15-10-12, 04:32 PM
Silver BMW - WR10HNZ

Saw him stop motorcyclist this morning.

Splash
15-10-12, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up! 8-)

Mitch9128
15-10-12, 04:46 PM
Beware any German saloon driving slowly in the inside lane, with 2 occupants.

Dan505
15-10-12, 06:23 PM
Was it the poor sod by the Oasis?

Col
15-10-12, 10:26 PM
yawn!!! serving the community--any illegal weapons or drugs found :-? ---oh! another quiet day in paradiso ... any lions or white tigers around to liven things up :-? :D 8-) :P

bubblylittleme
15-10-12, 10:43 PM

yep thats the one....then he blue lighted from there after another.

voodoo
15-10-12, 10:46 PM
Cheers for the heads up, I drive up that way every day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dan505
16-10-12, 07:57 AM

yep thats the one....then he blue lighted from there after another.

good to see were not being singled out :D

Ducatista
16-10-12, 09:49 AM
Wow, you lot are SO judgmental.
You have no idea what was going on yet leap to judgement.
How about putting some salt & vinegar on it ;D

BTW - They are normally WX registrations.

Splash
16-10-12, 10:05 AM

I've noticed a few cops cars, unmarked recently that weren't WX - So be careful.

There was an 04 plate black audi going around a while back, saw it down kingsdown road, swindon pulled over a car though ;) :D ;D

Dan505
16-10-12, 10:08 AM

judgemental? a unmarked police car was spotted with blues on behind a bike with the rider in the back....hows that judging? :-?

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 10:30 AM
They are mostly going to be W* registrations, W stands for west country ::)

Swanny
16-10-12, 10:46 AM
They also use an 04 plate Skoda

Splash
16-10-12, 10:46 AM

Officially, West of England ;)

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 10:51 AM

You'll be pulling me on my spellung next :(

Splash
16-10-12, 11:02 AM

You'll be pulling me on my spellung next :(

;D

Ducatista
16-10-12, 11:33 AM
judgemental? a unmarked police car was spotted with blues on behind a bike with the rider in the back....hows that judging?

Nothing wrong with that Dan. It's comments like this (yours).

good to see were not being singled out

I know you had a smiley after it,but you've still accused the police of prejudice when we know nothing about the situation.

If you were joking then bear in mind that when you put something in black in white that we cannot see your facial expression or hear your tone of voice so about 70% of communication is lost.

I personally work with the police on improving road safety. Plenty of them get involved in Bike safe or advanced groups to try and keep more of us safe and alive. Some of them put in a great deal of time and personal money vountarily. I have no idea what was going on in this case, but most coppers are interested in doing good and saving lives and not just picking on people for the sake of it.

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 12:08 PM
ACAB

Gerry
16-10-12, 12:12 PM
I think... we all ought to cut each other a bit of slack !
Seems that since the colder weather has come we have lost the relaxed atmosphere we usually have on here.

It's got that bad that I don't even have to stir things up a bit to get things going ;)

------------------

I agree that written things sometimes lose a bit, but that's why we have smilies (which Dan used) and most people can tell if things are written "with a smile" :)

Re police, there are some great ones out there who try hard and are nice folk - but I've also met some tossers too (note, no smiley).

Peace & love
G :-*

---------

Mitch - Good advice Always Carry A Bible, I'm not religious myself, but I do like the sentiment ;)

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 12:20 PM
My views on religion are well documented on here 8-)

Scotty
16-10-12, 12:34 PM
ACAB
Really? Would you say the same thing when you call them after your bike's been nicked or your house burgled? :-?

None of us know why the bike in question here had been tugged. Chances are that the car had ANPR and it pinged something up for the bike's registration number - normally it'd be no tax, MoT or insurance. Would we rather the coppers ignored a bike with no insurance and it then ran into our vehicle and left us with all the aggro of an uninsured driver to sort out? We'd moan enough then about the old bill not doing their job wouldn't we?

We all grumble plenty about getting tugged by the old bill, but unless it's by that dickhead Williamson because he doesn't like the colour of your boots, it's normally for a good reason. Like so many people dealing with the public, they have to spend an inordinate amount of effort covering their arses against potential complaints nowadays, so they're unlikely to risk the aggravation of a harrassment complaint aren't they?

A few weeks ago I got tugged twice in the space of a day; firstly on a ZX-10R demonstrator for doing well into three figures on the A4 between Marlborough and Hungerford. I got an almighty bollocking and the copper left it at that. That night, on my way back from the H&C for the first time ever I didn't observe the 40 limit through Cherhill (maybe I should have avoided the A4 altogether!) at 20.00 in the dark and got a ticket for doing 66 in a 40, three points and a £60 fine. Annoying, but given the choice I'd take that over the earlier indiscretion anyday. Both were due to my actions and given the amount of time that we tend to spend on the wrong side of the speed limit on bikes, I have no grounds for complaint. We get away with far more than we get caught for, unless we really ask for it. ::)

Splash
16-10-12, 12:34 PM
My views on religion are well documented on here 8-)

;D

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 12:45 PM
ACAB
Really? Would you say the same thing when you call them after your bike's been nicked or your house burgled? :-?

