PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclists First Aid Course 27/10/12

Gerry
09-10-12, 01:06 PM
Emergency First Aid at Work Course
(First Responder Course)

This will be an accredited five hour course with the addition of the extra information that may be needed by motorcyclists, eg helmet removal etc.
You will finish the course with a Certificate which will be valid for three years.

It will be carried out by EAUKDS Trowbridge, where one of our members, Rob Gooze, instructs. There will be a number of instructors on hand and he has contacted Wiltshire Ambulance who say they can also turn up on the day.

They promise an educational, but fun day !

The cost of the course, £30.00, is highly subsidised by EAUKDS for which I’m very grateful.

Payment needs to be made in full a few days before the course as course material needs to be bought and logged with Highfield.

Please sort payment out as soon as you can as if the interest doesn’t transform into at least ten paid bookings it will jeopardise the running of the course.

If you have any questions, please contact Rob and I'm sure he will help.

WHEN:
SATURDAY OCTOBER 27TH AT 10.00AM

WHERE:
The Proactive Learning Centre
42a Roundstone Street
Trowbridge
BA14 8DE
Tel 01225 430555

BRING:
DRIVING LICENCE OR PHOTO ID.

COST / PAYMENT: £30.00
CASH: TO SIMPSONS, TROWBRIDGE ROAD, WESTBURY, WILTS, BA13 3AY

PAYPAL: TO sales@simpsons1979.co.uk
REMEMBER TO GIVE YOUR FORUM NAME PLEASE.

CARD: PHONE ME ON 01373 826578

I’ll keep the first post list on the thread up to date as and when I get payments.

I hope as many of you as can will sign up to this course as it may be me that you find in the road on a ride-out sometime in the future, and it would be nice to think you knew what to do !
I joke, but this course may help save somebody’s life !

Cut & Paste please folks...

Gerry

CONFIRMED / PAID
Thank you

Gerry
Dabz
BB
Shorty
Last Train - cash
Jacde - cash
NickL
Dennis
Nelly
Bulldog
Bonnielass - cash
Beamer - cash
Caz

Nelly
09-10-12, 01:15 PM
Gerry
Nelly

Ducatista
09-10-12, 02:23 PM
Any estimate on when the course finishes please?
Putting the question here in case others have the question.

Gooz
09-10-12, 02:28 PM
I would make an educated (pah right!) guess at around 3pm, this is all dependant upon course numbers and your own individual learning capabilities, there is no rush for us, as long as you all fully understand the content and practical assesments are all satisfactory then we are all happy :)

Last Train
09-10-12, 03:04 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train

Last Train
09-10-12, 03:45 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde

Splash
09-10-12, 03:55 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash

Bonnielass
09-10-12, 04:06 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass

Gooz
09-10-12, 05:44 PM
You will also be given the latest defibrulator training .................... anyone giving me a shock will fail lol :D :D :D :D :-[

njl
09-10-12, 06:00 PM
Any estimate on when the course finishes please?
Putting the question here in case others have the question.

That is what i'm thinking about, Thanks

njl
09-10-12, 06:03 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL

BB
09-10-12, 06:23 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL
BB

Beamer
09-10-12, 07:30 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer

Dabz
09-10-12, 08:17 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz

Gerry
09-10-12, 09:58 PM
Good start folks :)
Thank you.
G

Dennis_Sinanan
10-10-12, 12:04 AM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz
Dennis

Shorty
10-10-12, 08:43 AM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz
Dennis
Shorty

Dabz
10-10-12, 09:22 AM
I've sent my money over by PayPal :)

Splash
10-10-12, 10:26 AM
So Sorry everyone and you Gerry, I got my weekends mixed up and I'm actually away on this day... Big sorry! :'(

Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz
Dennis
Shorty

Gerry
10-10-12, 05:40 PM
Sorry you can't join us Spash, I'm sure another one will be run next year.

I've updated the paid list on the first post.

Cheers
G

Edited... Thanks Nick, received paymant [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Caz
11-10-12, 09:45 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz
Dennis
Shorty
Caz955

Basher
12-10-12, 05:54 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz
Dennis
Shorty
Caz955
Basher

Gerry
14-10-12, 10:22 PM
Two more "paids" - many thanks both.

Post one updated.
Cheers
G

Beamer
14-10-12, 10:35 PM
I have given my money to Rosie (yesterday) Gerry ;D

Bonnielass
15-10-12, 07:37 AM
Sorry Gerry! Should have given you money yesterday! ::) I'll pop in to your work on Wednesday if that's ok? :)

Gerry
15-10-12, 10:39 AM
I have given my money to Rosie (yesterday) Gerry ;D

Ah.. I should have guessed Tina.

