for the last year or 2 cant be long before they go as the shop was always dead

Geordie Stu
08-08-12, 11:34 AM
Closing down sale

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

Ducatista
08-08-12, 12:00 PM
my waterproofs leak and I can't find the receipt to take advantage of the two year guarantee. I guess the guarantee isn't going to be two years now anyway

How did you pay - debit or credit card?
How long ago?
Was it over £100?

You may have section 75 protection on your credit card? or potentially be able to do a chargeback on a debit card if you are in time.
A credit card or bank statement is perfectly afequate proof of purchase.
Let me know if I can help further.

Note that chargebacks go to the bank not to the retailer so work even in the event of administration.
I bought my sister some peacocks vouchers for Xmas and got the money back from a chargeback even though Peacocks were in administration.

Swanny
08-08-12, 12:26 PM
They were only £12 and I paid in my favourite form of transaction..... CASH :)

Ducatista
08-08-12, 12:35 PM
I think you might have to accept that you've have your £12 worth in this case :)
But maybe the info is useful to someone else.

Swanny
08-08-12, 01:20 PM
Yea thx for the advice :)
They are ok for showers it's just the seam that leaks and I get a wet patch :'( I maybe able to fix that with some waterproof tape

Rabb
08-08-12, 01:41 PM
Yea thx for the advice :)
They are ok for showers it's just the seam that leaks and I get a wet patch :'( I maybe able to fix that with some waterproof tape

If you go into your local Millets or Blacks you can buy a tent repair kit that will permanently fix your problem (about £7)

Swanny
08-08-12, 02:05 PM
That's a good idea thanks :)

vinny
24-08-12, 09:11 AM
just heard they have found a buyer for hein gerick still having a sale untill september when it gets sorted havent anounced who it is yet though

Nikki
25-08-12, 09:13 PM
Went into HG Bristol this afternoon it's virtually empty in there.

The salesman in there didnt know what was happening. I felt really sorry for him he said it'll be the third time in five years that he's been made redundant

Mitch9128
26-08-12, 07:24 PM
http://www.creditman.biz/uk/members/news-view.asp?newsviewID=16445

Rumour is HG Deutschland is ze buyer.

Rabb
26-08-12, 08:42 PM
Went into HG Bristol this afternoon it's virtually empty in there.

The salesman in there didnt know what was happening. I felt really sorry for him he said it'll be the third time in five years that he's been made redundant

It's nice to see someone thinking about the staff.
I am in retail and I have been in this position. One customer said to me that I should become an actor because even though my store was closing (and I was probably going to be out of a job)
- I was still; passionate, energised, enthusiastic and motivated.
This guy will probably be kept on by the new owners.

Mitch9128
07-09-12, 04:23 PM
So ze Germans have bought 16 stores, no news which yet, sale continues then the 16 that remain open ( one is Farnborough i know that much) are back to normal.

Mitch9128
08-09-12, 06:09 PM
Manchester
Stockwell
Southampton
Edinburgh
Farnborough
Gants Hill
Glasgow
Belfast
Maidstone
Preston
Leicester
Braintree
Aberdeen
Hanger lane
Oxford
Chiswick

No Brizzle.

Col
08-09-12, 08:34 PM
Vunce ze papers are in order ve vill advance on ze retail outlets---today ze high street tomorrow ze vorld !!!!!! :D

Swanny
08-09-12, 09:54 PM
All part of operation paper clip ;)

YMFB
09-09-12, 06:59 AM
Shame Bournemouth isn't on the list, always found them more helpful and better stocked than Southhampton. I suppose S'ton is a better store location and probably has a higher turnover. But Infinity are less than a mile away and are very helpful with a wider selection. I also get a discount for being a blood biker.

Mitch9128
05-10-12, 05:02 PM
Went into Farnborough shop today, stock levels were fairly high and it was 30% off all HG branded gear so i got myself some of these http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/motorcycle-gloves/hein-gericke-sports-leather-gore-texr-x-trafit-handschuhe-schwarz.html new bird in there too, although the old one with the massive arse always did it for me, in a sick kind of way.

Marmalade
07-10-12, 10:43 PM
The stores still have bog all stock and quoted me 13 weeks for delivery so I saved myself a bundle and went to Belgium for some new HG goretex trousers for the bargain price of £130

Mitch9128
08-10-12, 07:22 AM
The stores still have bog all stock and quoted me 13 weeks for delivery so I saved myself a bundle and went to Belgium for some new HG goretex trousers for the bargain price of £130

Must be store dependent then, Aldershot was better than it used to be for sure, did you ring the 0800 number?

Marmalade
10-10-12, 04:55 PM
No, I tried a couple of likely passable stores but was asking specifics like models and sizes since I pretty much knew what I wanted.

Mitch9128
10-10-12, 05:00 PM
No, I tried a couple of likely passable stores but was asking specifics like models and sizes since I pretty much knew what I wanted.

If you ring them they can check all store stock, in fact they can do that from in any store too. The gloves i wanted were only in Manchester in xxl, i had tried that size in a similar glove, ordered Friday, rx'd yesterday, no postage if you ring the 0800 number.

fd2526
11-10-12, 08:28 PM
no postage if you ring the 0800 number.

How did you get on with phoning them? Took me a whole morning before i got to speak to anyone a couple of months ago, have been trying them this week to query Warranty and havent been able to get to anyone at all! They also dont seem to answer emails in my experience :(

Mitch9128
12-10-12, 06:56 AM

How did you get on with phoning them? Took me a whole morning before i got to speak to anyone a couple of months ago, have been trying them this week to query Warranty and havent been able to get to anyone at all! They also dont seem to answer emails in my experience :(

0800 162 162

Answered in about 5 seconds, maybe things have changed now?

Mitch9128
12-10-12, 06:58 AM

0800 165 165

Answered in about 5 seconds, maybe things have changed now? I only rang as i was having problems associating my clubcard with my account, she rectified it immediately, ordered my gloves, and sent me a receipt separately from the gloves in the post.

StreetHippo
12-10-12, 04:51 PM
Popped into the Oxford store this morning. Staff were friendly and helpfull, though stock was low.
They've got a good deal on brake cleaner at the mo!

Stu 8-)

fd2526
12-10-12, 05:16 PM
Answered in about 5 seconds

I'll try next week then! Also didn't expect the club card to still be valid, good to see it is!!

Mitch9128
12-10-12, 05:30 PM
Answered in about 5 seconds

I'll try next week then! Also didn't expect the club card to still be valid, good to see it is!!

Just as well, had £20 on there :)

Swanny
12-10-12, 07:57 PM
I think I chucked mine away :(

fd2526
12-10-12, 09:39 PM
I have £20 too may try and get it spent while I remember - Hopefully they can issue a new card swanny if you had a balance worth recovering ;)