None of us know why the bike in question here had been tugged. Chances are that the car had ANPR and it pinged something up for the bike's registration number - normally it'd be no tax, MoT or insurance. Would we rather the coppers ignored a bike with no insurance and it then ran into our vehicle and left us with all the aggro of an uninsured driver to sort out? We'd moan enough then about the old bill not doing their job wouldn't we?

We all grumble plenty about getting tugged by the old bill, but unless it's by that dickhead Williamson because he doesn't like the colour of your boots, it's normally for a good reason. Like so many people dealing with the public, they have to spend an inordinate amount of effort covering their arses against potential complaints nowadays, so they're unlikely to risk the aggravation of a harrassment complaint aren't they?

A few weeks ago I got tugged twice in the space of a day; firstly on a ZX-10R demonstrator for doing well into three figures on the A4 between Marlborough and Hungerford. I got an almighty bollocking and the copper left it at that. That night, on my way back from the H&C for the first time ever I didn't observe the 40 limit through Cherhill (maybe I should have avoided the A4 altogether!) at 20.00 in the dark and got a ticket for doing 66 in a 40, three points and a £60 fine. Annoying, but given the choice I'd take that over the earlier indiscretion anyday. Both were due to my actions and given the amount of time that we tend to spend on the wrong side of the speed limit on bikes, I have no grounds for complaint. We get away with far more than we get caught for, unless we really ask for it. ::)

Shocking, i would never speed. Of course not all coppers are bastards, and not all my posts on here are bollocks, just most of them.

Dan505
16-10-12, 01:12 PM
judgemental? a unmarked police car was spotted with blues on behind a bike with the rider in the back....hows that judging?

Nothing wrong with that Dan. It's comments like this (yours).

good to see were not being singled out

I know you had a smiley after it,but you've still accused the police of prejudice when we know nothing about the situation.

If you were joking then bear in mind that when you put something in black in white that we cannot see your facial expression or hear your tone of voice so about 70% of communication is lost.

I personally work with the police on improving road safety. Plenty of them get involved in Bike safe or advanced groups to try and keep more of us safe and alive. Some of them put in a great deal of time and personal money vountarily. I have no idea what was going on in this case, but most coppers are interested in doing good and saving lives and not just picking on people for the sake of it.

when did i accuse the police of something? i said it was good to see no predujice as they went after another person? agree with Gerry, this used to be an open forum where every post wasn't picked about...which smiley should i use Duc to convey humour? >:( ? :-X ? :-? ? :o ? please let me know seeming as you want to act as post police on this one

Ducatista
16-10-12, 01:23 PM
:-X

That one's best ;)

Splash
16-10-12, 01:25 PM

That one's best ;)

;D

Kevinb
16-10-12, 02:01 PM
Quote "Both were due to my actions and given the amount of time that we tend to spend on the wrong side of the speed limit on bikes"

Have they brought in a speed limit then? ;D

Gerry
16-10-12, 02:15 PM
[quote author=Mitch9128 link=1350315157/17#17 date=1350385703]ACAB

Shocking, i would never speed. Of course not all coppers are bastards, and not all my posts on here are bollocks, just most of them.

Even though you called my exhaust crappy Mitch. I'm warming to you - sorry ;)

Swanny
16-10-12, 02:22 PM
Can you feel the love???

;D

Dan505
16-10-12, 03:12 PM

That one's best ;)
ok Duc i'll follow your lead, you try keeping yours quiet from time to time and i'll follow suit......

and as for ACAB and being judgemental, as my father and younger brother are both policemen i don't mind coppers but as with any profession (IAM included) you get the odd tit and its generally the person and not the job :) :) :) :) :) :) and for those of you unsure....they are smileys

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 03:29 PM
[quote author=Mitch9128 link=1350315157/17#17 date=1350385703]ACAB

Even though you called my exhaust crappy Mitch. I'm warming to you - sorry ;)

LOL, i've had a Fuel can, on a Bandit 600 funnily enough :D

nickreeve
16-10-12, 03:34 PM
i also saw a black unmarked 55 plate bmw in swindon today

Swanny
16-10-12, 05:39 PM
My mates an ex copper, he left because he didn't like the people he was working along side.
I asked him if he had ever been let off if pulled over because he was a fellow cop, he said no one likes traffic and they don't like anyone else ;D

There are some good ones out there but in my experience most seem to be on an ego trip, especially the younger ones.
They forget that we are all just people sharing this planet living our lives and that there is no real hierarchy, but they seem to enjoy talking down to people.

bubblylittleme
16-10-12, 06:32 PM
Remind me not to comment next time.

Mitch9128
16-10-12, 06:38 PM

3 pages, not sure why you have the hump?

Dan505
16-10-12, 09:06 PM
Nowt wrong with your comment, it was others who seem to carry a McCain or two on their shoulder..... It was a good spot and keep on posting 8-)

Senna(Dan)
16-10-12, 10:16 PM
Haven't visited in a few days and world war three is threatening to break out.

Where has the friendly bunch of WBs I know and love gone?

:P :P :P :P

Dan505
17-10-12, 10:13 AM
all hiding indoors cause its freezing...i did think with your first sentence you were giving us breaking news of what you were causing 'over there' ;D