I saw Rosie down town late on Saturday night completely wasted, she said (well mumbled really, as she'd just been sick on the pub floor) that she'd come into some money and was celebrating [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
;D ;D ;D

Two more payments, thank you Nelly & Robert (which Robert are you please) ;)

Post one updated.

Thank you all.
G

Bonnielass
15-10-12, 12:15 PM

I saw Rosie down town late on Saturday night completely wasted, she said (well mumbled really, as she'd just been sick on the pub floor) that she'd come into some money and was celebrating [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
;D ;D ;D

Gerry! You're a bad man!! I told you not to tell on me!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Beamer
15-10-12, 07:04 PM

;D ;D ;D

Gerry! You're a bad man!! I told you not to tell on me!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

hehehe.....Im happy to pay again if it meant Rosie had such a brilliant time on it........but Id like to know where she went to get that drunk on such a small amount of money......pub prices are extortionate these days.........or was she on a park bench first, before going to the pub...........I admire you Rosie...what a legend xx

Bulldog
15-10-12, 10:41 PM
Gerry
Nelly
Last Train
Jacde
Splash
Bonnielass
NickL
BB
Beamer
Dabz
Bulldog

Gerry
17-10-12, 03:20 PM
Thanks Robert / Bob / Bulldog,
Payment received, that's 14 of us now (I have a couple of firm promises) ;)

I've updated the Paid list on the first post.

Any more out there ???

Gerry

Gerry
22-10-12, 10:31 AM
Morning Folks,

Just a reminder that this is on Saturday.

I need to submit the final paid list on Wednesday so there's still time to sign up.

I'm sure there's more out there who "mean to do one sometime" - now's your chance ;)

Cheers
G

Caz
22-10-12, 09:45 PM
Paid but it didn't give me the option to put my name :)

Gerry
23-10-12, 09:46 AM

I've just got a £30.00 payment from a carolinesexypants@hotmail.com that must be you ;)

The confirmed list is:

Gerry
Dabz
BB
Shorty
Last Train - cash
Jacde - cash
NickL
Dennis
Nelly
Bulldog
Bonnielass - cash
Beamer - cash
Caz

Still time to join in though [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Caz
23-10-12, 10:44 AM
::) :)

bobf279
23-10-12, 01:36 PM

I've just got a £30.00 payment from a carolinesexypants@hotmail.com that must be you ;)

Nice one Gerry on form as usual

Snowy
23-10-12, 02:50 PM

Nice one Gerry on form as usual

I have sent 10 emails to that Hotmail address today... not had a single reply yet ;D ;D

Caz
23-10-12, 09:35 PM
He he :P

Gooz
25-10-12, 03:38 AM
Folks can you please forward by pm or attach to this thread your full names please as we now need to book you onto this course with the accrediting body. Many thanks in advance..... :)

BB
25-10-12, 07:32 AM
PM sent 8-)

BB

Bonnielass
25-10-12, 08:22 AM
PM sent. Where do we have to meet, what time and approximately what time will we finish?

Last Train
25-10-12, 08:34 AM
PM sent

Shorty
25-10-12, 08:41 AM
PM sent. Where do we have to meet, what time and approximately what time will we finish?

Morning Rosie.
Unless its changed - this was the info - until about 3pm I think.

WHEN:
SATURDAY OCTOBER 27TH AT 10.00AM

WHERE:
The Proactive Learning Centre
42a Roundstone Street
Trowbridge
BA14 8DE
Tel 01225 430555

BRING:
DRIVING LICENCE OR PHOTO ID.

Cheers

Gerry
25-10-12, 09:40 AM
PM Sent with full name.

Cheers
Gerry

Caz
25-10-12, 10:52 PM
Pm sent

Bulldog
25-10-12, 11:25 PM
PM sent

Bob

Jacde
26-10-12, 03:27 AM
Pm sent [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gooz
26-10-12, 12:28 PM
Late entries have been allowed and catered for on this course, If anybody would like to turn up on the day and take the course then there are at present a further 7 places booked and allocated to the school tomorrow for the purpose of first aid training we are able to offer you, the cost is the same £30 per person accredited, normally we wouldnt be able to do this as people need booking on but as we have approached Highfield and explained the reasoning and thought behind it all they too are very supportive and wish you all the very best.

Please be at

Pro Active Learning Centre
42a Roundstone Street
Trowbridge
BA14 8DE.

For 10 am Saturday Morning.

Bike Parking is available next to the main post office opposite the school and 10 metres further up the road.

Car parking around Trowbridge streets is normally restricted to 1 hour, however 2 levels of the multi storey carpark are free and available all day, make sure you get the right levels however as most are for 2 hours only,

There is a long stay pay and display car park off The Halve just around the corner approximately a 45 second walk away.

Many Thanks and see you all tomorrow.

Your instuctors for the day will be Steve Cox, Phil Pajet and Nicki Wills.

Wilts ambulance and paramedic service have confirmed their attendance but duty will decide upon the time.

Many thanks EAUKDS and the Proactive Learning Centre.

Gerry
26-10-12, 02:12 PM
No panic, but still no bank details to transfer the money, saying that, £390 will buy a nice pub lunch for us ;)

G :)

Gooz
26-10-12, 04:51 PM
Dont panic gerry like I said no rush.............................................. However...............................Wiltshire Times are attending to take all your pappy snaps and have asked for maximum bike attendance folks, even if your not doing the course then run in and say hello, grab your forum some much deserved publicity and get the word out there.
I will see if the hogg comes to life in the morning and anyone with a none runner and valid insurance can if they so wish grab little suzi if they wish.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

njl
27-10-12, 09:30 AM
Sorry folks after A late shift at work I've missed the train so won't make this now. Have a good un.

Gooz
27-10-12, 05:07 PM
Shame you couldnt make it Nick you missed a hopefully very informative day, Well done to all who attended and passed their courses today, was great to meet you all even those hitting me pmsl.... location joke,
Congratulations to you all and We hope you will never have to use the skills youv'e learnt or refreshed.

Dabz
27-10-12, 06:13 PM
That was a brilliant day, huge thanks to Gooz and Gerry for organising. Really worthwhile and I'd urge all WBers to do one of these - it might just save a life one day.

I'm sure we'll run more of these so if interested just let one of us know

Gooz - pass on our thanks to the instructors, they were great

BB
27-10-12, 06:14 PM
^^ what he said ^^ Many thanks guys

BB

redken1
27-10-12, 06:34 PM
That was a brilliant day, huge thanks to Gooz and Gerry for organising. Really worthwhile and I'd urge all WBers to do one of these - it might just save a life one day.

I'm sure we'll run more of these so if interested just let one of us know

Gooz - pass on our thanks to the instructors, they were great

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
27-10-12, 06:44 PM
It was really interesting and informative...and a bloody worthwhile way to spend a cold Saturday.

Thanks to Gerry and Gooz for sorting it all out.

Lovely to meet Sam and cheers for allowing me to plant a few good punches on you Gooz.....I know exactly how to sort Kev out if he ever chokes (and when he doesn't hehe)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gooz
27-10-12, 07:14 PM
you battered the **** out of me pmsl fair play it was funny................. I really expexted you to miss, especially when Steve advised you to aim lower............ mmm batter the boss saturday............ could catch on but i friggin hope it dont lol :)

Beamer
27-10-12, 07:31 PM
Ummm sorry :-?

Last Train
27-10-12, 07:59 PM
I really enjoyed the day.

Thanks to all for the set up and running of the course.

Thanks especially to the very helpful and learned instructors who really enjoy and have great enthusiasm for their work. Your tuiton was excellent.

:)

Nelly
28-10-12, 05:55 PM
Likewise. Interesting and informative. Thank you gerry & Gooz for sorting this one.

(still getting over having Judy grope my arse as i lay there dying....) ;)

Shorty
28-10-12, 06:57 PM
As everyone has already said - excellent day - thanks to all!

BB
28-10-12, 07:28 PM
Likewise. Interesting and informative. Thank you gerry & Gooz for sorting this one.

(still getting over having Judy grope my arse as i lay there dying....) ;)

I'd hate you to die feeling your arse was not appreciated!

XX

Bulldog
28-10-12, 08:20 PM
I'd like to add my thanks to all involved in setting up this course, the instructors, and the others on the course. It was a good day.

Bob

Caz
28-10-12, 09:20 PM
Yeh ditto. Thanks to all involved very informative and I feel much more confident now if I ever I come across an accident

:)

Gerry
29-10-12, 10:02 AM
Many thanks Gooz and all who came along.
I thought it was spot on for what I wanted, not deep theory, just what to do if I ride round a bend and see someone lying in the road in a bad way. Everything else was a bonus.
Like others have said it will give me the confidence to jump in and help if the worst happens. I hope you all felt the same.

Shame you couldn’t get Nick, I’m sure there will be another run next year at sometime.

Cheers
Gerry

Mark_Able
30-10-12, 09:58 PM
Sorry all for not attending. Had to do the bloody wedding thing... >:(